+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Couple of Question About Fully Restoring My Mac

is a discussion within the

Snow Leopard 10.6

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
I want to do a full restore on my mac to snow leopard but got a couple questions. 1. Can I drop my applications directly onto my hard drive and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Couple of Question About Fully Restoring My Mac
    I want to do a full restore on my mac to snow leopard but got a couple questions.

1. Can I drop my applications directly onto my hard drive and be able to launch them after I restore or would i have to re-download and install?

2. After I restore my computer, would itunes make me restore my iphone as well or would i be able to sync my iphone like normal because I dont want to loose my 4.3.3 jailbreak and re-jailbreak my iphone since cydia does not have my shsh for 4.3.3 because i got the iphone on 4.3.3 as a replacement
    Last edited by MrDEWSH; 09-13-2011 at 03:03 AM. Reason: re-phrasing

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

1. Yes, for most Applications you will be able to drop that directory back into your Applications folder and they will run (because that's how most Mac Applications are installed anyways). Suite programs such as Adobe CS5, Microsoft Office, and things of that sort which require external files for resources would probably give you issues.

2. You won't have to restore your iPhone, although you will have to re-sync everything. You can use Pod to Mac to transfer all of your music back to your Mac, and you should be able to right click your device and click "transfer purchases" from the right panel in iTunes.