+ Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydget for iOS 7 (make LockScreen plugins with HTML and Cycript)

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Krima That's a weird issue. Did you happen to have LockHTML 3 at some point and if so, was it the beta? Yes
    Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,791 Times in 3,578 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    That's a weird issue. Did you happen to have LockHTML 3 at some point and if so, was it the beta?
    Yes

Thanks
    Thanked 7,193 Times in 2,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Yes
    Was it a recent beta? Like in the past few days. And do u still have it installed?

Thanks

Was it a recent beta? Like in the past few days.
    This issue has been happening longer than a few days.

As I mentioned I turned off all mobile substrates. Issue was still there.

Do you have this issue? I explained how to test above.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 02-04-2014 at 08:54 PM.

Thanks

I had something similar where it retained an image on the LS even if I didn't have one selected. But I think our issues are not related because I don't have cydget installed.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,491 Times in 4,303 Posts

bump
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Waiting for the update to see if it fixes my constant safe mode crashes.

Thanks

Waiting for the update to see if it fixes my constant safe mode crashes.
    Interesting, Krima, that this morning I've had my 'first random crash' with a LS in Cydgets since my restore. It was running June's latest version of LockBuilder than just released this am for Cydgets. As I've said before - I can run 'all my Cydgets' to date (MJ's, UniAW versions, Marty) ALL without a single crash. But this morning - loading up LockBuilder.. Crash about 2 minutes later.. I cold rebooted my phone and did an iCleanerPro run JUST to make sure there wasn't something weird left behind by Jake's new alpha of NextGen.. And have been stable for 10 minutes.. So we'll see. Don't want to blame anything of LockBuilder yet..

Edited:
    Damn.. crash into safemode upon reboot.. That was a Flipswitch bug in past -- and no more Flipswitch on my phone.. I don't like the way this feels.. I've been crash free for weeks..

Thanks

Ever since I uninstalled Cydget, I haven't had one crash. It's been over a week now. That is a huge change, plus I added a few tweaks since then and I'm still stabłe. I really like some of the backend benefits that cydgets seem to have but not at the expense of stability.

People can say that Cydget isn't the problem but my crash report is plagued with WebCycriptLockScreen errors. Seems like a logical conclusion to come to regarding Cydget being unstable on my phone.

Thanks

Ever since uninstalled Cydget, I haven't had one crash. It's been over a week now. That is a huge change, plus I added a few tweaks since then and I'm still stabłe. I really like some of the backend benefits that cydgets seem to have but not at the expense of stability.

People can say that Cydget isn't the problem but my crash report is plagued with WebCycriptLockScreen errors. Seems like a logical conclusion to come to regarding Cydget being unstable on my phone.
    Oh I hear ya, bro! Stability is EVERYTHING being in iOS7 jailbroken. This has been the most trying jailbreak period I've ever been in since iOS3. So many conflicting reports. My crash report just said biteSMS for the reboot crash. That's a known buggy tweak.. though I HAVE to have it.. I've never had even ONE Cydget crash since my restore. And I've only picked up reports from 4 of you that have had this issue (that doesn't mean there aren't more - of course - though we should be hearing more complaining if it's a ubiquitous bug in Cydgets). You're the only one that's traced it far enough to a Cycript crash in the bug report. I still maintain - that the more logical conclusion, since the vast majority of us are bug free in Cydgets, is:
    1)a person hasn't done a full restore since their first JB - a known issue with causing crashes from some bad file or pref
    2)there's a conflcting tweak with Cydgets common to all phones having crashing with Cydgets.

Those are the only possible conclusions, logically - unless each phone out here interacts with iOS7 in a unique way. And you know me - I'll never accept that explanaion..

Thanks

I have done 2 fresh restores so that theory is out. May very well be a conflicting tweak. Who knows at this point. I'm on Sauriks IRC almost everyday but the most active I have seen that channel is when June was trying to narrow down a bug with Saurik.

Thanks

I have done 2 fresh restores so that theory is out. May very well be a conflicting tweak. Who knows at this point. I'm on Sauriks IRC almost everyday but the most active I have seen that channel is when June was trying to narrow down a bug with Saurik.
    Yeah i need to get savvy with IRC -- such an outdated technology though. I just don't want to add another..

I have done 2 fresh restores so that theory is out.
    I think you mean to convey - 'bad file issues' are not "currently" the issue for you precisely because you've done a restore a couple of times - not that my theory is wrong. There is zero doubt that huge amounts of people had crashing issue with Lockscreens in all 3 players prior to a restore and then have been perfectly stable since. Bad/corrupt file/pref - who gives a damn.. But a restore was the magic cure for all who were constantly crashing with high animation LS.

----------
    And related back to Cydgets -- my biggest problem with the tweak right now is the slow launch of many cydgets (could be in how each is coded) BUT sometimes when I unlock phone - NO CYDGET appears AT ALL.. That's been an issue for me since iOS7 release.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-15-2014 at 08:36 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (02-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,491 Times in 3,957 Posts

I think that Saurik fails to realize that we aren't all on his level of coding. All of the talk about "local storage" and all of this... With the exception of a few, like June, most Modders and widget makers have been doing things the same way with winterboard since iOS 2.0. By giving us the "workarounds" in language that most will not understand, you are effectively cutting out a huge majority if the widget makers in mmi. It's like telling a 5 year old to go sit in a college calculus class... Also, we liked what he's calling a "bug" and that's how we want it to run. But that's not what he wants to do. For simple lock screens and sb widgets, winterboard worked EXACTLY as it was written. I don't want to have to relearn how to do sht... I just wanna do what I've been doing. And not to mention. We still don't have a way to run widgets behind the icons on springboard. I don't know. I'm thinking that it may be a while before things get sorted. I'm really not trying to be negative here. I just REALLY think that winterboard was perfect the way it was, and not all of us are able to be back on iOS 6, as I believe Saurik still is. Cydget and Cycript ARE amazing tools... IF you know how to use them, but the fact is, most of us don't. And ALL that functionality is overkill for most people who just wanna see clouds and rain on their lockscreens and springboards.

Also, June. Yes. I also have same issue as you periodically when hitting the home button and nothing pops on my cydget.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (02-15-2014), NewdestinyX (02-15-2014), Simon (02-15-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I think that Saurik fails to realize that we aren't all on his level of coding. All of the talk about "local storage" and all of this... With the exception of a few, like June, most Modders and widget makers have been doing things the same way with winterboard since iOS 2.0. By giving us the "workarounds" in language that most will not understand, you are effectively cutting out a huge majority if the widget makers in mmi. It's like telling a 5 year old to go sit in a college calculus class... Also, we liked what he's calling a "bug" and that's how we want it to run. But that's not what he wants to do. For simple lock screens and sb widgets, winterboard worked EXACTLY as it was written. I don't want to have to relearn how to do sht... I just wanna do what I've been doing. And not to mention. We still don't have a way to run widgets behind the icons on springboard. I don't know. I'm thinking that it may be a while before things get sorted. I'm really not trying to be negative here. I just REALLY think that winterboard was perfect the way it was, and not all of us are able to be back on iOS 6, as I believe Saurik still is. Cydget and Cycript ARE amazing tools... IF you know how to use them, but the fact is, most of us don't. And ALL that functionality is overkill for most people who just wanna see clouds and rain on their lockscreens and springboards.

Also, June. Yes. I also have same issue as you periodically when hitting the home button and nothing pops on my cydget.
    Very well said. It's time for Saurik to come 'to his people' and meet them where they're at. When a dev with the influence level over all of our lives, like Saurik has, digs in his heels and tries to strong arm thousands and thousands of people into a direction - it's frustrating and wrong especially when he makes a substantive portion of his living from Cydia. He's been an enigmatic personality since the day I read his first post on MMi and what I read on Reddit.

Now having said that -- it would appear iOS7 sent him a curve ball which makes it IMPOSSIBLE for WB to run "like it did" on iOS6.. So I think we just need to kiss the iOS6 functionality goodbye forever. If THAT's what he's trying to communicate with his tech babble -- then we have to accept that and move on to different ways of doing things.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,805 Times in 6,884 Posts

Let's compare shall we.

On one hand you have bushe, making a lockscreen platform. He puts in tons of options accessible to any level of user and makes it so that lockhtml can see and work with widgets from multiple other html platforms and their locations. Everything he has done with lockhtml is to make the user and developer experience better and easier.

Then you have Saurik. Doesn't seem open to suggestions if the suggestions do not cohere with his vision of what the platform should be. He adds so much power and potential into his platform but basically says to the devs and users you need to figure out how to implement it and how to use it best. I get that he is trying to make us raise our games, but that is not how you develop a winning platform. It seems he has missed the point of Apple's philosophy from the get go, that things should "just work". On iOS 6 winterboard "just worked" as we all liked it to. On iOS 7 groovylock and lockhtml for the most part "just work" (if groovylock had touch support I really feel it would be the most popular choice right now for iOS 7). Cydgets on iOS 7 works, but you have to work awfully hard and know a whole lot to get it to "just work" the way most want.

Simple things that make a difference:

Built in lockscreen dimmer: LHMTL-yes; Cydgets-Line must be added in html.
    Easy conversion: LHTML-yes, no conversion needed; Cydgets-info.plist and code must be added for it to work
    File location: LHTML-mobile; Cydgets- System partition (awful placement IMO, but rectified by symlinking from mobile partition).
    Widget placement on LS: LHTML- user option to put in background, behind notifications or in front; Cydgets-placement must be coded into info.plist.

If you haven't started to see a pattern here then look harder. A platform creator should want to make things easier for the people developing with it and using it. Not the other way around. Until Saurik's philosophy on cydgets changes it just will not be the platform of choice for users or developers, it can't be, he has made it too hard to be. I mean look at the back and forth him and myself had in this thread, every suggestion I gave was met with over-explanation as to why I was wrong to ask for such things and preaching for me to better myself and come out of my little box. I am nowhere near the level of Saurik code wise and find it nice that he would want me to up my game to further myself. Most people don't want to do that though.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-15-2014), NewdestinyX (02-15-2014), RKO1195 (02-16-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,363 Times in 5,993 Posts

I think that Saurik loses sight of the fact that this is just a hobby for the vast majority of us.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-15-2014), Simon (02-15-2014), wrussell1989 (02-15-2014)

Thanks

A hobby where people are not willing to learn how to use the languages they use.

LocalStorage is HTML5 are you guys still using HTML 2,3,4?

LocalStorage.setItem("newvalue","5");
    newvalue=LocalStorage.getItem("newvalue");
    alert(newvalue);

Thats all. It will alert 5. Right click, view source in any browser and you will see it is a standard. Using jQuery Cookie is ridiculous now since we have this. It only takes reading a book about changes or even google searches on what changed in html5.

I do agree that I would like to see buttons such as dim delay and hide items.

BUT this is cydget, it uses cycript to run in runtime. These functions can be coded very easily in Cydget, why add them when they can be coded in your lockscreen. Why add them if I try to add them in my lockscreen it causes a conflict?

Cydgets can use preference bundles which no other lockscreen platform can. With minimal implementation. That means you can have all the toggles in the world in settings.app

Even if you have a hobby of flying airplanes. You still read and learn about the new technologies of flying airplanes.

I would like this thread to move forward to bugs with cydget (there are bugs) instead it just pointing to you do not want to learn html, javascript, or obj. That's all I get out of this. You don't want to learn so you think it should be implemented into the platform.

I agree with not putting on the system partition, this was a good suggestion. We could just symlink easily. As Simon mentioned.

I have a huge issue with LockHTML3 caching an xml, so it isn't perfect either.

GroovyLock has no touch, and no LocalStorage.

Cydgets doesn't have fullscreen touch (Unless you have LockHTML3 installed)

These are the huge issues that should be looked at first in my honest opinion.

If this thread was filled with questions (much like uniAW) rather then Saurik doesn't do this or Saurik doesn't do that. I think you would be a lot happier with cydget.

I know these languages I use, I watch videos, read books every day, to further my knowledge. I have never not been willing to help /everyone/ that is posting here now.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 02-15-2014 at 12:52 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

pioneer88 (02-15-2014)

Thanks

I don't want to argue with you June, but its easy for you to dictate as a hobby we should learn more. But this is your job as far as I can see. So being on the forefront of the latest tech is good for your business. As it was stated before, we just want to put some animated weather and some informational data on our devices. There needs to be a simple tool for the rest of us. Most of us work a full time job and have families. We just want to have fun toying around. We don't want to go and get a degree in computer programming to do this.

Best solution is to have a simple platform and an advanced platform.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

23. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Simon (02-15-2014)

Thanks

Built in lockscreen no timeout button, you can add to your lockscreen when using cydgets

html
    <div id="stoptimer" onclick="stoptimer()">StopTimer</div>

javascript/cycript

functions stoptimer(){
    [[SBBacklightController sharedInstance] cancelLockScreenIdleTimer]
    }

Do you not see the power here? If he added a stop button then it would conflict with me putting a button in my html. Which is the ability he has given us all.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I don't want to argue with you June, but its easy for you to dictate as a hobby we should learn more. But this is your job as far as I can see. So being on the forefront of the latest tech is good for your business. As it was stated before, we just want to put some animated weather and some informational data on our devices. There needs to be a simple tool for the rest of us. Most of us work a full time job and have families. We just want to have fun toying around. We don't want to go and get a degree in computer programming to do this.

Best solution is to have a simple platform and an advanced platform.
    I was on the forefront when I had a fulltime job. We are talking about basic HTML5. You don't want to learn to do the latest stuff? You sound more like a user rather than a modder. In my honest opinion. If you want simple, why aren't you in an HTML3 thread? Why are you here? This is advanced as it gets.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 02-15-2014 at 12:52 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

pioneer88 (02-15-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    I was on the forefront when I had a fulltime job. You don't want to learn to do the latest stuff? You sound more like a user rather than a modder. In my honest opinion. If you want simple, why aren't you in an HTML3 thread? Why are you here? This is advanced as it gets.
    I forgot who I was talking to.

I have seen in your threads that this advanced platform is working out just great for you. Now you need to purchase a paid tweak to use your LS. In addition the list of steps to get it to work is just insane.

But you make a good point June, I'm gone.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (02-15-2014)

Thanks

Ever since I uninstalled Cydget, I haven't had one crash. It's been over a week now. That is a huge change, plus I added a few tweaks since then and I'm still stabłe. I really like some of the backend benefits that cydgets seem to have but not at the expense of stability.

Best thing to do is turn all your tweaks off. Then turn them on one by one to find the conflict, or at least report to Saurik a crashlog.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I forgot who I was talking to.

I have seen in your threads that this advanced platform is working out just great for you. Now you need to purchase a paid tweak to use your LS. In addition the list of steps to get it to work is just insane.

But you make a good point June, I'm gone.
    If you missed above, cydget doesn't have fullscreen touch. This is also not released to the public cydia, it is on a private repo waiting on cydget to be updated. The list of instructions is to toggle all these toggles off/on in LockHTML3. Just FYI

//////
    var yoursettings = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithContentsOfFile:@"/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.macciti.myplist.plist"];

if(yoursettings!=null){
    if(TOD == false){do something}
    else{do something else}
    }
    else{written varibles}

all this can be done just as iWidgets option.plist is, but it is put into settings.

Gives you full access to any toggle, toggled in settings. This means you open settings go to your lockscreen and turn on/off whatever you want.

If you don't want to read, ask questions. As you see i'm here all the time. I do not mind live helping you learn some of these techniques. I know a lot, but not all. I don't talk about code with others, and would like to do so. Just ask instead of hating. I really don't get it.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 02-15-2014 at 01:08 PM.