+ Reply
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Zones $5.99 proxy hack made easy=)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hmmm.. Ok, yeah when I called that's exacly what they said to me. That it was free of charge. The thing is that I did not wait the full 48
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmmm.. Ok, yeah when I called that's exacly what they said to me. That it was free of charge. The thing is that I did not wait the full 48 hours and maybe that's why it did not work for me. I went on and added the web2go plan myself on mytmobile.com because when u call customer care that's pretty much what they do. They go to the website, look up ur account and just add services that u can add yourself if u go to the site. Anyways the web2go is working great but it's not unlimitted Internet so hope the tzones work and let me know the results.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea I'll see what happends, because I would go over the bandwidth cap every month. Hopefully it is working by tomorrow evening.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I called T-mobile, they changed that rate on the t-zone plan. it used to be $5.99. BUT now it cost $9.99.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The data plan still doesn't work. The one the rep said was "free of charge" I'll try to add the tzones some other day when I call.

They didn't change the price of tzones to 9.99, it's a different plan that limits monthly bandwidth.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    You just have to use epc.tmobile.com and you don't have to use the TZones hack anymore. Everything works including Youtube on Edge.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"epc.tmobile.com" does not work on my case. I had to enter "wap.voicestream.com" and it works. Anybody has the same thing?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had the same problem before. I reset my network settings and put in the epc.tmobile.com and now this works and I can watch youtube via edge.

Quote Originally Posted by skillz1333 View Post
    ok , tzones is a great deal, good insructions here but none of it is needed. have tzones ? if you do and its kinda slow and things like youtube dont work . well to end all that DONT edit your proxy setting or evendownload the tmobile fix. all u have to do is enter general,,network,cellular data neywork and change the apn to epc.tmobile.com ,no user name , no password , enjoy your tzones freeley !!!
    YouTube works on my TZones. When I had the 19.99 100MB plan youtube did not work. I changed it to TZones today and changed the APM to epc.tmobile.com and now youtube works.
    Last edited by robeeen; 02-05-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VPTUNING View Post
    YUP!! Im in california so it workes fine here since i got it working the other day!!! oh my iphone is 3g not sure if it makes a diffrence also i can email you the link to were i found the settings. I'd post here but dont wanna get in trouble with the forum im new here !!!
    Can you PM me the link as well? Also, is there a step by step on how to do this on a 2G 2.2.1? I'd like to get internet on my iphone as well.

Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's very simple call customer care and tell them that u want the web2go plan. They have two different packages, one with 50 mb limit and others stuff like 200 msgs and a 100 mb and also other stuff included which can't remember. Point is pick either 50 or 100mb( I strongly recomend the 50 cuz it's only $9.99). After they install it, they say it may take up to 48 hours but for me it worked right away, anyways after u call set ur apn to either internet2.voicestream.com or wap.voicestream.com( if u don't know how to do this let me know). After u set the apn, u should be good to go. U might have to reboot ur iPhone 4 it to work. The best part about this is that it's pretty much unlimitted Internet!! The plan says it has a 50 or 100mb limit but I checked how much mbs I used and it shows that I haven't used any!! N I use the Internet everyday!! Crazy!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default damn, he's right!
    @w0by yo- after all the months of messing about and then having given up for the last six... I just switched over to a 3G and tried your recommendation. I SWEAR I tried this, but hey... hadn't worked till now. SO THANKYOU ... I'm completely live streaming to quick and twitter and maps are back and....

so amazed by the iPhone again. just to think I'd loved it while I was off the data networks besides email. This just made my upgrade so sweet. By by beat ol' 2G....

Definitely recommend this suggestion: "You just have to use epc.tmobile.com and you don't have to use the TZones hack anymore. Everything works..."
    Last edited by Spliffaliciou; 02-15-2009 at 08:38 AM. Reason: added quote...

Green Apple
    Thanks

can yall tell me how to do it with 1st gen iphone 2.2 version?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manny d[-_-]b View Post
    It's very simple call customer care and tell them that u want the web2go plan. They have two different packages, one with 50 mb limit and others stuff like 200 msgs and a 100 mb and also other stuff included which can't remember. Point is pick either 50 or 100mb( I strongly recomend the 50 cuz it's only $9.99). After they install it, they say it may take up to 48 hours but for me it worked right away, anyways after u call set ur apn to either internet2.voicestream.com or wap.voicestream.com( if u don't know how to do this let me know). After u set the apn, u should be good to go. U might have to reboot ur iPhone 4 it to work. The best part about this is that it's pretty much unlimitted Internet!! The plan says it has a 50 or 100mb limit but I checked how much mbs I used and it shows that I haven't used any!! N I use the Internet everyday!! Crazy!
    How's the speed? I gave up trying to get tzones, most everywhere I go has wifi anyway. But if you are getting unlimited for 9.99, that sounds good. How do you check how much you use? Let me know if it works out okay on your bill. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    groovy!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i got the 100MB webtogo one (because of unlimated messaging) and it works with EVERY app, maps, internet, mail, youtube, etc. I've not found one app it doesn't work for! saving me $10+ a month, this is nice!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
    i got the 100MB webtogo one (because of unlimated messaging) and it works with EVERY app, maps, internet, mail, youtube, etc. I've not found one app it doesn't work for! saving me $10+ a month, this is nice!
    did you download anything from cydia or change your setting to make it work?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help me out plzz
    i got a iphone 3g with the latest update 2.2.1 n its jail broken, i want to put my tmobile sim card from my sidekick the only problem is that the internet doesnt work n the mms using swirlymms. i changed my sidekick plan to a unlimited web n messages for 34.99, would it work with that plan on my iphone, n what settings do i need to change to make it work???
    i could receive/send texts n make/receive calls only.
    oh yea iam using a ismartphone sim unlock card.
    have they been able to unlock 2.2.1 version yet without using a sim unlock card??
    Last edited by wesk1; 02-22-2009 at 02:43 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by binchen222 View Post
    did you download anything from cydia or change your setting to make it work?
    no, i'm running a 3G 2.2.1. I just called up and changed it to the 100mb web2go, and i was already using internet2.voicestream.com because it's more reliable. That would of been the only thing i would of had to change.

Quote Originally Posted by wesk1 View Post
    i got a iphone 3g with the latest update 2.2.1 n its jail broken, i want to put my tmobile sim card from my sidekick the only problem is that the internet doesnt work n the mms using swirlymms. i changed my sidekick plan to a unlimited web n messages for 34.99, would it work with that plan on my iphone, n what settings do i need to change to make it work???
    i could receive/send texts n make/receive calls only.
    oh yea iam using a ismartphone sim unlock card.
    have they been able to unlock 2.2.1 version yet without using a sim unlock card??
    duuude yellowsn0w.com FTW no sim unlock cards, just good old software unlock for 3g 2.2.1 Everything works.

Far as MMS it has an auto configuration utility, however these are the settings i'm using.
    http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    216.155.165.50:8080
    wap.voicestream.com
    no username
    no pwd

then get the web2go for $20, the 100mb limit. Unl sms/mms and all of internet works if your APN is: internet2.voicestream.com.
    Last edited by Empyrials; 02-23-2009 at 08:29 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yellowsnow will work with 2.2.1 but not with baseband 2.30.03. Most that have 2.2.1 also have the updateed baseband and if so you're going to have to use a sim unlock piggyback (I'm using a "Rebel" piggyback that works PERFECTLY).

I'm running on T-zones $5.99 with apn: epc.tmobile.com and I havn't had any issues. Everything works fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when i change to tzones do i need to keep my unlimited SMS for the 15 I pay or will it get those as well? thanks in advance.

i just got off the phone with tmobile and apparently with the blackberry plan i had they don't offer the tzones package it is no longer 5.99 they have a web package for 100mbs for 9.99 now i believe but for my sms messages to be unlimited it is still another 14.99 go figure. still better than the 34.99 i am paying now with the blackberry plan. any insight on this from anyone here? thanks also they needed my imei number from the phone i was using... be it an iphone or not. weird i didn't even know how to get it off the iphone lol
    Last edited by mycoolm; 03-01-2009 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Data plan Help
    I receive my 3g Iphone on Tuesday. What plan do you recommend I add for data?

I currently have a $34 G1 plan but I am hearing that can be a lot lower and still work.

I text message like crazy and go online quite a bit so someone help me out!!

THANKS