Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Zones $5.99 proxy hack made easy=)

Quote Originally Posted by dale2 View Post
    yes indeed it is THE internet.
    I have no $25 dollar a month smartphone plan and i'm using my iphone 3G to reply to this. Actually im tethering it to share the internet with my macbook.
    there was no work, all i did was enter in "internet2.voicestream.com" as the cellular data APN and reboot a few times.

EDIT:
    Hold on... i misundterstood you. I'm talking about using t-zones for internet, i dont know if the $10 internet works on iphone.
    Where is this "t-zones" you speak of?
    I log into my.t-mobile.com ->manage -> Plans and Services ->Change Services

Under Internet & Email, I only see these options, but not t-zones.

i don't know if tzones exists anymore. the original post was in 2007. tzones is for older phones just to download ringers and wallpaper even if it is still around it will probably only let you sign up for it if you have your current phone in mytmobile set to an old one

This worked for me:
    How to get T-Zones Added!! Works.

to add tzones since it isn't offered anymore.

where is the installer app?

Quote Originally Posted by faisal714 View Post
    where is the installer app?
    What installer app? Installer is long gone.

In fact, installer and this proxy hack are very old.

There is no need for the proxy hack anymore.

Check out the carrier bundle thread for your T-Mobile needs.

T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Data/Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS)

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    What installer app? Installer is long gone.

In fact, installer and this proxy hack are very old.

There is no need for the proxy hack anymore.

Check out the carrier bundle thread for your T-Mobile needs.

T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Data/Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS)
    So is it still posible to use T-Zones on a prepaid plan to get EDGE speeds and also access other data such as ITunes and be able to tether? I can get to wap websites now but that's it. I have tried the carrier bundle and that does not work either.
    Thanks
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 02-08-2010 at 11:04 PM.

My unlock iphone does not show any APN under netwrok settings so I can not add the wap or voicestream. What happened and what can I do be able to see the APN and change it properly? I need help fast.

Download and install the correct carrier ipcc file and load it with ITunes and restart the phone and they should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    So is it still posible to use T-Zones on a prepaid plan to get EDGE speeds and also access other data such as ITunes and be able to tether? I can get to wap websites now but that's it. I have tried the carrier bundle and that does not work either.
    Thanks
    Data for prepaid isn't supported nor available.

You could try that iphone sidekick proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayced9 View Post
    My unlock iphone does not show any APN under netwrok settings so I can not add the wap or voicestream. What happened and what can I do be able to see the APN and change it properly? I need help fast.
    GrandMstrBud is talking about the carrier bundle thread.

Like he mentioned, you can download the ipcc from the thread or you can install a bundle from Cydia.

Default $5.99 tzone internet and it still works with the new 3.1.3 upgrade
    Yes I can verify, I have the $5.99 tzone internet and it still works with the new 3.1.3 upgrade.... and no its not just for downloading ringtones... THE REAL INTERNET. I just put in epc.tmobile.com like stated in the previous post. Its not as fast as 3G but it is good enough. If you are lucky enough to still have it on your plan do not let the tmobile reps talk you out of it. Its a good deal.

FYI i have a 2G iphone.

Default t zones
    yes, t-zones will still work, you just can'ty sign up for the t-zone plan anymore

@deslover thanks for the clarification. sux, tho'

@rah when did you sign up for your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Data for prepaid isn't supported nor available.

You could try that iphone sidekick proxy.

GrandMstrBud is talking about the carrier bundle thread.

Like he mentioned, you can download the ipcc from the thread or you can install a bundle from Cydia.
    @GMBudwill that Cydia bundle work on an iPhone 2G running 3.1.3 unlocked and jailbroken on redsn0w?
    Last edited by quicknight; 04-04-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ddlaz View Post
    This worked for me:
    How to get T-Zones Added!! Works.

to add tzones since it isn't offered anymore.
    I have free web2go with a tmobile prepaid sim. post #208 on the quoted link explains how i did it
    Last edited by quicknight; 04-14-2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: clarification

Go here: http://www.freeiphonesidekick.co.cc to find out how to do this without paying iphonesidekick.co.cc anything. This guy is overcharging people by locking them into subscription services when they think they are just paying a .99 one time fee. After you sign up and pay him he will continue to bill you .99 every month. Not only that but his .99 plan is on a slow proxy that only gives you web and mail. If you want a fast proxy with unlimited port access you have to pay him 9.99 which is really not worth it if you are trying to save money.

Will this still work for Tmobile right now?

Thanks

If you're talking about T-zones as a new customer, no.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

I had the pay as you go service and switched to the unlimited text month to month 10cent plan for $15 and it comes with tzones for free but the hack isnt working on my iphone. however i was playing with it and on safari I can get to the TZones page and view my tzones stuff then I went to the Gmail mobile version of the site and it works fine. seems to me that there should be some work around for that. apparently mobile web sites work fine. even cydia will let you download some stuff.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to antman1 For This Useful Post:

ayestyles (07-07-2010)

So I got the prepaid t mobile sim. And I went to unlockit.co.nz. And I got the two apn profiles for t mobile on my iPhone and put my new t mobile sim in if and it says that I don't have web service with my t mobile plan. What now?

Exclamation Found.
    This atleast gets web pages ifailhard.com/tmobile

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    If you're talking about T-zones as a new customer, no.
    yep his right

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast