+ Reply
Page 88 of 222 FirstFirst ... 38 788687888990 98 138 188 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 4436

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS7x Theme GUIDE

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
ok..thanx anyway
...
  1. #1741
    My iPhone is a Part of Me BootsBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    983
    Thanks
    2,100
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 507 Posts

    ok..thanx anyway

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BootsBrown For This Useful Post:

    dsg (03-13-2014)

  3. #1742
    Livin the iPhone Life cocco26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    3,050
    Thanks
    1,133
    Thanked 4,411 Times in 1,804 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    GameKit WinterBoard update

    After working out yesterday that GameCenter can be themed via .artwork modding I've focused my attention to WinterBoard.

    Pulled up Saurik's source code for it here.

    I'm sure he will be hella stoked, nonetheless the issue I can see is he's not even hooking any GameCenter binaries/header files!

    Attachment 661799

    So I believe he hooks the Xcode binaries & then gets WB to "import" it as u can see here.
    but did you have try on ios7 to?see if that artwork works for it?

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cocco26 For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-14-2014), dsg (03-15-2014), King_O_Hill (03-13-2014)

  5. #1743
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,965
    Thanks
    3,078
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 1,951 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cocco26 View Post
    but did you have try on ios7 to?see if that artwork works for it?
    No .artwork files for GameKit 7X sorry...

    That's right it's now a .car file! ><

    BUT as with the iconCache .artwork files 6X is easier to test with then move to 7X

    All binaries have been dumped...moving into R&D mode...
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 03-13-2014 at 08:49 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-14-2014), dsg (03-13-2014), King_O_Hill (03-13-2014), mcooper (03-13-2014), Sk37cH (03-13-2014)

  7. #1744
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    1,862
    Thanks
    4,421
    Thanked 6,823 Times in 1,587 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    GameKit WinterBoard update

    After working out yesterday that GameCenter can be themed via .artwork modding I've focused my attention to WinterBoard.

    Pulled up Saurik's source code for it here.

    I'm sure he will be hella stoked, nonetheless the issue I can see is he's not even hooking any GameCenter binaries/header files!

    Attachment 661799

    So I believe he hooks the Xcode binaries & then gets WB to "import" it as u can see here.
    Just wanted to give my thoughts on this....and remember, it's only my thoughts

    I think you're moving in the right direction. By looking into the WB binary and identifying the issue at that level, may be just what Jay needs to implement the missing "hooks" where applicable. Thank you again for all your knowledge shared, and the persistent attitude. Cheers.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-14-2014), Jato_BZ (03-13-2014)

  9. #1745
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,965
    Thanks
    3,078
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 1,951 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    Just wanted to give my thoughts on this....and remember, it's only my thoughts

    I think you're moving in the right direction. By looking into the WB binary and identifying the issue at that level, may be just what Jay needs to implement the missing "hooks" where applicable. Thank you again for all your knowledge shared, and the persistent attitude. Cheers.
    Thanks dude! Focusing on the GameKit binaries. Looking at Jays Source code & been bouncing ideas off NGUI Dev @ GroovyCarrot - Jake. He knows all about hooking .h files etc.

    The big problem IS, most of the iDevice's runtime binaries are cached to
    "dyld_shared_cache_armv7s" pretty much like .artwork files.

    So .artwork files are pngs written as one contiguous file & apparently the "dyld_shared_cache_armv7s" is written as a contiguous file but with binaries!

    The good news is, from my research work with the .artwork files & Dave Peck's work is most of these binaries are included within the Xcode app on ya Mac.

    So basically it's a case of tracking those down in the OSX & manipulating them as necessary.

    But without my Mac I have had to reach out further than I normally would. Should have made a back up on my Window PC!

    Will keep ya's posted
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-14-2014), dsg (03-14-2014)

  11. #1746
    My iPhone is a Part of Me BootsBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    983
    Thanks
    2,100
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 507 Posts

    Alfroggy? that lil trick u told me bout the DCIM toggle on apply hierarchically has stopped working...It won't stay turned on

    any ideas?

    I've ran icleaner but only basically what else can I do w/in icleaner

  12. #1747
    What's Jailbreak? thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,995
    Thanks
    380
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 860 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    no it don't...it came with a iwidget so the only file it has is BONNIE.ttf
    so if I dl something via my phone from a font website it will prolly not have these files?

    thanx for helping me
    That file, only, will not cut it. It's actually a long process to turn a downloaded font into a usable Bytafont theme. Obviously, it can be done but might not be worth your time....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Thanks dude! Focusing on the GameKit binaries. Looking at Jays Source code & been bouncing ideas off NGUI Dev @ GroovyCarrot - Jake. He knows all about hooking .h files etc.

    The big problem IS, most of the iDevice's runtime binaries are cached to
    "dyld_shared_cache_armv7s" pretty much like .artwork files.

    So .artwork files are pngs written as one contiguous file & apparently the "dyld_shared_cache_armv7s" is written as a contiguous file but with binaries!

    The good news is, from my research work with the .artwork files & Dave Peck's work is most of these binaries are included within the Xcode app on ya Mac.

    So basically it's a case of tracking those down in the OSX & manipulating them as necessary.

    But without my Mac I have had to reach out further than I normally would. Should have made a back up on my Window PC!

    Will keep ya's posted
    All those words mean absolutely nothing to me....!

    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    I don't have this issue. I am wondering if you all have something in common on your iDevices
    It must be a Texas thing! LOL!
    Last edited by thazsar; 03-14-2014 at 10:25 PM.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-14-2014), BootsBrown (03-14-2014), dsg (03-15-2014)

  14. #1748
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,331
    Thanks
    31,300
    Thanked 8,972 Times in 3,730 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    Alfroggy? that lil trick u told me bout the DCIM toggle on apply hierarchically has stopped working...It won't stay turned on

    any ideas?

    I've ran icleaner but only basically what else can I do w/in icleaner
    So when you toggled that on, did it work ?

    What so you do with your camera roll pics ?

    Do you regularly (actively/frenziedly) cut and paste icons from it in iFile for your custom themeing purposes ?
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    dsg (03-15-2014)

  16. #1749
    My iPhone is a Part of Me BootsBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    983
    Thanks
    2,100
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 507 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    That file, only, will not cut it. It's actually a long process to turn a downloaded font into a usable Bytafont theme. Obviously, it can be done but might not be worth your time....


    It must be a Texas thing! LOL!
    Thazar u r so funny!! Texas THANG son!
    As for the font thang...I have up;( there's a way to do it I found on bytafont BUT it IS a long drawn out process w multiple tools involved sooooooo.

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    That file, only, will not cut it. It's actually a long process to turn a downloaded font into a usable Bytafont theme. Obviously, it can be done but might not be worth your time....


    It must be a Texas thing! LOL!
    Thazar u r so funny!! Texas THANG son!
    As for the font thang...I gave up;( there's a way to do it I found on bytafont BUT it IS a long drawn out process w multiple tools involved sooooooo.

    Alfroggy...it's fine I ain't gonna worry about it, it won't toggle on & stay on..says somethin bout permissions but it goes too fast...I'll just deal w having to go in to each pic site & save it only does it on some of them anyway...so I spose it's ok! I do use this feature A LOT (but not frendzesly (giggle)
    Last edited by BootsBrown; 03-14-2014 at 10:39 PM.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BootsBrown For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-14-2014), dsg (03-15-2014), thazsar (03-14-2014)

  18. #1750
    What's Jailbreak? thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,995
    Thanks
    380
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 860 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    Thazar u r so funny!! Texas THANG son!
    As for the font thang...I have up;( there's a way to do it I found on bytafont BUT it IS a long drawn out process w multiple tools involved sooooooo.



    Thazar u r so funny!! Texas THANG son!
    As for the font thang...I gave up;( there's a way to do it I found on bytafont BUT it IS a long drawn out process w multiple tools involved sooooooo.

    Alfroggy...it's fine I ain't gonna worry about it, it won't toggle on & stay on..says somethin bout permissions but it goes too fast...I'll just deal w having to go in to each pic site & save it only does it on some of them anyway...so I spose it's ok! I do use this feature A LOT (but not frendzesly (giggle)
    What's the issue that's happening and what is this DCIM Toggle, Al?

  19. #1751
    My iPhone is a Part of Me pioneer88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    691
    Thanks
    2,561
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 385 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    Thazar u r so funny!! Texas THANG son!
    As for the font thang...I have up;( there's a way to do it I found on bytafont BUT it IS a long drawn out process w multiple tools involved sooooooo.



    Thazar u r so funny!! Texas THANG son!
    As for the font thang...I gave up;( there's a way to do it I found on bytafont BUT it IS a long drawn out process w multiple tools involved sooooooo.

    Alfroggy...it's fine I ain't gonna worry about it, it won't toggle on & stay on..says somethin bout permissions but it goes too fast...I'll just deal w having to go in to each pic site & save it only does it on some of them anyway...so I spose it's ok! I do use this feature A LOT (but not frendzesly (giggle)
    I don't mind attempting a port if you can provide me with the different styles and weights of the specific font. For example Bonnie Bold.ttf, Bonnie Italic.ttf, Bonnie Thin.ttf etc.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pioneer88 For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-14-2014), BootsBrown (03-15-2014), dsg (03-15-2014)

  21. #1752
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,331
    Thanks
    31,300
    Thanked 8,972 Times in 3,730 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    What's the issue that's happening and what is this DCIM Toggle, Al?
    It's the 'Apply hierarchically' toggle in iFile when changing permissions of a folder (applies them folder-wide).
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    dsg (03-15-2014)

  23. #1753
    What's Jailbreak? thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,995
    Thanks
    380
    Thanked 1,856 Times in 860 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    It's the 'Apply hierarchically' toggle in iFile when changing permissions of a folder (applies them folder-wide).
    I see...so what is it for in regards to the problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
    I don't mind attempting a port if you can provide me with the different styles and weights of the specific font. For example Bonnie Bold.ttf, Bonnie Italic.ttf, Bonnie Thin.ttf etc.
    Boom! There you go!

    And why the heck are you still up, Boots?!?! It's midnight!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 03-14-2014 at 10:56 PM.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-14-2014), BootsBrown (03-15-2014)

  25. #1754
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,331
    Thanks
    31,300
    Thanked 8,972 Times in 3,730 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    Thazar u r so funny!! Texas THANG son!
    I love that song you sang.
    I love thongs in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    I ain't gonna worry about it, it won't toggle on & stay on..says somethin bout permissions but it goes too fast...
    That prompt is the normal process when iFile changes the permissions. It's a hint about the changes actually being applied. When it's that quick to disappear, it's either you've got a tiny folder you're editing permissions on, or a very quick device (blame A4+), or you keep applying changes to a folder which very regularly undergoes that new treatment you've just learned.

    The permissions change done to the folder won't be translated the same to the pics it holds, cause they're pictures I believe, but it should bring back the pic saving ability alright. Until you break it again with your file fumblings in iFile.
    Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    I'll just deal w having to go in to each pic site & save it only does it on some of them anyway...so I spose it's ok! I do use this feature A LOT (but not frendzesly (giggle)
    That's something I do as well : all my theme editing is done in iFile. I'm not a ssh guy.
    Instead of cutting your IMG files as they sit in camera roll, zip'em up individually and cut/paste their .zip files in the required directory paths, unzipping'em overthere. This preserves your camera roll's picture saving properties.

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Boom! There you go!

    And why the heck are you still up, Boots?!?! It's midnight!!!
    She's in a themeing frenzy.

    Seeing the time it is where I live I believe I'm in a helping frenzy.

    Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    What are the tabs at the sides called?
    You can find out about what a tweak installs where in your installed tweak's Cydia's 'Filesystem content' tab

    ImageUploadedByModMyi1394861485.599737.jpg

    Hence :

    Attachment 661981
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 03-14-2014 at 11:31 PM.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    BootsBrown (03-15-2014), dsg (03-15-2014), Jato_BZ (03-15-2014)

  27. #1755
    iPhone? More like MyPhone bozN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    220
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 227 Times in 122 Posts

    Is there any way to disable the slide to unlock completely?
    Prev, based on a technique i heard from AlFroggy, i would replace the slider with a 'regular' file named a png with iFile, which rendered it inop.
    In iOS7, the chevron is cosmetic and really the whole screen moves.

    I have:
    added the flex patch to disable hints (the sideways wiggle when screen is tapped)
    Installed Jellylock7, applied disable normal unlock, which limits action to the jellylock handler.
    Tried the iFile thing to replace the handler, even deleted all handler files and ran iCleaner. No dice.

    I want to open with an activator action but still use some form of tweak in disabling if possible so I can boot w/ extensions disabled in case i mess up.

    I am thinking maybe i should ditch JellyLock in this endaevour as The Katz maybe just makbg sure no idiot locks themselves out, but i still have my original issue... Thoughts?
    Last edited by bozN; 03-15-2014 at 09:41 AM.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bozN For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-15-2014), dsg (03-15-2014)

  29. #1756
    My iPhone is a Part of Me BootsBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    983
    Thanks
    2,100
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 507 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
    I don't mind attempting a port if you can provide me with the different styles and weights of the specific font. For example Bonnie Bold.ttf, Bonnie Italic.ttf, Bonnie Thin.ttf etc.
    Pioneer! I could do this maybe...the font I dl is only one file & idk how to open it..to extract those files u need...it may just only be one style no bold no italic
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1394898169.923656.jpg
    It's the font of the widget in the middle...I'm willing to learn & help anyway I can just instruct me what to do to help u

    Alfroggy!! THONG THA THA THONGS!!
    My my what a helpful Man U are! Yes I do all my stuff on my phone w iFile...I will endeavor to not fumble thru it anymore (scouts honor) I will try it your way!!
    Thanx for the tips!
    Thazsar...I was up because of this fReNzY...I usually stay up late...WHY WERE U UP THAT LATE?!?
    truly y'all are awesome in being patient and helpful w me & I can't tell u how much I appreciate it!
    Last edited by BootsBrown; 03-15-2014 at 09:52 AM.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BootsBrown For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-15-2014), dsg (03-15-2014)

  31. #1757
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,331
    Thanks
    31,300
    Thanked 8,972 Times in 3,730 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bozN View Post
    Is there any way to disable the slide to unlock completely?
    Prev, based on a technique i heard from AlFroggy, i would replace the slider with a 'regular' file named a png with iFile, which rendered it inop.
    In iOS7, the chevron is cosmetic and really the whole screen moves.

    Tried the iFile thing to replace the handler, even deleted all handler files and ran iCleaner. No dice.
    Yeah I tried to. No dice either.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    bozN (03-15-2014), dsg (03-15-2014)

  33. #1758
    dsg
    dsg is offline
    Livin the iPhone Life dsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,830
    Thanks
    3,479
    Thanked 1,980 Times in 772 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    Pioneer! I could do this maybe...the font I dl is only one file & idk how to open it..to extract those files u need...it may just only be one style no bold no italic
    Have you looked for the font family via google?
    Last edited by dsg; 03-15-2014 at 10:40 AM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

    look here all grammar police, indulge me.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

    BootsBrown (03-15-2014)

  35. #1759
    My iPhone is a Part of Me pioneer88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    691
    Thanks
    2,561
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 385 Posts

    ^ it's going to look really bland if you could only provide one style and weight of the font.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pioneer88 For This Useful Post:

    BootsBrown (03-15-2014), dsg (03-15-2014)

  37. #1760
    My iPhone is a Part of Me BootsBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    983
    Thanks
    2,100
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 507 Posts

    Ok pioneer! Lemme do some more digging & see what I find...and thanx for offering

    dsg= the font family is "TrueType"

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to BootsBrown For This Useful Post:

    dsg (03-15-2014)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts