+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I can access edge without inputting Edge settings???

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Brief overview: I have a unlocked 1.1.1 on t-mobile which works no problem. My wifi works fine and i upgraded my plan to the T-Zone plan. However it is not
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default I can access edge without inputting Edge settings???
    Brief overview:

I have a unlocked 1.1.1 on t-mobile which works no problem. My wifi works fine and i upgraded my plan to the T-Zone plan. However it is not hacked, yet. I want to make sure the T-Zone is working properly before i go ahead and hack it.

However the strange thing is that if i turn the wifi off on my phone, the phone AUTOMATICALLY finds the Edge network with no website,username,password in the edge settings.

So....i'm not sure what's going on. The main thing is that i want to make sure that i'm not going to get bent over on data charges, hence the whole reason to make sure T-Zone worked before i hacked it.

Thanks for any help

Green Apple
    Thanks

[irrelevant]
    Last edited by tonycortes; 06-09-2010 at 01:30 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nope, this was a brand new phone i bought from the Apple store.

here's another weird thing (at least to me) if iturn off edge services through the sources app, I no longer have any phone service. Is it supposed to that?
    Last edited by jim0068; 11-06-2007 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim0068 View Post
    Brief overview:

However the strange thing is that if i turn the wifi off on my phone, the phone AUTOMATICALLY finds the Edge network with no website,username,password in the edge settings.

Thanks for any help

Ok, if you mean the E icon on the top left corner appear after you turn off your wifi, that does NOT mean your phone connected to a EDGE network. It just shows that EDGE is ready, and waiting, if there is a request to connect. Try to open a web, if it go through, then you actually have an EDGE connection (so, congrats) if it say "Cannot Activate EDGE" then you dont have EDGE yet, need to set it up!

Either way, the E icon on the top left corner alwasy there. Unless you turn on Wifi then it will change to wifi icon!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you for the clarification!