+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't get summerboard to download--package download fails even with patch

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Okay, I'm running 1.1.4... i had a problem at first where installer always said "Error Package Download Failed" I fixed this by clearing my queue everytime before I try to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can't get summerboard to download--package download fails even with patch
    Okay, I'm running 1.1.4...
    i had a problem at first where installer always said "Error Package Download Failed"
    I fixed this by clearing my queue everytime before I try to download something...
    summerboard still will not download, as soon as i hit install the error pops up, its not like it gets almost done then says it
    i tried the patch from iSpazio and from hack that phone... no difference...
    i used ziphone 2.5b to jailbreak it
    i have a macbook with leopard
    i have also been looking all over for this answer, to no avail
    what if i downgrade to 1.1.3... and if that is a option i have no idea how to do that
    any ideas?

also bsd subsystem is doing the same thing.... "error package download failed"
    Last edited by fmatto1; 03-26-2008 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me LeathaFace's Avatar
    Thanks

are u closing installer then reopening it when u try to re d/l? Like if u get the error close out installer then reopen it and try. If that doesn't work try turning off wifi ad try d/l'ing thru edge. Let me know how u make out.
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

fmatto1 (03-26-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wow so check out this... i was typing my reply and saying "yea i tried all that but it still wont work" and as i was typing it i quit installer by holding the home button down, then i relaunched it, and for some reason when i pressed install on bsd subsystem it actually started downloading and currently is... ive tried quitting and restarting like 5 times and the one time it works is right after you say to try it... so after its done im gonna try to get summerboard and ill let you know how it goes, but i have to go to accounting class so ill be back later... thanks so far man!

oh my me summerboard is downloading....
    well then i guess the solution to this problem is to have leathaface suggest to quit installer, and even if uve done that for 30 times, it will only work after he suggests it... thanks again bro
    Last edited by fmatto1; 03-26-2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost