Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: newbie here, quick question

Default newbie here, quick question
    hi i know all the stickies are there for the EDGE settings and I'm assuming they work w/ the $5.99 plan right? Full internet access and such? Just wondering if we NEED a plan or just pick up wireless? Just wondering and does it matter which iTunes we use? sorry just bought an iphone on ebay so im wondering if it wont get locked if i use iTunes 7.5. Thanks

i havent downloaded 7.5 yet, mostly because im busy and i have dialup at home but i would suggest grabbing an older version for now.

the 5.99 tzones plan will work if you hack the phone

you can also use wifi on the phone without having a carrier or sim inserted, it provides full internet access and i surf this very forum from it all the time
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pouncer11 For This Useful Post:

karlas32 (11-09-2007)

Exclamation thanks
    so, even if it's already unlocked i'd have to go through the steps and hack into it and adjust settings and all that? if it's available to use w/ wi-fi then why buy any plan from tmobile? or would it charge after so much usage of the internet? sorry

iPhone? More like MyPhone StrictlyBusiness's Avatar
    Thanks

if you use Wi-Fi it only works in spots where wi-fi is avaliable, if you use Edge, you get to bring your internet with you wherever you go that has a cell signal for your provider, Givin Wi-fi is 100x faster then Edge, Edge is great to have when your on the go!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StrictlyBusiness For This Useful Post:

karlas32 (11-09-2007)

oh okay that makes sense, thanks for all your help. have a good one

iPhone? More like MyPhone StrictlyBusiness's Avatar
    Thanks

Your welcome! hope what I wrote helped you out.