Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sidekick data plan on iphone

Default Sidekick data plan on iphone
    Hello evey one,
    Im new to this but I have a huge question. I know that if you unlock your iphone then you can use a prepaid t-mobile sim card in the iphone. But it gets expencive if you dont have the sidekick unlimited data pland on your prepaid sim card. My question is, can you use a prepaid T-mobile sim card with the prepaid sidekick sevice in your iphone and use this unlimited sidekick sevice for internet, email, im, and text messaging, as well as making calls??

Thanks for all your help every one!

Thanks

No. As far as I understand it Sidekick plans don't work because they run through Danger's servers. Another option for data is the $5.99 plan with the hack.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

as it's been discussed numerous times, sidekick plan does not work on the iphone (well, the phone and text portion works but you can't connect to the internet)

if you want to connect to the internet, you must sign up for a plan (not prepaid) and choose one of the following as an add-on to access the internet: tzones (with the tzones hack), total internet, blackberry internet service

Default What?
    What $6 plan with the hack?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^^Tzones.

Not true.

Just bought a T-Mobile Sidekick prepaid which was on sale!
    Activated the sim, stuck it in unlocked iPhone 2G... downloaded the T-Zones hack off Cydia, installed it, and voila - a quick turning off of wifi revealed that i had data access!

So yes - with the $1/day unlimited text, data, etc. Sidekick prepaid plan, and an unlocked 2G iPhone, with the T-Zones hack from Cydia - data on iPhone works.
    iPhone 3G 16GB - Black.

Screw the crAppStore I want Installer!

Quote Originally Posted by sweeneytodd View Post
    Not true.

Just bought a T-Mobile Sidekick prepaid which was on sale!
    Activated the sim, stuck it in unlocked iPhone 2G... downloaded the T-Zones hack off Cydia, installed it, and voila - a quick turning off of wifi revealed that i had data access!

So yes - with the $1/day unlimited text, data, etc. Sidekick prepaid plan, and an unlocked 2G iPhone, with the T-Zones hack from Cydia - data on iPhone works.
    Can anyone else confirm this? and or also how about the sidekcik $55
    plan which is unlimited web and text?

Default Sidekick prepaid
    I just tried it with the tzones hack... Every time I try to access a page it redirects me to the tzones site

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

Its been discussed before , it wont work

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoob12 View Post
    Can anyone else confirm this? and or also how about the sidekcik $55
    plan which is unlimited web and text?

NO Sidekick plan will work with the iPhone. The internet connection with the Sidekick plan comes from a Danger APN, not T-Mobile. The iPhone has no connection to Danger's servers. There is no way to work around this.

With the Sidekick plan on the iPhone all you will be able to take advantage of is unlimited texting.

dfsgsdf

sorry about that frst one as of jan 3rd 2009 I have an unlocked 2g iphone and purchased a prepaid sim card off ebay for around 8.00 u.s dollars i followed the directions on card to activate thru the 800 number the automated sytem gave me 3 choices the 3rd being sidekick data plan with my prepaid phone card, i chose it, it took about 2 hrs for the phone to become activated with a new number and i'm getting on the edge network, email, web access, etc... i didn't do any hack or anything special. other than being and unlocked jailbroken phone I used no t-mobile hacks to get the net portion to work.
    Last edited by natas2001; 01-05-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

whats the deal? for 2 days my prepaid tmobile sim card with sidekick data just now stopped working (it was getting internet access) in my unlocked iphone 2g now it gives the message "not subscribed to a celluar data service" if it worked flawlessly for those 2 days why would you suppose it stopped working? did it take a couple of days for the IMEI number to find it's way to making it stop working?

just curious as to why it would work all of email/internet/weather updates etc... I know there are people on here that immidiatley say it won't work AT ALL, i know it did work for the 48 hrs or so and yes i had the wifi off. I'm just curious as to why it would work and then stop working, that's all. thanks
    Last edited by natas2001; 01-05-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Default Try T-mobile hack?
    Just wondering if you tried the t-mobile hack on Cydia? I'd like to do what you did!

the side kick data plan does work,some one by the name of oilver suggested the apn settings for the iphone for the sidekick data when i input the settings it worked right away..

now i can keep my grand feather 20 dollar side kick data plan

unlimited net and text

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rud3bwoy For This Useful Post:

Blaggah (01-15-2009)

I'm still confused...

I currently have an unlocked 2G iPhone on a prepaid Tmobile plan [pay as you go]. I don't make that many calls, but I like to send a lot of texts.

What I want to know is can I switch from a pay as you go plan to a sidekick prepaid plan just so I can get unlimited text and have it work on the iPhone?

I DON'T CARE much for the DATA portion. All I want is the unlimited texting.

Once again I only want the Sidekick prepaid plan on my iPhone for unlimited texting NOT email/internet browsing [data]

Thanks

Also if I were to switch plans, would I be able to keep my current minutes? [I have $70 and I don't want that to go to waste].

bump anybody?
    Last edited by windalgo; 01-11-2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

not to sure on the prepaid part but all i know is my sidekick unlimited works,some one posted the apn for the sidekick users and it works great

im on flex pay with a min plan/sidekick data unlimited

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default I've been using prepaid Sidekick plans of late.
    Quote Originally Posted by windalgo View Post
    I'm still confused...

I currently have an unlocked 2G iPhone on a prepaid Tmobile plan [pay as you go]. I don't make that many calls, but I like to send a lot of texts.

What I want to know is can I switch from a pay as you go plan to a sidekick prepaid plan just so I can get unlimited text and have it work on the iPhone?

I DON'T CARE much for the DATA portion. All I want is the unlimited texting.

Once again I only want the Sidekick prepaid plan on my iPhone for unlimited texting NOT email/internet browsing [data]

Thanks

Also if I were to switch plans, would I be able to keep my current minutes? [I have $70 and I don't want that to go to waste].

bump anybody?
    I've been using a sidekick prepaid plan w/ a 2G (using the hiptop APN) for a couple days, and a few people on here and HowardForums have mentioned using it for a couple weeks now. Data & texting seems to work as expected.

I've heard of people having issues with their Sidekick and buying a cheap prepaid phone just to use the texting features (the $1/day gets charged even if you don't use the device that day) until they buy a new SK.

If you want to try this route, I'd say ask if a store or customer Service rep will help you transfer between the normal prepaid and sidekick plan without losing your balance.

Hope this helps.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

I'm in the same boat as rud3bwoy, I have the 20 dollar sidekick plan but can't seem to use the net on my unlocked iPhone 3G. Any ideas?

hiptop.t-mobile.com
    user: guest
    password: guest

that is what i used and my internet worked right away

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rud3bwoy For This Useful Post:

Blaggah (01-15-2009), RDL (01-25-2009)

Thank you so much man, finally got it to work.. But yo, hit me up with ya IMs if you have any with a PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast