+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone with t-zones READ THIS

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Does anyone have this problem: their tzones works but I've noticed for example if the weather or stocks takes to long to update, I exit and try again and then
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Anyone with t-zones READ THIS
    Does anyone have this problem: their tzones works but I've noticed for example if the weather or stocks takes to long to update, I exit and try again and then it works right away. Or youtube won't work the first time, but the second time it always works. Also if weather or stock for example doesn't work, go to safari and load a page, then go back to weather and it works instantly. Or if safari doesn't work, refresh and it works again. It's almost as if you wake up edge and everything keeps working until you are done with your internet session. BUT if the iphone has been in standby for at least 20minutes, when you try weather or internet you must try twice like mentioned above to get everything working again. This means if you have it check email automatically and you haven't woken up edge for a while, it won't retrieve the new email. I've tried all the tzones methods with same results. Is the iphone defective or do others have the same symptoms?
    Last edited by m600i; 04-12-2008 at 09:23 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes this happens to me too and I am incredibly annoyed by it, just about ready to upgrade to the $19.99 plan. I have been researching but I haven't found anyone else who has noticed this problem and been able to fix it. It also seems like lots of people either have this problem but don't notice, or they don't have the problem at all and I am jealous.

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m600i View Post
    Does anyone have this problem: their tzones works but I've noticed for example if the weather or stocks takes to long to update, I exit and try again and then it works right away. Or youtube won't work the first time, but the second time it always works. Also if weather or stock for example doesn't work, go to safari and load a page, then go back to weather and it works instantly. Or if safari doesn't work, refresh and it works again. It's almost as if you wake up edge and everything keeps working until you are done with your internet session. BUT if the iphone has been in standby for at least 20minutes, when you try weather or internet you must try twice like mentioned above to get everything working again. This means if you have it check email automatically and you haven't woken up edge for a while, it won't retrieve the new email. I've tried all the tzones methods with same results. Is the iphone defective or do others have the same symptoms?

To be honest, before I had this t zones hack, I had the $19.99 internet plan, and the same happens to me on both. I think its just the t mobile service itself, and not that t zones hack.
    ****CHECK OUT MY PHOTO ALBUM WITH MY HAYABUSA, CARS, AND WIFE***************87 mustang notch 1300+rwhp, low 8 sec. 1/4 times
    *2004 suzuki hayabusa turbo. 1397cc kit, lots of boost, and 348 rwhp. 212 mph top speed, on highway. low 8 sec. 1/4 times, and 150mph wheelies

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Use this APN with TZones - epc.tmobile.com
    Hey Everyone,

I too had the same problem. Tzones was working great, except I had to refresh Safari most of the time to get the pages to load. I was using the wap.voicestream.com APN, but then I read about the APN for prepaid folks, epc.tmobile.com. If you're paying for Tzones, use epc.tmobile.com as your APN and you'll never get those pesky HTTP ERROR $CODE$ pages again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did notice that on my phone too. I figured I just reinstall the 2.1 firmware again and hopefully all those annoying things will go away.

Lately, my MxTube will fail when its like half way, which it didn't use to do that.

Its starting to get annoying. I'm under the epc.tmobile.com APN with t-zones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

epc.tmobile.com fixes this problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello,

I've been using the epc.tmobile.com as my APN it's been working fine and a lil faster. I've been using it for a while now....and I wake up this morning and it's not working any more. I get a message stating this mesg. your plan does not support this feature. Do you think tmobile finally caught on to what was going on? Also I'm still on the 1.1.4 software on my 2g phone....Are you having the same problem?

Thanks

mine nor my wifes works as of this morning.. hers being a 2G software unlocked and min being a 3G sim adapter unlocked. We were both using epc.tmobile.com
    I revieced a sms message from tmobile this morning but I deleted it, didnt read it.. I think it said something about data roaming... not sure. But now niether of our tzones edge work...
    we are in el paso texas(west texas)

UPDATE: Our edge icons reappeared and my wifes is working really slow it appears(2G)

The 3G is trying but is constantly getting the mesage CANNOT OPEN PAGE: safari coud not open the server stopped respoding.

I also in bossprefs still show a data ip address
    Last edited by reznor9; 10-31-2008 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Shenese. Do you pay for 5.99 for the tzones

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does swirlymms work under the epc.tmobile.com apn now? or as anyone tired it i know before when i tired it it wouldnt work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaine420 View Post
    does swirlymms work under the epc.tmobile.com apn now? or as anyone tired it i know before when i tired it it wouldnt work
    no