Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T Zones $5.99 proxy hack made easy=)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hey guyes i think i have tried every thing but i cant get this to work i i have the 1.1.1.4 i downloaded the tweak (the 1.1.1.4) restarted the phone and i get a errors that says "safari could not open page because it can't find the server"

help pls!

Well it seems that since 9/1/08 T-mobile change some of the settings, not you'll need to move to 2.0.x s/w or modify the application through ibrickr

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
    Well it seems that since 9/1/08 T-mobile change some of the settings, not you'll need to move to 2.0.x s/w or modify the application through ibrickr
    Could you please explain in more detail please?

Thanks

right now I have the $19.99 plan. Once I follow these steps how long do I wait before I change to the $4.99 plan.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i have a problem i had 1.1.4 and had the tzone hack then it stoped working yesterday. I would only be able to use my mail. So i downgraded to 1.1.3 to get it working 100% and still no luck any suggestions?

Tmobile would be able to know which phone you're using. Did you guys have to tell them that You're using an iphone and still want to use the Tzone although they know that only Tmobile phone would have the ability to use the Tzone? How fast is the internet compare to the regular WIFI on the 2G phone?

Ok just an update. Called TMobile and told them I want to add it to the phone and they did it without questioning. It costs 5.99 for it though

Update:
    Two hours later, works like a charm.
    Last edited by theunknown; 09-13-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ok guys i have 1.1.4 and i downgraded to the 5.99 plan i used to have tzones
    i have already downloaded the hack.
    nut no luck does any one have step by step on how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by dadon4sho View Post
    ok guys i have 1.1.4 and i downgraded to the 5.99 plan i used to have tzones
    i have already downloaded the hack.
    nut no luck does any one have step by step on how to do this?

Ok For firmware 1.1.4

Open Installer, Click Install, Look for Tweak 1.1.4
    Search for Tmobile Zone 5.99 Hack
    Install that

Once done, go to your Settings->General-Network->Edge
    For APN field, type epc.tmobile.com

Leave the username/pw as blank

Click on the phone button and restart your Iphone.
    Once you're back on. Disable your WIFI, You will see a letter E near your provider name. I have Tmobile, so it says Tmobiel then I see an E next to it.

Open Safari and start surfing
    Last edited by theunknown; 09-20-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Hey i follow does steps on ^^top wow amazing man got it working right away .. thanks buddy ur the best
    Last edited by moreno67; 09-18-2008 at 07:40 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theunknown View Post
    Tmobile would be able to know which phone you're using. Did you guys have to tell them that You're using an iphone and still want to use the Tzone although they know that only Tmobile phone would have the ability to use the Tzone? How fast is the internet compare to the regular WIFI on the 2G phone?

I have been on TMO for a few years now and have had the iphone since day one. I called TMO one day and they told me what phone I was using. How? I have no idea.

Ok For firmware 1.1.4

Install that

For VPN field, type epc.tmobile.com

Once you're back on. Disable your WIFI, You will see a letter E near your provider name. I have Tmobile, so it says Tmobiel then I see an E next to it.

^^^^^^^ this works....good looking out....

Default Need to reboot iPhone over & over again
    Been using tzone since last year…. I pwned my phone to 2.1 yesterday with a hope that it will fix an issue plaguing my data since 2.0.1, details for which as:

- The internet/safari/mail stop access data all of sudden. A reboot fixes it.
    - The error which I get in mail & safari is “Could not activate cellular data network”

- I was in Vegas last week (was on 2.0.1)… mail was working finr, but my safari just wouldn’t go online. Does anybody know reason for this as well?
    - Have seen this question many places, never found an answer: is tzone hack slower than total internet plan ($20 plan)… so far I’ve assumed it is the same speed on both ‘cos tzone is just a port blocking & the hack we apply opens ports for normal mobile browsing, am I correct?

Another question (sort of unrelated); every time I reboot the phone or respring the springboard or acquire signal after loosing it in a building/basement, my voicemail notification comes on. This has been there since upgrading to 1.1.1 (I think) . Does anybody experience the same and is there a fix for this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    when i go to the edge seting i have apn not avn???

Ok For firmware 1.1.4

Install that

For VPN field, type epc.tmobile.com

it doesnt matter just write epc.tmobile.com it will work

Default Need Some Help Please!!!
    I just bought a 1st Gen iPhone yesterday, it was already unlocked to work on tmobile and had the 1.1.4 firmware on it. I upgraded the firmware to the 2.0.2 today ... now the internet works fine off of a wifi connection, but i when i try to connect to the internet w/o wifi, it says im not subscribed or some crap like that. now, i already had the internet package on my plan from before i had the iPhone ... what do i need to do???

Sorry.. typo.. APN is what it is

would this work with the new firmware 2.1?

Quote Originally Posted by trilogy069 View Post
    I have been on TMO for a few years now and have had the iphone since day one. I called TMO one day and they told me what phone I was using. How? I have no idea.
    Me too.. I was surprised when they told me I have an iphone LoL. I guess it doesnt matter
    Last edited by theunknown; 09-20-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok im on 2.1 U/J/A and had the t-zones plan for about a 2 weeks now. Im also using the epc.tmobile.com APN WITHOUT the proxy hack. Ive been getting the GPRS signal lately with "E" occasionally now. Called tmobile and they told me that the it only works for a bit and then the connection is gone. Is anyone tzones working without the proxy hack? Does the hack keep your Edge connection going?

I'll give this ago, but I'm rather new at the iPhone.

Upgraded from the iPod Touch 32GB which I had all modded so I feel new at this again.
    Last edited by Tokyo; 10-21-2008 at 12:45 AM.
    Get streetwear for cheap here.

I've read conflicting information on the $5.99 Tzones plan here and on other forums. Can anyone confirm with certainty that the $5.99 Tzones works on TMobile prepay (not Flexpay)? I have an Iphone 3G that I'd like for data only. The elimination of the $19.99 data option on GoPhone Pay As You Go has me looking at other options.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast