+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New mac owner

is a discussion within the

Snow Leopard 10.6

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
HEY I AM COMING FROM WINDOWS 7 TO A MAC AND I AM ENJOYING IT I HAVE A MACBOOK 13 JUST DONT KNOW ALL THE INS AND OUTS LOOKING FOR
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default New mac owner
    HEY I AM COMING FROM WINDOWS 7 TO A MAC AND I AM ENJOYING IT I HAVE A MACBOOK 13
    JUST DONT KNOW ALL THE INS AND OUTS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO SHINE SOME LIGHTS ON RECOMMENDED APPS THEMES SO FORTH FOR THE MAC .........

I KINDA GOT IT BECAUSE IT MATCHES MY WHITE IPHONE 3gs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

OSX does not natively support Themes. Get click-to-flash for safari to block flash because it does not run very well. For IMs Adium is the best I have used. Trying to think of my most used apps but can't off the top of my head cause I am at work on a XP machine.

And Welcome to the Mac world. I hope you enjoy it as much as many of us have.
    Last edited by Cer0; 04-29-2010 at 08:59 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thank you

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

be sure and check utube...there some great tutors on there.....and once you find 1 good one it will lead to many more....you will find all kind of tips and mods to try....good luck.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Green Apple
    Thanks
    "I KINDA GOT IT BECAUSE IT MATCHES MY WHITE IPHONE 3gs" and all the caps

wow just wow, do the dumbest of windows users switch to mac?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by talbott View Post
    "I KINDA GOT IT BECAUSE IT MATCHES MY WHITE IPHONE 3gs" and all the caps

wow just wow, do the dumbest of windows users switch to mac?
    Better now than never, regardless of the reason. I graduated college and purchased a MacBook Pro 13 today now that I have time to endure the learning curve. I used PC all the way up until today due to 99.9999% of college/universities use PC and Windows based systems for campus use and had constant projects and papers due so there was zero time for me to adapt to/learn a whole new OS.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me DJM AutoWerkz's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm tired of windows all kind of spam, spyware and viruses even when using a firewall. I'm trying to sell my pc and 24" monitor for a iMac 27" i7

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

just have both on your mac win 7 and OSX

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Welcome to Apple HELL.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I like both, they both have their ups and downs. Windows 7 has been MS best OS.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone newyork0900's Avatar
    Thanks

I recently bought a 2010 Macbook Pro 13" and have always used windows OS for many years. I must admit I love the Apple range and am just learning to use it.

I have the following and would never go back:

Macbook Pro 13" 10.6.4 OS (I did have a 17" Dell Inspiron laptop 250gb hdd with Windows Vista)
    iPhone 4 32gb
    iPhone 3gs 16gb
    iPad 64gb wifi & 3g
    iPod touch 16gb

What makes Apple so appealing? I dont use the laptop for anything technical, so it may never get to be tested to its fullest, but it does the wife an I.

Thanks

My first Mac was a iBook G4. I got it because I was curious about macs. After that point I loved it. Not sure what it is about it but I enjoy them. After that I bought a Macbook then just this year finally went and got a 27in iMac.

Nothing against Windows. I think 7 is great, great OS jump for them. My GF is starting to like OSX also.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newyork0900 View Post
    I recently bought a 2010 Macbook Pro 13" and have always used windows OS for many years. I must admit I love the Apple range and am just learning to use it.

I have the following and would never go back:

Macbook Pro 13" 10.6.4 OS (I did have a 17" Dell Inspiron laptop 250gb hdd with Windows Vista)
    iPhone 4 32gb
    iPhone 3gs 16gb
    iPad 64gb wifi & 3g
    iPod touch 16gb

What makes Apple so appealing? I dont use the laptop for anything technical, so it may never get to be tested to its fullest, but it does the wife an I.
    I also was using Windows OS and would swear on it at the time, I then went through an Army school and got convinced to go to the Apple store through one of my instructors who worked there, once he showed me I was hooked. To answer your question Apple being so appealing well first I really dont use it for technical stuff either but have found it very usefull when it comes to the family such as editing and creating family videos/ Pictures and organization. I also have been very impressed with the technical support Apple provides, Genius Bar and online support. Most programs I have acquired for the mac seem to be very user friendly Adobe CS5 Growl Adium and Pulp motion just to name a few. Also when there is a new os for macs it doesnt cost an arm and a leg to buy. Owning the iPhones and ipads and other iDevices make the experience even better with keeping most of your mac work on your iDevice for example I do alot of power point presentations and read alot of study guides, I can download those to my iDevice right from my mac, most are already in the format I need from going from one Apple product to the next. Last is Durability, right now im currently deployed to Afghanistan so the wear and tear on computers is high, I have seen a total of 7 computers crash or break (mostly Dell and the Netbooks) in one way or another, then they end up buying a mac after seeing mine due to the way it is made, with the metal casing ( not sure exactly what it is called). Overall my macbook and iDevices have treated me well as others I work with. Again congrats on the buy and if I can help you out with anything just shoot me a PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shishir G View Post
    Welcome to Apple HELL.
    I call TROLL on this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by json View Post
    HEY I AM COMING FROM WINDOWS 7 TO A MAC AND I AM ENJOYING IT I HAVE A MACBOOK 13
    JUST DONT KNOW ALL THE INS AND OUTS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO SHINE SOME LIGHTS ON RECOMMENDED APPS THEMES SO FORTH FOR THE MAC .........

I KINDA GOT IT BECAUSE IT MATCHES MY WHITE IPHONE 3gs
    Welcome to the "cool & hip" where you can get things done with style and on time. And look sweet doin' it!

It makes geeky, atractive and cool.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shishir G View Post
    Welcome to Apple HELL.

If Macs are hell then all of us here are loving the nice heat wave... I wouldn't trade it for anything else. And recently, it seems like more and more are trading in their "heaven" for this "hell".

Thanks

Get adium not that ****** msn version for mac. Get tweetie if you use twitter. iTunesMenu is a must if you use iTunes at all. Gimp and VlC that covers everthing

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

I just bought my first Mac today. It's just a plain MacBook, but SUCH an upgrade from my 7 year-old Windows Xp machine. Going from a Pentium 4 to Core 2 Duo is amazing, best investment I've ever made
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

Thanks

Not only the hardware jump but you are jumping to a great OS. Nothing wrong with XP or Windows 7 (which is a great jump for Microsoft) but OSX just has that wonderful feel to it.

Thanks

The only regret I have with buying my mac was not getting the one with the combodrive.