Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Skinning / Themes Discussionforums, a part of the
Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touchsection;
Hello, I currently have the ios7 theme "ner0" for my iphone 5s and there are 3 apps that i need to have skinned with the themes loaded icons. There are...
01-31-2014, 02:31 PM #1Quick (possibly easy) question about renaming icon. Will send $ via paypal!
I currently have the ios7 theme "ner0" for my iphone 5s and there are 3 apps that i need to have skinned with the themes loaded icons. There are multiple icon images within the theme that i want to use for the 3 apps that dont have icons.
So what ive been trying to do is copying and pasting the apps (with the icon i want for the specific app) and changing the folder name to the designated apps so that app will have that icon.
So what im asking is if anyone knows what to name the folders of: Fantastical 2, Espn Sportscenter, and The Weather Channel (TWC).
Ive tried: com.flexibits.fantastical2, com.apple.TheWeatherChannel, and com.apple.SportsCenter.
So far none of these changed the icons of the app while using the theme.
If anyone can get me the exact folder name I should be using for these 3 apps, I will pay you $10 quick dollars to your paypal account.
02-01-2014, 04:24 PM #2
Rename the icons too cause different apps have different icon names sometimes.
Sportscenter >> com.espn.ScoreCenter
icon names Icon-Small.png, Icon-60.png, Icon.png, [email protected]
The Weather Channel >> com.weather.TWC
icon names AppStore-Icon.png and [email protected]
I don't have Fantastical because it costs money but I will tell you how to find the name of the directory and the name of the icon.
1. Download iFile
2. Open iFile
3. Go all the way back to /
4. Click var, then click mobile (you have to scroll down to see this), then click Applications
5. You will see a bunch of folders with names like "34JC4F8D-2US8-4JD8-2JD940F89BAF" just a bunch of random numbers and letters.
6. Go into your iFile settings, click File Manager, and turn Application Names on. Find the Fantastical app folder
7. When you find this folder, open the "fantastical.app" folder inside the folder you just found(I don't know its name)
8. Scroll down until you find Info.plist
9. For the icon names, search for CFBundleIconFiles - for the name of the bundles folder, look for CFBundleIdentifier
10. Underneath these will be what you are looking for
I don't have a paypal so no money is wanted.
EDIT: I googled it again and found a tweak called AppInfo. Download this and you can find the name of the Bundle. However, it doesn't seem to work for the icon names of all apps.
Last edited by Joythewizard; 02-01-2014 at 04:48 PM.