+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it worth it guys?

is a discussion within the

Snow Leopard 10.6

forums, a part of the

OS X

section;
I recently bought my 17 inch unibody MacBook pro. It's got snow leopard on and I'm loving it. But this morning when I was bored I installed windows 7 on
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Is it worth it guys?
    I recently bought my 17 inch unibody MacBook pro. It's got snow leopard on and I'm loving it. But this morning when I was bored I installed windows 7 on my acer and I think it looks lovely

is it worth Installing it on my mac though? I've heard it runs hotter or something? And I presume I would need antivirus etc?

I've got a 64bit ultimate version, and basically want to know how well it runs alongside mac osx?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default if you really need windows
    if you really need windows then go for it. i've heard there are issues with windows 7 64 bit on mac but it is possible. are you planning on running boot camp or vmware or parallels?

iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

Im not sure about it running hotter, but bootcamp tells you to use a 32 bit version. I don't see why parallels cant run 64 bit though.
    You would need anti-virus if you did bootcamp, just on the windows partition. The windows and mac cannot write on each others partitions unless you install special drivers, so the windows viruses cant get into your mac. As if they would do anything anyway...