Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore Mac

Default Restore Mac
    Hey guys. So im about to restore my whole mac using the snow leopard cd but i was wondering about some stuff. I have windows 7 installed on it using bootcamp. Now i had that done by my dad's friend who kept my win 7 cd because i thought i wouldn't need it. If i restored the mac would that hard drive partition erase? The reason im asking is because the only reason i am doing this is because i have 150gb that will not join the OS X hard drive and im sick of not being able to use that partition. Thanks. Im also realizing my microsoft word excel etc will need to be reinstalled too? That isn't a problem ill just need to find the cd

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

Is bootcamp assistant not working to regain that 150gb?

no it isn't and now im wondering if i should completely erase windows or not

yes and i just removed the windows partition as i dont think id need it anymore the error just says cannot verify but that is in disk utility

Thanks

Put your snow leopard disk in, hold C on boot up. But instead of reinstalling open disk utility and repair the disk and permissions. Then boot it back up normally after and try to regain that space again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Stray (05-14-2011)

Thank you Simon it worked i have 400gb back out of the 500gb! of course those 100 were actually used by me

Thanks

Which part worked? What did you do to get it going again?

The last step you told me worked. I erased the windows aprtition because i didn't need it anymore too but i put my snow leopard disk in and did those things and tried again with disk utility and it worked

Thanks

You did it in 1 minute? Or you were already doing those steps before I posted it?

yeah i was doing them before lol

yeah i was using the new MBP and doing that at the same time