+ Reply
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydget for iOS 7 (make LockScreen plugins with HTML and Cycript)

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Simon This only happens when I added this to the info.plist: Code: <key>NotificationList</key> <string>YES</string> Yup, I know how to enable hardware acceleration. That isn't what is going
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    This only happens when I added this to the info.plist:
    Code:
    <key>NotificationList</key>
        <string>YES</string>

Yup, I know how to enable hardware acceleration. That isn't what is going on here. Same exact LS performs flawlessly with groovylock and lockhtml3. Only in cydgets does it seem to stutter.
    Are you using the widget in the foreground Simon?
    If so the issue is with the foreground and using that for heavy widgets.
    It can't handle it the way it's set up. It's still kind of "stock" using Cydget and trying to put a heavy widget on it doesn't play nice when notifications come up because it's trying to do too much I think.
    Background doesn't do this for me. Foreground widgets do. But only animated ones when animation is on the foreground from what I've seen so far.

NotificationList "Yes" for me renders the whole foreground layer "untouchable" for any touch/swipe options. Not just the mid part where they show up but whole screen.
    Setting it to no I can use a touch function anywhere on the foreground.

My background layer setting a html with a transparent body works great using a widget in the foreground layer.
    No more blurred BG which is awesome to use stock set wallpaper.

I just tested notifications with only an analog clock on the foreground. It does seem "jittery" a bit too after getting a notification and sliding the lockscreen
    So I tried with another widget just weather and icon images with no animation and it does not have that jittery look.

---------------------------

Britta is it at all possible to leave the stock clock on the Foreground layer even if using a html on it and maybe having a preference setting in Cydget that would show/hide it as a user option?
    Just throwing it out there as it may be a good implementation for Cydget settings.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 02-18-2014 at 04:19 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-19-2014), NewdestinyX (02-18-2014), RKO1195 (02-18-2014), Simon (02-18-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,034 Times in 4,536 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brittag View Post
    Hi everyone! Trying to understand these post-update issue reports/questions:

Can you explain a little more about what you mean by "not stay dimmed after a notification"? What's the set of actions you're taking here? Looking at the lock screen after clearing notifications using notification center from the lock screen (instead of unlocking)?
    Thanks, Brittag. I discovered my issue was a widget design issue. Not a fault of Cydget. As you were.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,203 Times in 6,978 Posts

Ya, I believe that one I tried it in was in the foreground. Sometimes it was ok and sometimes it was jittery, even without a notification on the screen. I guess with cydget we just have to keep heavy animation to the background layer if possible. This whole having to split the html's just feels like a bit of a chore to me.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-19-2014), Krima (02-18-2014), NewdestinyX (02-18-2014), RKO1195 (02-18-2014), The_Durben (02-18-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

I agree Simon but I also hope that Saurik understands how it works "under the hood" better than we do.
    So hopefully it keeps progressing to something that is kinda reminiscent of winterboard locks where you could just set and go as in the past. Either way I just want to see a smooth lockscreen interface running no matter how much punch get shoved in a lock.
    Definitely happy with the last update though.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-19-2014), Krima (02-18-2014), NewdestinyX (02-18-2014), RKO1195 (02-18-2014), Simon (02-19-2014)

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Brittag this is completely off topic but do you know or could you ask Saurik if there is anyway to open safari whilst in Cydia via a link in depiction please. Thank you
    Sure, put target="_open" in the link, like this:
    Code:
    <a href="http://example.com/" target="_open">this should open in Safari</a>
    (Will follow up on other questions later.)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brittag For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-19-2014), RKO1195 (02-18-2014), Simon (02-19-2014), The_Durben (02-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,378 Times in 1,811 Posts

Thanks Gunny and Brittag been wondering this myself

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-19-2014), Simon (02-19-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,517 Times in 6,400 Posts

Yeah, with the power of the devices today, there shouldn't be any issues. Just look at the stuff we were doing 2-3 years ago. We just seem to be regressing a little.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (02-20-2014), Simon (02-19-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Freakdog's Avatar
    Thanks

Good afternoon, all.

I've been having a discussion, over in June's LockBuilder forum, about the following behavior...one other person in that forum has also noted the same behavior. I believe both that person and I are running on an iPhone 5. I'm running iOS 7.0.6.

If I start any audio playback app (iPod, Podcast, SiriusXM, iHeart Radio) anywhere but via bluetooth or control center while in an active Cydget (other than Away View), I get locked into the phone's lockscreen. Pressing the home button will not cycle me through Cydgets.

This also behavior occurs if I open any of the audio apps, lock the screen and then activate the lock screen, as well as if I activate playback using bluetooth devices (headsets, Pebble watch) while the phone is locked.

The only time this does not seem to occur is if I activate playback, using bluetooth, while there's an active notification on the lockscreen, overlaying the Cydget layer. Once I pull down the notification center and raise it to clear the notification, I can cycle through the Cydgets, including the away view, until the screen powers off and is reactivated (home or sleep button).

I've gone through the process of using iCleaner Pro to disable ALL of my mobile substrate addons, but the behavior persisted.

I've put up a video to show what I'm running into:

June's running on a 5s, and is not experiencing this issue, either.

I'm at a loss, at this point, as to what the issue could be...if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.
    Last edited by Freakdog; 03-05-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,008 Times in 3,663 Posts

Also verified same issue on the 5c

17. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Freakdog (03-05-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Poolman1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakdog View Post
    Good afternoon, all.

I've been having a discussion, over in June's LockBuilder forum, about the following behavior...one other person in that forum has also noted the same behavior. I believe both that person and I are running on an iPhone 5. I'm running iOS 7.0.6.

If I start any audio playback app (iPod, Podcast, SiriusXM, iHeart Radio) anywhere but via bluetooth or control center while in an active Cydget (other than Away View), I get locked into the phone's lockscreen. Pressing the home button will not cycle me through Cydgets.

This also behavior occurs if I open any of the audio apps, lock the screen and then activate the lock screen, as well as if I activate playback using bluetooth devices (headsets, Pebble watch) while the phone is locked.

The only time this does not seem to occur is if I activate playback, using bluetooth, while there's an active notification on the lockscreen, overlaying the Cydget layer. Once I pull down the notification center and raise it to clear the notification, I can cycle through the Cydgets, including the away view, until the screen powers off and is reactivated (home or sleep button).

I've gone through the process of using iCleaner Pro to disable ALL of my mobile substrate addons, but the behavior persisted.

I've put up a video to show what I'm running into:

June's running on a 5s, and is not experiencing this issue, either.

I'm at a loss, at this point, as to what the issue could be...if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.
    Since Freakdog explained the problem so well I would just like to add that I am using an iPhone 5 and am having the same issue.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Poolman1 For This Useful Post:

Freakdog (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,591 Times in 4,087 Posts

Me too on iphone5
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Thanks

Well - then clearly the 5S wins the day.. And the 5 and 5C are having a problem. Maybe Saurik and June can work together on figuring out a resolution. Very helpful video, Freakdog.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Freakdog (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,591 Times in 4,087 Posts

Slight bug imagine it's easily fixed
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (03-05-2014), NewdestinyX (03-05-2014)

Thanks

When use groovylock or cydget I cant see notification items, just lockscreen become darker, is there any way to see notifications from ls without pulling down notification? I have no lockhtml3 installed, iphone 5, 7.0.6.

Thanks

Check your other installed tweaks to see if you've got something conflicting.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Freakdog For This Useful Post:

markotak (03-07-2014)

Thanks

Default Conflict with BiteSMS 8
    I've come to realize that issues have been identified between Cydget and BiteSMS which can lead to crashes. I don't know, specifically, what those issues are, but I was wondering if Saurik was aware of them, and if not, wanted to make him aware.

Cydget and JellyLock (obviously not a Saurik product) are listed, and as I consider BiteSMS a critical tweak in my Jailbreak list, I can't use either one until the conflicts/issues are corrected...I'm betting that there are quite a few other folks who will be in the same boat.

Thanks

I've come to realize that issues have been identified between Cydget and BiteSMS which can lead to crashes. I don't know, specifically, what those issues are, but I was wondering if Saurik was aware of them, and if not, wanted to make him aware.

Cydget and JellyLock (obviously not a Saurik product) are listed, and as I consider BiteSMS a critical tweak in my Jailbreak list, I can't use either one until the conflicts/issues are corrected...I'm betting that there are quite a few other folks who will be in the same boat.
    I use both Cydgets and biteSMS on 5S/7.0.6 all day/every day with zero crashes. It's some other tweak causing your issue, Freakdog.

Are you using your Apple passcode lock? Because THAT has been identified as something causing crashes with lock screen animation.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-12-2014 at 04:46 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pioneer88's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,109 Times in 385 Posts

Try this to narrow down the exact tweak that's been causing the crashes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/co..._causing_your/

31. The Following User Says Thank You to pioneer88 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-13-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
    Try this to narrow down the exact tweak that's been causing the crashes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/co..._causing_your/
    That tutorial is not really the full picture. Though it will tell you WHICH dylib (tweak) crashed - it won't tell you you WHY it crashed. For example I can get several tweaks to crash when Flipswitch is installed.. But the symbolicate method shows those individual tweaks crashing - but never mentions Flipswitch. As soon as Flipswitch is uninstalled the other tweaks that were crashing stop crashing. So what are you going to uninstall to stop your crashing? The tweak CAUSING others to crash - or the one that's actually crashing?

So that tutorial oversimplifies the very frustrating situation of finding crash problems.. Many times symbolicate will simply report that springboard has crashed. You can't uninstall your springboard. Lol!!!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-13-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me pioneer88's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,109 Times in 385 Posts

Well I was able to use it to pinpoint the source of the crash 99% of the time and have a crash free device. Which is what I'm sure most people are looking for. It's certainly more useful than simply telling others that you experience no crashes with cydget and bitesms... How does that help him more than symbolicating crash reports which tell you exactly the tweak that crashed?

35. The Following User Says Thank You to pioneer88 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-13-2014)

+ Reply
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast