+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes stores songs as copies.

is a discussion within the

Snow Leopard 10.6

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
Hey Im totally new to mac, and I have one quick question. I am sorry if this already been asked. So I have my music folder that i copied from
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iTunes stores songs as copies.
    Hey Im totally new to mac, and I have one quick question. I am sorry if this already been asked. So I have my music folder that i copied from old computer on desktop, and now when I added this songs to itunes it copied those songs to its library. So now I have 150gb of songs on desktop window, and 170gb of the same music + 20gb in iTunes library. (I have no idea why its 20gb more) How do I fix it, because itunes library only takes up precious space. I would go ahead and delete original folder from desktop, but iTunes have messed up names of most of the songs and they do not show properly neither in iTunes nor in iTUnes library.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

You can remove the desktop folder because you have the option checked in iTunes to copy stuff to iTunes folder when importing. As for the wrong tags on them I am not sure. What music manager did you use before?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

wolk72 (04-18-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just had music folder on my old pc, but the problem is with the songs that have tags in different language (russian to be exact), I had same problem with tags on my old computer and somehow i fixed it but i dont remember how i did it.