+ Reply
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Zones $5.99 proxy hack made easy=)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
All I did was add "epc.tmobile.com" as my Cellular Date APN. I think I used one of these tutorials: The Happy Coder Blog Archive t-zones (a.k.a. $5.99 Internet access) on
    Green Apple
    Thanks

All I did was add "epc.tmobile.com" as my Cellular Date APN. I think I used one of these tutorials:

The Happy Coder Blog Archive t-zones (a.k.a. $5.99 Internet access) on the iPhone

[ame=http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1493919]HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Where did TZONES hack go? Not in Cydia anymore[/ame]

Thanks

Hey JD914, Good lookin out.

I have a question does your t-zone hack work 2g w/2.0.2

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T-Will View Post
    Guess you have 3G or not on 3.0FW.

If you hvae a 2G and you are on 3.0FW then you can no longer see the APN setting under SETTINGS>GENERAL>NETWORKING. The 3.0FW took that out.

For the rest that can edit the APN all you have to do is put epc.tmobile.com in the APN blank.

If you dont have the APN setting under SETTINGS>GENERAL>NETWORKING and you are NOT on 3.0FW then you can goto cydia and DL the APN editing bundle. Which will show your APN settings if they are not already there.

If you are on 3.0FW then the above will not work from what I have seen and heard.

Now I do know for sure that if you are on a 2G 3.0FW jailbroken/unlocked and T-Zones then this will give you internet and MMS messaging.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...er-bundle.html

If I were you I would read the first page and then go to the last 3 or 4 pages. The bundles are also available on Cydia under Tweaks. The first one you come to works on T-Zones and gives you MMS. Look for "T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpay"

If you are not jailbroken then you can inst a ipcc bundle with iTunes. I think..???? Y'all just need to read. But the above is the info you need.

MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR PHONE BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING....

Quote Originally Posted by antneyaces View Post
    me 2 3.0 2g iphone how do i get internet on my iphone it wont work? i cant get any internet i had blackberry 8900 then got iphone i had all unlimited data and internet plan??? what do i do now i can only send texts and make calls and what not ???????
    Are you jailbroken?
    Last edited by robertguero; 07-28-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I do have a 2G on 3.0 firmware, but I think I had to install a hack that allowed the APN to be edited.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes but that is not working for everyone. Dont know why but some, even me, I could not get the APN settings to show with out an MMS bundle I found.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi i have a 3g iphone 16gb and i'm on version 3.0, umm i just added the web2go plan which is 9.99 when and i also changed it to epc.tmobile.com but it says not compatible with my phone, so then i went into cydia and installed the tmobile bundle and now my apn settings is gone, i still can't use the 9.99 internet it is still saying not compatible please any help?

edit - it slowly starts working nvm thanks all
    Last edited by werkmeister47; 07-29-2009 at 09:53 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

There is another post on this here in the forum. But I dont think the web2go works for internet. Tmo figured out what everyone was doing so they made so future could not do it.

I'll see if I can find that post. As this one says its for T-Zones.

Quote Originally Posted by paqmanbiker View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but wondering if anyone has heard anything more on this? I only just last week got my iPhone 2G, got web2go put on it, and was using internet2.voicestream.com for a bit until a friend told me to put it on epc. It worked for about 5 minutes before I got the message about the device compatability. So I'm back on internet2, and it's working fine. Any other word on this?
    Now the above quote is from April so cant tell you it will for sure work with 3.0, you need to do research.

If you remove the bundle you downloaded from Cydia it will bring back your APN edit.

Are you trying to get MMS?

From what I was told by a Tmo PDA tech is that the epc is both wap and the internet2. BUT I have the blackberry plan and can not use the epc. Figure its a different server and I am not registered with it.????
    Last edited by robertguero; 07-29-2009 at 06:33 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I got the 9.99 plan to work on my 2g iphone
    3.0 jailbroken all that blah blah

I had the Tmolbile us carrier package but I deleted it cause it hid my APN

I used
    internet2.voicestream.com

and it worked! I am in Vancouver, WA btw if that matters I hear different places use different APNs

Thanks

not sure what the deal is but my 2g with 3.0 firmware has the APN setting menu and i did not have to download anything???

i use wap.voicestream.com cause none of the others workk though

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Does anyone know if the 5.99 plan still exist? Because I was told by someone they cut off this service permanently. Anyways, I'm on the 9.99 web2go but saving a few bucks wouldn't hurt.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nope been gone almost a year. Believe me I accidentally changed to the 19.99 total internet last year and wish I didn't. The same day when I called to switch back they told me it was gone.

After being on hold with a couple techs and a manager for almost an hour tryin to get it back they said no after the computer wouldn't let them.

Wish I just left it alone. 5.99 is the best internet plan in town hands down.

Cherish it if you still have it bc those extra 14.00 a month add up @ the end of the year

Thanks

Here's something interesting my corporate discount site under the cell phone part the third party group handling the tmoible discounts which i'm sure is nextjump most likely says that web plans start at $5.99 this is as of today I was adding a phone line for my dad's account and decided to see what the offers are since many of the corporate rate plans are the same on these sites I'm having lunch with him tomorrow and we're going to log into his site which requires him actually getting a log on and learning what the site is but that's a whole other thing
    so if any of you have these sites I'd recommend checking that out.
    I'm flying out of town at 6:00 a.m. Wednesday morning so I may not have time to call which I think is the way to do it.
    But figured what the heck worth a look right let me know
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Thanks

These settings are not working as of I am writing this in NY. TMoile tracked the imeis and figured out that we are using iphones and they blocked these imeis. So we are screwed by the greedy company. TMobile= you are loosing more and more customers. If someone has to pay you 30 for the internet then why not go to att. I wish I would have stayed with att. after being customer for 6 years with them I was getting good discount. I switched to tmobile bcoz they has cheaper plans but not anymore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default epc.tmobile.com
    I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet. Like the prepaid sk plan where web was cut off but email still works, email continues to work on epc.tmobile.com. On a lark I changed the apn from internet2.voicestream.com to see what happened.

I just switched last week to the flexpay myfaves family plan w/9.99 web2go+4.99 text because I had a feeling t-mobile would do this. I gave up my number and got a new one because I did not want to be locked into a contract and now it turns out that wisdom was correct.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default does this work for 3.0 fw yet?
    Is there a hack for 3.0 FW? I had this w/ 1.1.4 but upgraded to 3.0
    Can someone please provide a link if so. I can't find the app on cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    go to settings then messages go to network in the apn put epc.tmobile.com user name and password leave that blank and if you want to send pictures messages this is what you put in SETTINGS FOR TMOBILE MMS

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username and password: leave blank
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

you have to reboot your iphone then go to settings messages and turn on mms messaging

you could send pictures right away but it might take 1 hour to recieve pictures but when i did it it took about 15 minutes

17. The Following User Says Thank You to travieso For This Useful Post:

wellknown1 (09-30-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    These settings are not working as of I am writing this in NY. TMoile tracked the imeis and figured out that we are using iphones and they blocked these imeis. So we are screwed by the greedy company. TMobile= you are loosing more and more customers. If someone has to pay you 30 for the internet then why not go to att. I wish I would have stayed with att. after being customer for 6 years with them I was getting good discount. I switched to tmobile bcoz they has cheaper plans but not anymore.
    When I read this I wanna say, "Really?" First off you're upset that a T-Zones package isn't giving your iphone full internet access. T-Zones was never meant to provide full internet to any device, thats why it's called a "proxy hack," as in, something that isn't supposed to work. But it did/does because the iPhone doesn't have a wap deck and epc.tmobile.com doesn't go through a proxy. You should be happy that it worked for you while it did, and if you -really- liked AT&T you shouldn't have price shopped it after 6 years. I'm sorry but the consumer is not always right (my personal stance not T-mobiles); and an unlimited data package is still cheaper at t-mobile that at AT&T.
    Yes I work at T-Mobiles Tier 3 Data Support Department and no you can't have my Rep ID.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tier3Rep View Post
    When I read this I wanna say, "Really?" First off you're upset that a T-Zones package isn't giving your iphone full internet access. T-Zones was never meant to provide full internet to any device, thats why it's called a "proxy hack," as in, something that isn't supposed to work. But it did/does because the iPhone doesn't have a wap deck and epc.tmobile.com doesn't go through a proxy. You should be happy that it worked for you while it did, and if you -really- liked AT&T you shouldn't have price shopped it after 6 years. I'm sorry but the consumer is not always right (my personal stance not T-mobiles); and an unlimited data package is still cheaper at t-mobile that at AT&T.
    Good! stay loyal to TMobile. Maybe you will get a Noble price for being 3rd tier support at TMobile.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    Good! stay loyal to TMobile. Maybe you will get a Noble price for being 3rd tier support at TMobile.
    Obviously you've misunderstood me. I don't care about the hack, i've seen it several times and not changed it. But to blame a company for fixing something that should have never worked in the first place is ridiculous.
    Yes I work at T-Mobiles Tier 3 Data Support Department and no you can't have my Rep ID.

Thanks

somebody please bring the noble prize. lolz
    just kidding buddy!