Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ssh?

Default Ssh?
    Ok i have a lot of these threads that say,

"for you to change this just SSH and do this and this and this"

i think that's great, but does someone have instructions of how to actually SSH? not just install SSH on your phone, but to actually SSH into your phone?

Default SSH Summerboard themes
    1. jailbreakme.com (go here and install it from your iphone). a new icon will be on your iphone called installer. this app lets you install all kinds of other apps.

2. install SummerBoard from installer. (then you can install themes directly from your phone without having to go through any of the trouble listed below). go back into installer and you'll see a category for Themes (SummerBoard). Install away!

3. Now if you still want to move them from your computer to your iphone, see below.

4. install BSD subsystem (from list of apps available from Installer)

5. install OpenSSH. once installed and having access to your wifi get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address.

6. SSH into your phone. ssh -l root 10.x.x.x (use your ip address). if using a mac just use the Terminal app to ssh. if windows,Use winscp or something.

7. Use password "dottie" or "alpine" when asked after ssh'ing into your phone.

8. get a SFTP program to transfer files to your iphone from your computer. server will be your IP address of your iphone, user = root, password = dottie or alpine.

9. Summerboard themes are in Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

damn thanks man i appreciate the quick response...