Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSkin : create & install iOS themes without jailbreak (looking for beta testers)

Lightbulb iSkin : create & install iOS themes without jailbreak (looking for beta testers)
    Hello !

I'm a web developper, iOS lover, and I'm currently working on a project allowing to create & install iOS themes on Apple devices without jailbreak : iSkin !

My webapp is almost finished and is "technically working".

I now need to find some nice iOS theme designers with "good quality" themes to upload the first themes on iSkin and make them available for the public release, and alternatively beta test my webapp with various devices / iOS versions configurations...

I hope I'll find on the modmyi community some help to achieve this dream I have and I was working on for so many hours : make customization & theming possible without jailbreak (even if there are some limitations of course...) ! \o/

Don't hesitate to visit the iSkin home page to start : http://iskin.tooliphone.net
    Then to know more about how to become a beta tester, the limitations, and why you should do that : please read this page.
    For release dates, news, previews, and more... : you can also visit my Twitter @tooliphone and follow me !

I hope to see you soon...

TooLiPHoNe
    mod edit/links removed

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tooliphone For This Useful Post:

thazsar (08-10-2014), vXBaKeRXv (08-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,873 Times in 1,243 Posts

Are you only accepting unreleased themes? I have one I'd like to host for my friends that aren't jailbroken but I don't use social
    networking anymore.

cydia://package/com.modmyi.ringmasker

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-11-2014), vXBaKeRXv (08-19-2014)

Yes I accept any theme, if I could get all the themes that are also on Cydia I'll be an happy man !! LOL

I don't have Cydia (I'm not jailbroken...) but I saw some previews of your theme. Seems very nice with this circular look !
    But keep in mind that iSkin is a non-jailbreak trick, and have limitations... Icons are "webclips" added on the homescreen, transparency is not allowed by iOS (turned into black), so I think it will be hard to get this circular effect...
    But perhaps you made other themes, or can make a "squared" version of this one ?

In all cases, if you are interested, please contact me by email as asked here, so I can send you your beta access codes and some additional informations !

See U
    Last edited by tooliphone; 08-11-2014 at 12:01 AM.
    mod edit/links removed

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tooliphone For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-11-2014), thazsar (08-11-2014), vXBaKeRXv (08-19-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tooliphone View Post
    Yes I accept any theme, if I could get all the themes that are also on Cydia I'll be an happy man !! LOL

I don't have Cydia (I'm not jailbroken...) but I saw some previews of your theme. Seems very nice with this circular look !
    But keep in mind that iSkin is a non-jailbreak trick, and have limitations... Icons are "webclips" added on the homescreen, transparency is not allowed by iOS (turned into black), so I think it will be hard to get this circular effect...
    But perhaps you made other themes, or can make a "squared" version of this one ?

In all cases, if you are interested, please contact me by email as asked here, so I can send you your beta access codes and some additional informations !

See U
    Oh...I see! All of the icons in my theme use some form of transparency. There's a square version included but they still create a fading effect. I'd be interested in 'testing' what it'd look like using your format to see how it'd actually turn out. You never know, it might be kinda cool!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    You never know, it might be kinda cool!
    Beta access codes sent to you... and yes, this IS kinda cool (the coolest I managed to do without jailbreak of course...) !! ;-p
    mod edit/links removed

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tooliphone For This Useful Post:

thazsar (08-11-2014)

Thanks

Okay, I have a better understanding now. This uses the redirect method that we've seen a couple times in the past. I'd have to manually theme each icon to show what my icons would look like.

Currently, my icons are a Mask that lays over the original icons. All icons can be themed using this method instead of making an icon for every app. Let me promote this idea to my theme forum to see if any of those guys/gals wouldn't mind trying you out!

Their themes are standard so you'll get better results from them. I, too, could do it with mine but it'd take some time. Just like you, I'm a family man w/ kids so time isn't a luxury I have anymore! LOL!

BTW, how are you finding the redirect URLs for each app?

Found this list for you!

http://wiki.akosma.com/IPhone_URL_Schemes#Phone
    Last edited by thazsar; 08-11-2014 at 01:50 AM.

This uses the redirect method that we've seen a couple times in the past
    Yes, but using configuration profiles to redirect without launching Safari, and install all selected icons in the theme at once ! This is more fast and efficient.

Let me promote this idea to my theme forum to see if any of those guys/gals wouldn't mind trying you out!
    Of course you can ! I'm looking for theme designers for iSkin, so the idea is to share it with the world of iOS themers !
    Please just be the contact point for them : you give people interested the beta access codes, and if they have questions, they ask you and you ask me after. Right ?

BTW, how are you finding the redirect URLs for each app?
    By hand, lokking fo custom URL chemes on internet... that'a a long process !
    I already see wiki.akosma, and others too (zwapps, handleopenurls, applookup, ...), but I only put for the moment apps that are "famous" and that I tested (custom scheme launch OK), in order to select easily them (not too many entries...).
    I will later put a filterable ist to select them easily even if many entries, and I wish theme designers will help me to complete this list too. I'm working on it !

See U
    mod edit/links removed

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tooliphone For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-11-2014), thazsar (08-11-2014)

Thanks

Here's how my icons look using your method. This would work if the user has a black background:

Nice ! I love it !

So you could make the "iSkin light version" of your theme by uploading these icons and provide (for user convenience) as homescreens completely black wallpapers in different sizes (for each Apple device resolution).

I must admint that having a black wallpaper in not the nirvana of customization, but having your nice circular icons on it is a nice compromise ! ;-p

In all cases, I'd love to have this theme on iSkin.
    Remember that this "light & limited" version and a link to your full jailbroken theme on iSkin can make it known and give you more "users" for your jailbroken theme...

See you, and have a good day.

@all : one question for all the theme designers of modmyi.

Is there anyone else interested for (at least) testing the iSkin non-jailbreak theming platform and perhaps upload some themes on it ?

If I make all the technical stuff to upload your theme content and transform it into a non jailbreak compatible version, I'm not a theme designer and I need you to make the content. I really want to work closely with you to make this webapp the best it can be.

You will be the "soul" of iSkin, and without this "soul", all my work is "nothing" and doesn't deserves to be released...

That's why I also ask you to upload your themes by yourself instead of just taking it and porting it, without permission, as other "non jailbreak theming platform" do. I consider this would be a steal of your work...

Thanks for your help !
    Last edited by tooliphone; 08-13-2014 at 05:56 PM.
    mod edit/links removed

Thanks

Default iSkin : create & install iOS themes without jailbreak (looking for beta testers)
    BTW, you need to add Tapatalk to you list!

tapatalk://
    Last edited by thazsar; 08-13-2014 at 08:38 PM.

tapatalk added !
    mod edit/links removed

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Here's how my icons look using your method. This would work if the user has a black background:
    This looks very nice !!

So if you are OK, you can make a "light" version of your theme on iSkin that will work with a black wallpaper.
    Uou can upload icons and homescreens (all totally black, but fitting the different Apple devices screen resolutions, for user convenience).

I must admit that having a black home screen is not the "nirvana" of cutomization, but with your nice theme icons this will be a great theme for iSkin !

See U.
    mod edit/links removed

Thanks

Added my theme tonight!

hey !

sorry for the answer delay but I don't always have internet these days...
    your theme is amazing ! very nice, I really love it, this is cool to have themes like that without jailbreak on iSkin !
    And you uploaded near 150 icons that's great !

Do you think you can also upload your "ringmakker" theme, with black omescreen and icons background, so it will keep th "circular" look and feel ?!?
    That would be awesome !

See U, and thank you for this great work.

If you know other theme designers, don't forget to give them access to upload such cool themes !

See U
    mod edit/links removed

Thanks

So I was thinking of doing RingMasker, first, but then realized the icons would look horrible in the dock since iOS 7 added that frosted background. I'll consider it, though, since it really is my favorite theme!

Thanks

RingMasker is now LIVE!

this is amazing, you're the best !! circular icons are really cool...
    I'll post previews on my twitter, this is the best theme on iSkin right now !

one question : could you provide me feedback on the iSkin website ?
    Is it easy to use to upload a theme ?
    Did you had problems ? Do you have suggestions to make it better ?

thank you again for your themes

see U
    mod edit/links removed

Thanks

I've also added some iPad wallpapers to both themes.

For the most part, I think the functionality of the site is done well! My only suggestion would be a section to display examples of what the theme looks like if installed. I included example images in my theme but I feel customers will want to know right away if they would or wouldn't like the theme.

Maybe screenshots directly on the front page would be good. I know you have that Preview portion but that doesn't accommodate more than one pic AND isn't scaled properly for screenshots.

Other than that, I'm happy w/ it!

Thanks

Thought of something else. We need a longer character length for our Description section. I have info I want to give but not enough room.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (08-18-2014)

yeah thanks for feedback.

I already planned to do the 2 main things you told... so you confirm me that this is very important to do !

1/ description : i limited it to be "short" on the themepage and not having a 1000 caracters description taking a lot of space in the page.
    => I think I'll make it large (512, 1000 ?), but display only the biginning with a "more..." link to show it all

2/ theme preview pictures : great idea, but I didn't know how to do this well and simply. as you uploaded them in the LS/HS, I think of something : I'll put a "set as preview" action on the LS/HS upload section, so you can choose ONE LS ans ONE HS picture to set as LS/HS preview. there will be a link on te theme page to show the 2 preview pictures.

I will try to implement this for V1 official release.

Don't hesitate if you think of something else, these were good feedbacks !

See U
    mod edit/links removed

27. The Following User Says Thank You to tooliphone For This Useful Post:

thazsar (08-18-2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast