View Poll Results: windows 7 or snow leopard?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • windows 7

31 29.52%
  • snow leopard

74 70.48%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: windows 7 vs snow leopard?

Default windows 7 vs snow leopard?
    i couldn't figure out where else to put this anyway what do you guys think? SL or 7?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trub411a For This Useful Post:

Kennywaiwai (08-29-2010)

Thanks

Are you in the market for a new computer? Otherwise I can't see the point of this thread. Both have their plus points.

Snowy Cat for me though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

You can't really compare the two. They the only difference is windows really needed windows 7 because of some horrible operating system called vista, while mac had leopard, a very GOOD operating system

personally I think windows 7 is a better OS release..
    I still personally think SL is better, for me. But the jump from vista to windows 7 on the family computers was AMAZING. They all feel like brand new computers, even being a two+ years old, in fact some of the computers couldn't handle vista, but run windows 7 perfectly.

Yet my MBP from leopard, to snow leopard, still feels like the same computer. It's still my favorite computer in the house, but still I didn't get that, "Holy crap this changes everything" feeling I did from windows 7.

Good luck getting a solid response from this forum, people on here are pretty ignorant to technology advances, unless its got the "steve jobs" stamp on it.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

well i was asking because I have a dilemma i could either trade my laptop for a mbp or get 7 but I bought a lot of mac software last few months and then there is things like pwnage tool and audio highjack pro that I really love because sometimes laptop speakers are too low so i'm not sure what to do

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

yea I think it's 6 of one, half a dozen for the other...

I enjoy both! And that's just working off the beta for W7, I am looking forward to the release in a couple weeks.

Both are great, really wish I could combine a few things from each! that would be awesome!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I prefer Win7. Having not tried Snowleopard, I can't compare them. What I can comment about though is that Win7 is simply a clean OS. There is really no comparison of it and Vista other than the obvious GUI. Win7 has improved on that even. My computer has been cruising along on autopilot not having a single hiccup since I moved from XP to Win7. There was no way I was going to try Vista with all of the issues it had.

Win7 worked out of the box. The install was flawless and it even searched out drivers from the internet so I didn't have to do the footwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
    yea I think it's 6 of one, half a dozen for the other...

I enjoy both! And that's just working off the beta for W7, I am looking forward to the release in a couple weeks.

Both are great, really wish I could combine a few things from each! that would be awesome!
    RTM version was released a few weeks ago... Its awesome

Quote Originally Posted by trub411a View Post
    well i was asking because I have a dilemma i could either trade my laptop for a mbp or get 7 but I bought a lot of mac software last few months and then there is things like pwnage tool and audio highjack pro that I really love because sometimes laptop speakers are too low so i'm not sure what to do
    Dude trade your laptop for a MBP... its literally the best laptop i've EVER owned. 7 hours of battery life?!?

Think of it like this, Apple's laptop is so kick ***, you can install windows 7 on it stock, no modifications needed. Try installing snow leopard on a sony vaio...
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

i couldn't figure out where else to put this anyway what do you guys think? SL or 7?
    What? Are you srs? One will open doors, the other just looks out windows.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

11. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

HungryHungryNico (10-08-2009)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    What? Are you srs? One will open doors, the other just looks out windows.
    Gotta +1 this one.

Thanks

I love windows 7 it's great I have the final version and runs great

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    yea got it but no key... lol

Good for a little while longer...

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post

Dude trade your laptop for a MBP... its literally the best laptop i've EVER owned. 7 hours of battery life?!?

Think of it like this, Apple's laptop is so kick ***, you can install windows 7 on it stock, no modifications needed. Try installing snow leopard on a sony vaio...
    i been wanting to trade i posted on different trade forums but nobody's willing even posted on craigs list ;[ any suggestions?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

OSX all the way i used windows all my life and win 7 is a def upgrade from crappy vista for sure! I am running Parallels and windows 7 cannot connect to the internt but when i use parallels with unbuntu the wireless internet works fine. meh i dont use windows much anymore anyhow but its nice to have around. But Snow leopard all the way!

Mac book pro, Wich model? Us it recent old? I have a late 2008, 4GB ram , 350 HD, I love it, can run both os for 3Ds Max, no apple version of this for apple but you can use Maya. Depends what you need the laptop for. I will upgrade my HD cause on a laptop, depending what u use on it, it is , and why you need it it does also have limits. The one I have, can't go higher then 4 gb ram. I filled the disk twice where I had transfer file folders. And once you are there it is too late to compress. My fault but are you checking these things regularly or not. Then make your choice. But if it is a laptop for a laptop with W 7 , I would consider MBP first.

When you perform install youvcan choose whatcyoue default will be then of you want to foca quick erase cluck on File on the menu bar. Then it will say your default secure empty ot empty trash. now push alt or ctrl. Ot will the trash menu togle to the opposite of your default.

Sorry for horrible spelling on an iPhone and tried to reply quickly. Sorry. Hope you get whatvi was trying yo tell you. If not. Write back to me. But I guess you will figure it out or already have
    Last edited by ericd_; 12-14-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Honestly, I think Windows 7 is way much better. Now, the Apple computers(hardware) are very hight quality. One think that I like about Apple OS is the fact that let you install Windows 7 using bootcamp, and it has all the drivers for Windows 7, that's cool! Windows 7 is very stable, fast, you use what you know for many Windows in the past, etc. Apple OS does not appeal to me that much.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

I love mac osx.
    I have the unibody MBP and it runs windows 7 through bootcamp just fine.
    I tried parallels, it was cool but i didnt quite like it, ill stick with bootcamp.
    I did get it to look like it was running windows by itself with parallels, and using fullscreen mode with spaces, but it still wont run video game emulators well! Lol running emulators on an emulator didnt quite work as well, thats why I really wanted windows on my mac.

Never used 7, (XP sent me to mac thankfully) but have hear good reports from it. I love SL though agree it didn't have a huge wow factor for me from L.

It is stable & has lots of features - it's only missing a few that I would like...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast