Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: n00b needs a few answers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default n00b needs a few answers
    I bought a used Mac Book Pro (3 years old now no APPLE care) and now I want to sell it and restore it to factory settings and removing all passwords. It was used as I said and I have no discs or anything like that.
    On Apple it says trade in value is around $600 bucks, is that a good price for a 3 year old MBP? It needs to be restored to factory settings and I thought I would ask the pros.
    Thank you so much in advance for helping.
    I hope I posted this in the correct forum, I apologize to the mods if it is not.

I don't suppose you're running os x 10.7 are you? Because if that's the case, just boot up the computer, hold down the option key and select the recovery hd instead of Macintosh hd. In the next window just select "reinstall lion" or something like that.
    Leopard and snow leopard (10.6&10.5) are a little bit trickier. Manually I suppose you could delete all your files, delete all the applications that you installed and didn't come with the computer, and then delete your account as a faster way of erasing all your preference files, however there is probably an easier way to do this that I'm missing.
    As for the price it's hard to say if it's good or not unless you give the specifications of the machine, however for most machines that are three years old, $600 is probably a good, perhaps even high amount