Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Zones $5.99 proxy hack made easy=)

I have had my iphone 2g for quite a while now. When I first got it and unlocked for tmobile on firmware 1.1.4, i added tzones to my account (it was much easier back then) and the internet worked perfectly using wap.voicestream.com. However when I finally updated to version 2.0 and now 2.2, the internet no longer works. I've tried all the apn settings: wap.voicestream.com, internet2.voicestream.com, internet3.voicestream.com, and epc.tmobile.com. All other apn settings give me an error when trying to surf the web, but when I use epc.tmobile.com it takes me to the page that says you must subscribe to a web2go(sm) plan. I still have the 5.99 tzones added to my account, and the internet hasn't worked for months now.

anyone have a solution for me? I would greatly appreciate it!

hey bryce that's exactly where I am, well was cuz I gave up and just got the $19.99 package. Maybe u can figure it out. Check Utube about the tzones hack on 2.2. U might have better luck than I did. If u get anything accomplished please inform me.

I tried what this guy did in this video:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W6qeyTzMYk]YouTube - Iphone Original T-zones hack 2.2 firmware[/ame]

I did exactly what he did, but when I go to safari it says "Unable to activate cellular data plan" or something like that, then I restarted my iPhone and then tried safari again and then it took me to the Upsell page which says I need to sign up for a web2go account.

I have even tried going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings, so I reset the network settings and then tried the steps again, and it still didn't work. So I don't know what to do now.

Thats exactly what happend when I tried. Man...I wonder whats going on cuz It works for the people in the videos? Thats y I tried posting it up here to see if anyone would help. But ive been wating days...hope someone helps.

I happend to have a wicked old flip phone that has the Tzones program on there, and when opened tzones on and went to "My Account", it listed my calling plan and my unlimited text service, but it doesn't list the $5.99 tzones plan, however my monthly billing statement has it on there, I think I'll give T-Mobile a call.

Actually the page it takes me too is the same page my iPhone takes me, the web2go page. So I don't have any Tzones access on the flip phone either. I'm gonna call them.
    Last edited by bryce007; 01-19-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Did u hear anything yet from T-Mobile?

Default No Internet for Tzone
    As far as I know, nobody is able to use Web 2 Go package for $9.99 (used to be Tzone for $5.99)for Iphone 3g 2.2 internet anymore. Tmobile already knows these hack that using their cheap service for full internet access. Myself just have the same problem of enrolled into Web2Go plan for $9.99 and not able to use the Internet for my Iphone v2.2. Hopefully anyone can get this works soon or else I have to cancel the plan.

Thanks
    I have the same issue. i have also tried all the setting and no luck getting my iphone 3g to get full net. I am on the phone rite now with tmobile adding the 9.99 web plan to see if that works. My iphone is 3G running 2.2 and yellowsnow. Also im a newbie at this iphone running on tmobile stuff any tips on what programs i must have to get this iphone to run perfect on tmobile ????THANKS

UPDATE:

Well after to trying to get the tzone 5.99 plan and i was repeatly told no i gave up and added the web2go 9.99 plan to my iphone.I tried the instructions from the youtube video and it did not work. i kept getting an error message saying i must upgrade web2go to 19.99. So I searched and found this on another site With "Internet3.voicestream.com" it told me that I wasn't subscribed to a data plan.
    But "Internet2.voicestream.com" seems to be working like a charm

I typed in internet2.voicestream.com and it worked fine on my iphone. Oh also i removed the tzone hack before i did this
    Now all my apps work,youtube,maps,stock,weather,news and safari.

hopefully this will help some of you out there cause i was going APE SH*t trying to get the safari to work on my phone!!!
    Last edited by VPTUNING; 01-21-2009 at 03:44 PM.

Ok so ur saying that if I get the web to go plan and add the apn internet2.voicestream.com without the TZones hack, it should work??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Correct!

great! I will try it today!! By the way u in America? I want to make sure it works were I live

Also, did you say u had the iphone or a tmobile flip phone?
    Last edited by Manny d[-_-]b; 01-23-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks
    YUP!! Im in california so it workes fine here since i got it working the other day!!! oh my iphone is 3g not sure if it makes a diffrence also i can email you the link to were i found the settings. I'd post here but dont wanna get in trouble with the forum im new here !!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VPTUNING For This Useful Post:

Manny d[-_-]b (01-24-2009)

Thnx 4 the link, really appreciate it. I will try that w/tmobile after work to see if it works for me.

Wohoo! Thanks man, worked like u said!
    Last edited by Manny d[-_-]b; 01-24-2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    COOL! glad it helped. I myself was going crazy trying to get it to work at first.

Yeah,same here! One last question, am I restricted to a certain amount of Internet megabytes?

For what I understand, you are limited to either 50MB of data or 100MB of data per month, depending on the web2go plan you choose. It seems to me that you will not get very far on an iPhone with 100MB of data. Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by drice; 01-25-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: typo

Ok. What happens if I go over the 50 or 100mb? Do I get charged for over usage?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will this work for UK t-mobile also?

Default why go through so much trouble ?
    ok , tzones is a great deal, good insructions here but none of it is needed. have tzones ? if you do and its kinda slow and things like youtube dont work . well to end all that DONT edit your proxy setting or evendownload the tmobile fix. all u have to do is enter general,,network,cellular data neywork and change the apn to epc.tmobile.com ,no user name , no password , enjoy your tzones freeley !!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to skillz1333 For This Useful Post:

llescaflownell (02-05-2009)

Sorry manny, I was away for a while. I was busy for the last couple weeks and didn't have time to investigate, so here's what happend.

I looked on my latest t-mobile bill and noticed that tzones wasn't on there, however I looked at my bill from 2 months ago and it was there. I don't know what happened between then and now, so I called the t-mobile customer support.

(took my sim card out of the iphone and put it in an old flip phone that has the zones icon in the menu)
    The Customer service rep asked me which phone I had, and I said I was using this old flip phone because I can't have camera phones at work. I explained that I just need to check sports scores, because they are now making me work sundays, and that's when all the good games are. He said he was also a huge sports fan, so he understood. I told him I used to have the $5.99 tzones plan on my account, but now on the recent bill it wasn't. He put me on hold, and when he came back he said he successfully added the tzones plan to my account, but that there was no charge to add it. I asked him to repeat that, and sure enough he said there won't be any additional charge to my monthly bill, but the tzones plan is activated.

Oh BTW I made that call today, and he said it could be up to 48 hours until it is working. So I dunno if I just got lucky, or if it is not going to be the full plan. We'll see in a couple days, and I'll make another post with the results.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast