Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Instagram theme help needed

I can't code the files in the Library folder because I can't make winter board overwrite those files in the Instagram app folder.

And it's difficult because I know that winter board can go into other folders than the .app ones. On my old twitter theme, I had two paths:
    Twittertheme>Folders>Twitter.app
    Twittertheme>Folders>PlatformResources.bundle

The weird thing was that the PlatformResources.bundle was located inside of the Twitter.app folder but yet when I placed it outside in my theme, it worked. I'm wondering if there is a certain extension name that I need to put on my Library folder, or the assets folder in order for Instagram to read it correctly.

That path is:
    Instagram>Library>Application Support>Instagram>assets
    Last edited by GeoDude33; 12-30-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GeoDude33 View Post
    I can't code the files in the Library folder because I can't make winter board overwrite those files in the Instagram app folder.

And it's difficult because I know that winter board can go into other folders than the .app ones. On my old twitter theme, I had two paths:
    Twittertheme>Folders>Twitter.app
    Twittertheme>Folders>PlatformResources.bundle

The weird thing was that the PlatformResources.bundle was located inside of the Twitter.app folder but yet when I placed it outside in my theme, it worked. I'm wondering if there is a certain extension name that I need to put on my Library folder, or the assets folder in order for Instagram to read it correctly.

That path is:
    Firstly, WinterBoard doesn't overwrite files, it gives u the ability to hook the runtime bundles to create a duplicate directory to theme those apps etc.

Generally it's ideal if you follow the same directory structure as the app uses in the iOS.

I've always used the Bundles method & found this to work flawlessly, as long as the folder you are trying to theme has a "info.plist" that usually but not always has a "CFBundleIdentifier" field e.g com.apple.mobilesafari"

You then create a folder in your "Bundles" folder named as per the Bundle ID from the info.plist just described.

So it would look like this, YourTheme/Bundles/com.apple.mobilesafari

Place all those pngs from that folder u were talking in com.whatever.thebundleID.is & respring via WB.

Is this for iOS6 or iOS7? WB hasn't been updated for iOS7 yet & Mobile Substrate only got updated within the last few hrs.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks for describing what winter board does first of all

But I'm working on iOS7 theme at the moment, haven't tested on iOS6 at all. The folder, "assets", doesn't have an Info.plist inside at all. Instagram.app does currently so I know what the bundleID is for that folder.

[ Theme/Bundles/com.burbn.instagram ] is the path using the bundles way. It's just that the files I need to code aren't in this bundle, if that makes sense. They're in another folder and within three other folders. I need to get into the assets area shown below.

Instagram>Instagram.app

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

I might have a look, remember WB isn't updated to work with iOS7(no official build has been pushed)so that will be your first major hurdle. You might need to use the folder method then if no info.plist available.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks a lot for posting this thread and answering the same I got my problem resolved without asking that.