+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac OS X Server, surfing web over wifi

is a discussion within the

Snow Leopard 10.6

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
What on earth am I doing wrong here? I thought I had a good understanding of networking and servers but SL server is throwing me off. How do you do
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Mac OS X Server, surfing web over wifi
    What on earth am I doing wrong here? I thought I had a good understanding of networking and servers but SL server is throwing me off. How do you do a simple thing like surf the web using wifi only on SLS? Do I need to set the DNS IP to the local IP address that is assigned to this server. I know it's more powerful than what I need (I wanted to soup up my web testing environment from MAMP) but now I cant even surf the web over wifi. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

First:
    • Are you connected via AirPort to a wireless network?
    • Are you using a static IP or getting one via DHCP?

Try setting to DHCP. If set to static, use your main gateway's DNS address. It doesn’t have to be the server's address, unless your are running DNS and need local DNS resolution.

Can other devices get online via your wireless? Is your server's AirPort card defective?

It should work without any additional configuration. You don't even have to touch Server Preferences or Server Admin.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!