+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Getting fustrated with Gmail & Apple Mail!

is a discussion within the

Snow Leopard 10.6

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
I use Apple Mail to read and manage my emails, I also use Gmail along with Apple Mail. What I'm trying to do is manage all my emails with Apple
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Getting fustrated with Gmail & Apple Mail!
    I use Apple Mail to read and manage my emails, I also use Gmail along with Apple Mail. What I'm trying to do is manage all my emails with Apple Mail. It seems like when I delete an email in Apple Mail Inbox, it doesn't want to delete from the Gmail. So I have to then go to Gmail and also delete them from there, this is tiresome especially when I get a bunch of email. I also use my iPhone4 to read and manage my email. Then when I go to delete them from the Gmail, it actually deletes them BUT keeps them in there All Mail folders? So how do I configure my Gmail so that when I use Apple Mail to delete them that it also deletes them in Gmail and Gmail's All Mail folder? I'm running Apple Mail Vesion 4.3 I do have the Gmail as IMAP and not POP. Any help would greatly be appreciated please. Thanks in advance.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortunately, Mail doesn't handle Gmail IMAP very well. Thunderbird works better. What I do is expand the Gmail IMAP folders so I can see the "Trash" folder, and manually drag emails from Mail's Inbox to there. The "All Mail" folder contains all of your Messages; Inbox, Sent, Trash, etc. And to empty the trash, I use my iPhone. If I tell Mail to delete the messages, the appear agin in "All Mail."

Have a look at the recommend settings for Mail from Google. I eagerly await a fix from Apple. How come Mozilla got it right?

Apple Mail 4.0 - Gmail Help
    Recommended IMAP client settings - Gmail Help
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I use entourage, part of office on the MAC to handle multiple mail accounts including Gmail and have no such problem. Also read mail on the iPhone and only need to delete mail In one place and everything sync's correctly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I second entourage too ....works smoothly to intergrate ur emails!