+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EDGE Settings, I need some help..

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have had my iphone on tmoible for about a month. EDGE worked great under internet2.voicestream.com Yesterday the edge went down in my area. So today its fixed but my
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default EDGE Settings, I need some help..
    I have had my iphone on tmoible for about a month. EDGE worked great under internet2.voicestream.com Yesterday the edge went down in my area. So today its fixed but my safari doesnt work. Mail WORKS ... but NONE of the other web apps work.

Any thoughts?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Located in AZ by any chance?

Mine did the exact same thing yesterday but it might not be a geographic issue. The good news is that you're not alone. Mine did the exact same thing. Safari will LOOK like it's loading but it just hangs. Stocks work, weather works, mail works, no Safari.

I have 3 friends with Iphones on Tmobile and 2/3 of us are affected. I called Tmobile, they said I am connecting to the Edge network, to use the internet2.voicestream.com APN, and that everything looks fine on their end. Looks like an Iphone issue. How this happened all of a sudden I do not know.

I'll post in here if I find anything...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

rufus im in arizona also and having that problem.when did u change to the 19.99 data plan on tmobile because ive also been told it takes 72hrs to activate instead of right away...also i called tmobile yesterday and in the tucson area the total internet was down they had a recording about it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5659

This didn't work the first time. Hoever, it worked the second time when I didn't change a single setting. I added the files, rebooted, and it worked. Afterwards I went in and changed my APN to internet2.voicestream.com rather than wap.voicestream.com.

I'm back up and running

Quote Originally Posted by aj23balla View Post
    rufus im in arizona also and having that problem.when did u change to the 19.99 data plan on tmobile because ive also been told it takes 72hrs to activate instead of right away...also i called tmobile yesterday and in the tucson area the total internet was down they had a recording about it.
    Ya they said something about internet being down but they will confirm it's working for you if you call. I have internet and youtube back now.

These cert files do the job to get Youtube back

Step 2

http://iphone.unlock.no/
    Last edited by rufus; 10-19-2007 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so is internet2.voicestream.com better than the wap.voicestream.com?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridluu View Post
    so is internet2.voicestream.com better than the wap.voicestream.com?
    I was told by T-MO that they basically are the same (using the same network) They are just used for different plans.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do I need to dowload files to the phone or just go in an change edge settings straight up ? If so, what should be the settings ? tks.