+ Reply
Page 72 of 118 FirstFirst ... 22 627071727374 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2360

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS7x Theme GUIDE

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Ok, next question! In the Settings.app, is there a way to mask the Cydia apps that are installed? For some reason I 'thought' I had masked these before but now
    Thanks

Ok, next question!
    In the Settings.app, is there a way to mask the Cydia apps that are installed? For some reason I 'thought' I had masked these before but now I can't find/figure out what file it would be.

If there isn't a specific file, has anyone heard of a way to theme the items in PreferenceLoader?
    Last edited by thazsar; 02-25-2014 at 01:07 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-25-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,306 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Ok, next question!
    In the Settings.app, is there a way to mask the Cydia apps that are installed? For some reason I 'thought' I had masked these before but now I can't find/figure out what file it would be.

If there isn't a specific file, has anyone heard of a way to theme the items in PreferenceLoader?
    I thought [email protected] strictly applied to AppStore apps? You will need to manually apply the mask effect to each Cydia icon is my thoughts

Yes u drop an "Info.plist" with a bundle ID in there.

Like so

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.Preferences.Settings</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-25-2014 at 01:22 AM.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-25-2014), bozN (02-26-2014), dsg (02-25-2014), Jahooba (02-25-2014), King_O_Hill (02-25-2014), meth357 (02-25-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    I thought [email protected] strictly applied to AppStore apps? You will need to manually apply the mask effect to each Cydia icon is my thoughts

Yes u drop an "Info.plist" with a bundle ID in there.

Like so

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.Preferences.Settings</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    What will putting an info.plist do, though? I'd want to somehow apply a Mask to anything that ended up in PreferenceLoader. I don't want to have to theme every icon because new tweax will always come out so creating a one-time, blanket Mask would make more sense.

Maybe I don't understand how info.plists work but I'm just not sure how creating an Info.plist will hook into PreferenceLoader for my Mask to be applied...

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,138 Times in 5,503 Posts

It won't allow you to apply a mask, but it will allow you to theme them through WB. That's the only way. They won't theme through WB without that plist file.

It was the same on iOS 6.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-25-2014), dsg (02-25-2014), Jato_BZ (02-25-2014), meth357 (02-25-2014)

Thanks

What will putting an info.plist do, though? I'd want to somehow apply a Mask to anything that ended up in PreferenceLoader. I don't want to have to theme every icon because new tweax will always come out so creating a one-time, blanket Mask would make more sense.

Maybe I don't understand how info.plists work but I'm just not sure how creating an Info.plist will hook into PreferenceLoader for my Mask to be applied...
    If u want those icons in the PreferenceLoader to theme via WB u need to add that Info.plist otherwise u will have to theme them manually.
    For theme creators unfortunately there's always been a README attached that requires the end user to drop that info.plist into the PreferencesLoader so that the WB themes can then theme that area. Otherwise you have to have your icons placed in there manually.

I don't think there's anyway for your mask to work. It only works on AppStore icons as far as I know.

Is it hard to save your icons with the masked effect applied similar to what you supplied me? I think that's the only way dude.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-25-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-25-2014), chevymusclecar (02-25-2014), dsg (02-25-2014), Jahooba (02-25-2014), King_O_Hill (02-25-2014), meth357 (02-25-2014)

Thanks

Krima's just a douche they do things very "different" when your below the Mason Dixon line!
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (02-25-2014), Jato_BZ (02-25-2014), Krima (02-25-2014)

Thanks

I could easily mask the icons but for users that have other Cydia apps, I'd have to create all those and I don't want to waste the time doing that cuz some people use retarded tweaks that I'd never put on my phone! LOL!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (02-25-2014), Jahooba (02-25-2014), Jato_BZ (02-25-2014), King_O_Hill (02-25-2014)

Thanks

I could easily mask the icons but for users that have other Cydia apps, I'd have to create all those and I don't want to waste the time doing that cuz some people use retarded tweaks that I'd never put on my phone! LOL!
    U dont need to talk to me about wasting time! 😆

But what about on a request icon basis? Do a batch at once? I don't know.

Quick update guys,

I sent off the relevant info to the Devs that may help with a tool IF WinterBoard is not updated anytime soon.

I also started on the iOS7 iconCache.artwork file (NON RETINA) looks like its fairly simple to crack too...

Hopefully ill have a zip up for that artwork by tonight/tomorrow. Only difference is the icons are 29x29pixels and no "@2x" in the filename

iOS7x Theme GUIDE-iconcache.png
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-25-2014 at 12:34 PM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-25-2014), Bulldog5278 (02-25-2014), dsg (02-25-2014), Jahooba (02-25-2014), King_O_Hill (02-25-2014)

Thanks

Let the users do the work for you. Have them bundle the original icon in a folder with the correct bundle name. Then all your responsible for is just masking the icon.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dsg (02-25-2014), Jato_BZ (02-25-2014), RKO1195 (02-25-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,753 Times in 2,144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Krima's just a douche they do things very "different" when your below the Mason Dixon line!
    King please stay on topic. On this thread we like to stay on point. If you want to fly off the handle and be free to discuss anything and everything, I hear the ConceptLS or Lockbuilder thread are very welcoming to such tendencies.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-25-2014), King_O_Hill (02-25-2014)

Thanks

I was thinking if going there and requesting a nice GPS option, but I was told that I don't need it

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-25-2014), Krima (02-25-2014), NewdestinyX (02-26-2014)

Thanks

Let the users do the work for you. Have them bundle the original icon in a folder with the correct bundle name. Then all your responsible for is just masking the icon.
    I thought about that but you know the average themer would have no idea how to find that info!!! Most of the jailbreakers seem to be just on the surface and diving any deeper scares them!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-25-2014), King_O_Hill (02-25-2014)

Thanks

I thought about that but you know the average themer would have no idea how to find that info!!! Most of the jailbreakers seem to be just on the surface and diving any deeper scares them!
    Deep is good! ><

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-25-2014), King_O_Hill (02-25-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,679 Times in 830 Posts

I think we should have a club house with passwords and secret handshakes, THEN we theme their stuff. Like the Illuminati of themers.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-25-2014), Jato_BZ (02-25-2014), King_O_Hill (02-25-2014), Krima (02-25-2014), menard_00 (02-26-2014)

Thanks

I hear what your saying, but you got a better idea? Look at it this way, we educate a lot of jailbreakers. I'll help out on your thread bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I think we should have a club house with passwords and secret handshakes, THEN we theme their stuff. Like the Illuminati of themers.
    Shhh!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-25-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    That's already happening ;-)

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-25-2014), King_O_Hill (02-26-2014)

Thanks

Hi guys...again

Managed to hex edit/write the 3 JSON files to extract the NON RETINA iconCache.artwork file. Yes same deal unfortunately with this .artwork file with the butchering it into 3 sections and accompanying scripts...ugh

Grab the ZIP for the extracted icons ONLYhere

37 icons @ 29x29px with the "@2x" dropped from the name

iOS7x Theme GUIDE-iconcache_sd_37.png
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-26-2014 at 08:47 AM.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-26-2014), dsg (02-26-2014), King_O_Hill (02-26-2014), Sk37cH (02-26-2014), thazsar (02-26-2014)

Thanks

I hear what your saying, but you got a better idea? Look at it this way, we educate a lot of jailbreakers. I'll help out on your thread bro!

Shhh!
    Maybe the creator of AppInfo needs to add PreferenceLoader into the tweak so it can extract the appropriate info. I'd be more keen on your idea if I knew the 'asker' could give me the stuff first.

Other option would be to create a script that can retrieve this info but the user would need MobileTerminal. I could probably figure out how to write the script but have no clue how to make it an app.
    Last edited by thazsar; 02-26-2014 at 07:05 AM.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-26-2014)

Thanks

Maybe the creator of AppInfo needs to add PreferenceLoader into the tweak so it can extract the appropriate info. I'd be more keen on your idea if I knew the 'asker' could give me the stuff first.

Other option would be to create a script that can retrieve this info but the user would need MobileTerminal. I could probably figure out how to write the script but have no clue how to make it an app.
    You could ask the "Icon Thief" dev to see if he can add an option for settings icons.

But what I described is what most themes do.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-26-2014), Jato_BZ (02-26-2014)

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kylerphillips View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to this thread stuff and how it works however, thanks to @Jato_BZ for inviting me.

So, I was wondering how I'd go about theming UI elements of native iOS7 apps. For example, if I wanted to theme the Shuffle icon in the Music app, how would I locate the respective icon and then theme accordingly. So which folders are needed?

If anyone has/could write up a guide on how to do so, that would be much appreciated.

If I can help in anyway, let me know.

Take care guys.

Kyler
    the Music.app doesn't have a shuffle icon any more it's controlled by the system font and some ugly code overlay, saying that some images can be themed; and are found here:

Manual

System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MediaPlayerUI.framework

Winterboard

Your.theme/Bundles/com.apple.MediaPlayerUI
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-26-2014), Jahooba (02-26-2014), Jato_BZ (02-26-2014), King_O_Hill (02-26-2014)