+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dualboot and virtualization

is a discussion within the

Snow Leopard 10.6

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
Can I install windows xp on virtualization like parallels and windows 7 on bootcamp? Or win xp on bootcamp and virtual? May sound stupid to some of you but I
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Dualboot and virtualization
    Can I install windows xp on virtualization like parallels and windows 7 on bootcamp? Or win xp on bootcamp and virtual? May sound stupid to some of you but I have some business hardware that don't run on a Mac. Also will I need separate win product keys if I install say xp on bootcamp and virtual or is it just one install. Lastly is the rumor true that windows is faster on the Mac?

Sorry for all the noob q's but I just made the switch to a real computer a few month ago.

Thanks

Thanks

Welcome to the Mac World.

Yes. You can install XP on Parallels and Windows 7 on Bootcamp since it won't negatively affect your Mac. You don't need seperate product keys if you are going to do XP on Bootcamp and Parallels. Just install them.

Windows runs faster on a Mac than a PC? It depends on the hardware and the fragmentation of your hard drive. In other words, it is basically runs at the same speed like PC's and hardware will affect the performance. For me, it runs faster than my PC due to better hardware.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to awesomeSlayer For This Useful Post:

kuhndsn (07-30-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

If your computer supports virtualization then you can run XP Pro inside of Windows 7. And the great part about it is that Windows will give you XP Pro for free. I run it inside of 7. Look on microsofts site for the Virtualization software. It is free too.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

Cory Gillmore (07-26-2010), kuhndsn (07-30-2010)