Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Add Wallpaper To A Theme?

Cool How To Add Wallpaper To A Theme?
    Hey everyone, Xtrendence here,

creator of all XtrenTheme(s) on Cydia (ModMyi Repo). I know all about Theming except a few things:

Making A Custom Dock
    Adding Wallpaper To A Theme

So what I want to do is: When you install XtrenTheme, a default Wallpaper will be installed on your iDevice as well, selectable in Settings/Wallpaper & Brightness. It doesn't matter if it is automatically selected as that is a little redundant

Hey there chief, try this thread:

iOS7x Theme GUIDE

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Hey there chief, try this thread:

iOS7x Theme GUIDE
    Well, that didn't really help at all dude. No mention of anything like that.

Is there a real answer for this because I can't find it easily.

Did you read the title of that thread?
    Did you post your question there?
    There are a bunch of us that monitor that thread and we all have different areas of knowledge.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Did you read the title of that thread?
    Did you post your question there?
    There are a bunch of us that monitor that thread and we all have different areas of knowledge.
    But if this thread already exists, why not just have the answer here? I mean I guess that makes sense, more people would look at that thread and be more likely to answer.

Anyway, I found out either way. To have wallpapers install in the Settings app > Wallpapers & Brightness > Wallpaper > Stills, inside the deb you place them in: /Library/Wallpapers/iPhone/ or /iPad depending on the device you're trying to theme.

The way I did it was copy the naming scheme there for thumbnails and the wallpaper that was in /var/stash/Wallpaper/. So for example you'd name the wallpaper 99@2x~iphone.png and the thumbnail 99.thumbnail@2x~iphone.png. And it worked, they showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by imeyeless View Post
    But if this thread already exists, why not just have the answer here? I mean I guess that makes sense, more people would look at that thread and be more likely to answer.

Anyway, I found out either way. To have wallpapers install in the Settings app > Wallpapers & Brightness > Wallpaper > Stills, inside the deb you place them in: /Library/Wallpapers/iPhone/ or /iPad depending on the device you're trying to theme.

The way I did it was copy the naming scheme there for thumbnails and the wallpaper that was in /var/stash/Wallpaper/. So for example you'd name the wallpaper 99@2x~iphone.png and the thumbnail 99.thumbnail@2x~iphone.png. And it worked, they showed up.
    When you wanted to submit the theme, where did u place the wallpaper? For example, when I make a theme, there's a folder inside "THEME_NAME.theme" called Bundles, another called Folders, another called Fallback, another called UIImages.
    So where did you put the wallpaper? Something like "THEME_NAME.theme/Bundles/com.apple.preferences" or anything like that?