Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile edge

Default T-Mobile edge
    i have unlock my 1.0.2 and im using t-mobile internet plan 19.95. do i have to use proxy ? or just go to edge option and set wap.voicestream.com?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

I believe with that one you want to use internet2.voicestream.com or internet3.voicestream.com.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Default ??? What's the difference???
    Can anyone explain if there are any difference between the TZone plan and the Internet plan for TMobile?

If I can do use Safari, YouTube and Mail over EDGE using the $5.99 plan why would I purchase the $19.99?

hey pf i follow this step http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6365 but why it still not working it said internet error u dont have access to the site

also when i try internet2.voicestream.com and 3 it said cont not activate edge. you are no subscribed to edge
    Last edited by tonyph33r; 11-17-2007 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You need the 19.99 package, with t-zones you can't go to all those places. Believe me, that was my dilema, and t-mobile hooked me up, I have the edge with the total internet package and you can go to youtube, etc.....

And to the other question, t-mobile will tell you to use the internet2.voicestream.com
    Oh! by the way, as long as you are still with t-mobile, they now have techs to support the iphone and any questions you may have....they don't care what phone you are using, as long as you are with them! I mean using their service! Well, they helped me with my iphone and gave me all sorts of info, really cool!!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    You need the 19.99 package, with t-zones you can't go to all those places. Believe me, that was my dilema, and t-mobile hooked me up, I have the edge with the total internet package and you can go to youtube, etc.....
    I know someone... using the $5.99 plan and when browsing to YouTube from Safari, they get the message that FLASH is required... But the YouTube application on the iPhone does work... Stocks, Maps, Weather, Mail and Safari all work... So again my question is what's the difference in how the phone works with the plans... $5.99 or $19.99... They are even using the RSS Feed appl and are capable of getting updates via EDGE... from http://i.dslr.net/tinyspeedtest.html I'm getting 2990kbps over broadband and of 191kbps... To-date the only thing they are not able to do involves the web and some aspect of multimedia

So again I ask what's the difference in the plans and how they work with the iphone / why pay more when you can pay less...
    Device history:
    OTB 1.0.2 / anySIM 1.0.2 unlocked
    Upgraded to 1.1.1 / anySIM 1.1.1 unlocked
    OneSIM (unlocked)
    Upgraded to 1.1.2
    Downgraded to 1.1.1
    Downgraded to 1.0.2 / Activated using wiNstaller
    Upgraded to 1.1.1 / anySIM 1.2u unlocked / Jailbroken using http://jailbreakme.com
    Install OktoPrep using Installer
    Upgraded to 1.1.2 / Jailbroken using 1.1.2 Jailbreak ZIP / Activated using hacked lockdownd

* Baseband Flash +4 times (revirginized)

Okay, probably this is a dump question.
    I have a unlocked iphone FW 1.1.1.
    I have a tmobile prepaid card. I already downloaded this programm to hack t-zones.
    Okay how do I add this t-zones 5.99 plan oder this total internet plan for 19.99 to my card?
    Can please someone just tell me what i have to do? Again, FW 1.1.1 normal prepaid sim card ( bought it yesterday) how do i get edge (gprs) to working.
    Sorry for my bad english. I just live here for 4 months.
    Thank you guys...

Need help..... have tmobile 19.99 data plan with my iphone and the only thing that works is my email.. with the settings internet2.voicestream.com... tried the other connection settings and failed... weather, google maps, along with safari dont work.. all i can do is read my email... any ideas on how come i cant browse internet or at least see what the weather looks like... i read all the threads from the proxy.pac settings to the edge settings in installer... please help

I dont have many suggestions... The article that was used to configure the proxy.pac and modified preference.plist files where obtained from the Hackint0sh site... This addition to the .plist file tells your device that there is a proxy configuration file for this interface...

<key>Proxies</key>
    <dict>
    <key>ProxyAutoConfigEnable</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
    <key>ProxyAutoConfigURLString</key>
    <string>file:///private/var/root/proxy.pac</string>
    </dict>

The proxy.pac file says if my network starts with this OCTEC then use this proxy address and server...
    function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
    {
    if (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0"))
    return "PROXY 216.155.165.50:8080";
    else
    return "DIRECT";
    }

In short, I read somewhere how to determine your IP address when using EDGE... I suggest you GOOGLE for it... Also most people have issues either did not have the TZONE service or modified the preference.plist file in the wrong section...

Note: Modify the .plist then go into the SETTINGS and make sure your APN is set to wap.voicestream.com
    Device history:
    OTB 1.0.2 / anySIM 1.0.2 unlocked
    Upgraded to 1.1.1 / anySIM 1.1.1 unlocked
    OneSIM (unlocked)
    Upgraded to 1.1.2
    Downgraded to 1.1.1
    Downgraded to 1.0.2 / Activated using wiNstaller
    Upgraded to 1.1.1 / anySIM 1.2u unlocked / Jailbroken using http://jailbreakme.com
    Install OktoPrep using Installer
    Upgraded to 1.1.2 / Jailbroken using 1.1.2 Jailbreak ZIP / Activated using hacked lockdownd

* Baseband Flash +4 times (revirginized)

Default T-mobile EDGE on Flexpay
    Fyi, I got my Iphone to work with T-mobile Flexpay Total Internet ($19.99/mo) by setting up APN under Edge settings to: internet3.voicestream.com

I was told this by T-mobile tech support- data services for other carrier's phones.

internet2.voicestream.com works with my other Iphone on regular T-mobile contract plan with Total Internet.

Thanks,
    Alexander