Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Zones $5.99 proxy hack made easy=)

Still working here on 1.0.2. Just ran the speed test Edge:107kb/s Wifi:836kb/s. Not to bad for $5.99

Does it work in all firmware?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wellcome2phily View Post
    Does it work in all firmware?
    It worked for me when I was on 1.1.1. and it's till working for me on 1.1.2
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

it works for me but only in some areas

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't see "surreal networks" on the install options. did they remove this?

damn, i had this working on my v.1.0.2 iPhone but now it wont work after I switched away then back to the t-zones plan. I'm getting this comverse error in safari... damn...
    might sell my iphone now...

Quote Originally Posted by coolmemin View Post
    I added the t-zones service to my phone and followed these instructions. I turned off WIFI to test and I get an E in the menu bar but it doesn't connect to anything, not even mail. In safari I get the error:
    internal error. You do not have access to the site in search.google.com/search?q
    same problem , : internal error You do not have access to the side in""""""

got internet last nite, got the text confirm, gonna wait and see, thanks for the hack!!! ur guys are awsome!

^^^^^^

same problem here.. i can only go to www.yahoo.com in safari. nothing else works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did it and it worked great but one big problem, Youtube doesnt work, it says youtube is not available .... can someone please tell me how to fix this???? thanks a million

Quote Originally Posted by abdelkweli1 View Post
    Works amazingly well!!
    If people do not want to install sticky apn: this is the method to "stick" your apn:
    1. Open iphonebrowser (or connect using ftp)
    2. Go to /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/UnknownCarrier.plist
    3. Save the file unknowncarrier.plist and open it thru notepad
    4. Go to
    <dict>
    <key>apn</key>
    <string>HERETYPEYOURAPN</string> For t-zones type wap.voicestream.com
    <key>password</key>
    [...]
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <key>apn</key>
    <string></string> Leave it blank
    <key>password</key>
    [...]
    </dict>
    5. Only change the first one not the second <dict> as specified above
    6. back to iphonebrowser and replace unknowcarrier.plist with the one you just edited
    6. You're good to go and you havent had to install yet another software (useful one tho)

Good luck
    how do you get to the first step??? you don't open up safari then type all that stuff in do you? I am lost...please help

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manny6i9 View Post
    how do you get to the first step??? you don't open up safari then type all that stuff in do you? I am lost...please help
    Fist off this guy is not the author of this thread. He hijacked my thread and posted a more complicated method. Go to the first post I made and you should have no problems.

DO NOT FOLLOW abdelkweli1 METHOD.

Quote Originally Posted by fveilani View Post
    I did it and it worked great but one big problem, Youtube doesnt work, it says youtube is not available .... can someone please tell me how to fix this???? thanks a million
    There is no fix because YouTube does not work with the proxy hack. YouTube will only work if you have the more expensive $19.99 plan.
    Last edited by JD914; 01-02-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

forget youtube, i can't get anything to work lol.. no idea why

I'm using the $5.99 plan and YouTube works for me! I also installed the YouTube Fix (3 files) from SurrealNetworks. Maybe this made a difference.

My phone is 1.1.1.

The only apps that won't work for me on EDGE are iTunes and iRadio. I have read that iRadio will work over EDGE with the full internet plan but not T Zones. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone have iRadio working with T Zones?

QUestion, why doesn't YouTube work with this?

Also, will this work overseas while on travel?

Hey Is Tmobile web the zone thing as tzones? My old phone was a sidekick tzones was not available as a feature that I could add myself online. I changed the phone to a razr and then Tmobile web was available to add now. I just wasnt sure....
    Might have to try it if no one knows.

Well Im gonna go ahead and answer my own question =)

It does work!

1.1.2 OTB.... Logged into Tmobile and on the upper right hand where it has your username and the picture of your phone, click on it and change your phone to a Razr. Save it and when you go to the billing and services part, you will have different options and you can now add Tmobile Web for 5.99! No need to call! Dont know the actual internet speed but it does seem a bit faster than my old sidekick!
    Last edited by PuertoRock33; 01-08-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Tried this method ^^^ of changing phone on tmobile site profile to the razr & adding tzone. But was still unable to connect after trying the app install & cyberduck tzone hacks. I called T-mobile & was surprised when the rep knew I was using an iPhone. I denied & was told I would need to call from another phone line to walk me through the process.

Quote Originally Posted by illafone View Post
    Tried this method ^^^ of changing phone on tmobile site profile to the razr & adding tzone. But was still unable to connect after trying the app install & cyberduck tzone hacks. I called T-mobile & was surprised when the rep knew I was using an iPhone. I denied & was told I would need to call from another phone line to walk me through the process.
    How long did you wait from the time you added it till the time you tried it? Did you check your services after you added it online to make sure it was added? You should get a text msg hrs later saying that the changes have been applied...

Hi. I was paying EDGE $20, I did what you post, and called back t-obile to disconnect the EDGE. I used T-Zones for 2 days, and now is not working. What should I do? Did they block my T-Zones access. or it just wont work for a while as yourself post. thank u for ur help

It worked for 2 days after I called to disconect EDGE, but today didnt work any longer. Any answers? thankx
    Last edited by fer; 01-12-2008 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

for some reason tzones seem to have suddenly stopped from me today also. hopefully it's temporary

ok so whoever invented this application is like my best ******* friend i have been trying to make the internet work on this freakin phone since i got it back in august and now its amazing THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast