Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Zones $5.99 proxy hack made easy=)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This works flawlessly

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Curious about the legalities of this... as you are essentially stealing network service... T-Mobile can probably easily fine you (and well within their rights) if you are taking a service that you are not supposed to have without having paid for it monthly.

edit: just got to reading about t-zones being blocked. Well, as I thought T-Mobile is blocking people out that are getting data coverage they haven't paid for. This is VERY easy to scan for especially now that they now people are doing it (thanks to this forum). I pay for my EDGE and i find that 20 bucks a month is a fair price for all that I am able to use it for.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 01-14-2008 at 04:27 AM.

Default Going back to Total Internet from the tzones hack
    Can someone give me the original preferences.plist so that I can go back to total internet? tzones is working great, but I am paying for total internet and tzones now cause I need the hotspot access at starbucks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Curious about the legalities of this... as you are essentially stealing network service... T-Mobile can probably easily fine you (and well within their rights) if you are taking a service that you are not supposed to have without having paid for it monthly.

edit: just got to reading about t-zones being blocked. Well, as I thought T-Mobile is blocking people out that are getting data coverage they haven't paid for. This is VERY easy to scan for especially now that they now people are doing it (thanks to this forum). I pay for my EDGE and i find that 20 bucks a month is a fair price for all that I am able to use it for.
    I think I have experienced the t-zones being blocked...twice. The connection worked for a couple days, but then it stopped. It came up to me as an "internal error" or the COMVERSE page in Safari. I switched to my older t-mobile phone, called customer care, and told them I was using that phone. They fixed it (after an hour...btw their tech services is terribly organized) and it worked on the iphone! Then the next day, I got the error again.

Bah, I give up! For now, I discontinued the t-zones $5.99. Not sure if I need the internet that much to pay the $19.99. I am always around a wifi network anyways at home and work.

Mine stopped working a few days ago -- I had the $5.99 T-zones on my last phone as well and didn't usually have a problem. Right now the iPhone is sending and receiving e-mails without a problem but I haven't been able to access the internet.... looks like it might be time for the $20 plan but the hot spot access makes it worth it, I guess.

Default need help
    okay i tried entering the manual hack, with the proxy thing nothing, i enter the voice thing in settings and nothing. nothing is working for me. it loads forever and then says an erro page for loading. i cant connect to wi fi because i dont have any passwords to local ones. any way i can do this manually? and how long usally does it take to load a page?

this hack don't work on 1.1.3 just let u know

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0316 View Post
    this hack don't work on 1.1.3 just let u know
    It's now working for 1.1.3 please see the first post of this thread for updated instructions. I'm on 1.1.3 and have $5.99 TZones plan working 100%.
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

Default unable to access
    the source refuses to refresh, i mean after i make the entry of http://iphone.surrealnetworks.com/repo ,it takes a lot of time at refreshing source and then it comes back and says there is a upgrade available for installer and if i select no then it refreshes source again and fails, there is no entry of surreal networks anywhere in the install option...
    could somebody suggest any solution??
    in the source the entry is in uncategorized as untitled source.
    (am using 1.1.2 firmware)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vikasm143 View Post
    the source refuses to refresh, i mean after i make the entry of http://iphone.surrealnetworks.com/repo ,it takes a lot of time at refreshing source and then it comes back and says there is a upgrade available for installer and if i select no then it refreshes source again and fails, there is no entry of surreal networks anywhere in the install option...
    could somebody suggest any solution??
    in the source the entry is in uncategorized as untitled source.
    (am using 1.1.2 firmware)
    I just installed surrealnetworks repo and it installed just fine.

There is no reason to replace the unkowncarrierlist file. Just go into Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. Once you refresh the settings & your phone reboots, whatever you type in the APN will stick.

i do have t-zones with 1.1.1 please help me to set up edge.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    It's now working for 1.1.3 please see the first post of this thread for updated instructions. I'm on 1.1.3 and have $5.99 TZones plan working 100%.
    i tried the iphone.surrealnetworks.com/repo t-mobile hack and it didn't work. i also tried sleepers.net/iphonerepo but there's no t-mobile hack? is there another source? thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a jalibroken 1.1.3 (from 1.1.2), and the $5.99 t-zones plan.
    I installed the T-ZOnes Hack for 1.1.3 from installer:
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    name: guest
    password: guest

only my email works. Is this supposed to let me browse the web too?

by the way, What is SSH? I used to have an icon for SSH when I was at 1.1.2. Now I don't.
    How does one use SSH? Am i supposed have OpenSSH installed? I currently don't.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erio View Post
    i tried the iphone.surrealnetworks.com/repo t-mobile hack and it didn't work. i also tried sleepers.net/iphonerepo but there's no t-mobile hack? is there another source? thanks!
    I had to restore my phone today and didn't see the T Zones Hack on the sleepers.net/iphonerepo. Seems like it was removed. I had to SSH the proxy files to my 1.1.3 phone WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by elsgk2 View Post
    I have a jalibroken 1.1.3 (from 1.1.2), and the $5.99 t-zones plan.
    I installed the T-ZOnes Hack for 1.1.3 from installer:
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    name: guest
    password: guest

only my email works. Is this supposed to let me browse the web too?

by the way, What is SSH? I used to have an icon for SSH when I was at 1.1.2. Now I don't.
    How does one use SSH? Am i supposed have OpenSSH installed? I currently don't.
    Name and password should remain blank. Don't fill in with "guest"
    Last edited by JD914; 02-01-2008 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JD914 For This Useful Post:

tick123tock (02-01-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    I had to restore my phone today and didn't see the T Zones Hack on the sleepers.net/iphonerepo. Seems like it was removed. I had to SSH the proxy files to my 1.1.3 phone WTF?

Name and password should remain blank. Don't fill in with "guest"
    That totally worked for me! THANKS!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

so yah, i was on the total internet package for over a month and thought i'd give this a shot. it works lol and less then 4 hours of waiting for it to activate. only thing i cant get working is youtube search function but im over that anyway. saving 14 bucks a month feels pretty nice

Thanks

Default Updated instructions for 1.1.3
    ***FIRMWARE 1.1.3***

In installer go to All Packages and install Bigboss's Beta/Experimental Source
    go to Tweaks (1.1.3)
    install T-Mobile 1.1.3 TZones Hack
    Restart phone and your done!
    Last edited by JD914; 02-03-2008 at 12:24 PM.

found the app let see if it works

when i try to install Bigboss's Beta/Experimental Source, after it a bit when it is refreshing the source the installer just hangs tryed it a few times, does the same thing, any advice

when i try to install Bigboss's Beta/Experimental Source, after it a bit when it is refreshing the source the installer just hangs tryed it a few times, does the same thing, any advice

thanks for the update for the 1.1.3 version, just installed it, everything works fine thanx
    Last edited by diljosh; 02-03-2008 at 12:59 PM.

thanks for the update for the 1.1.3 version, just installed it, everything works fine thanx

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast