Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 296

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS7 .car File Extractor / Compactor! Start of a New Theming Platform?

  1. #201
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyNeTT View Post
    Hi, sorry fo English, im from Moscow Russia) I see the attach image, i make a mac os 10.9.1 on virtual mashine, download xcode 5.0.2 but i cant uderstand how to extract *.car files. I see links on main page, download it, see this projects - ios artwork extractor etc... I cant find in xcode, where opening *.car files. Please, can U help me?)
    Hey man.

    If you managed to get XCode up and running ok then all you need to do is run up @0xceds iOS extractor project.

    Visit this page here & grab the extractor Xcode project here

    https://github.com/0xced/iOS-Artwork-Extractor

    As long as you run the Xcode project it will create the pngs & place them in a folder on your desktop.

    That's it. You don't need to open this or that. Just run the Xcode project & let the Xcode project do all the work.

    Hope that helps
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-31-2014), dsg (01-31-2014), King_O_Hill (01-31-2014), RKO1195 (01-31-2014)

  3. #202
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,762
    Thanks
    43,387
    Thanked 18,778 Times in 6,739 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Hey man.

    If you managed to get XCode up and running ok then all you need to do is run up @0xceds iOS extractor project.

    Visit this page here & grab the extractor Xcode project here

    https://github.com/0xced/iOS-Artwork-Extractor

    As long as you run the Xcode project it will create the pngs & place them in a folder on your desktop.

    That's it. You don't need to open this or that. Just run the Xcode project & let the Xcode project do all the work.

    Hope that helps
    Thanks bro!
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-31-2014), dsg (01-31-2014), Jato_BZ (01-31-2014), RKO1195 (01-31-2014)

  5. #203
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,710
    Thanks
    824
    Thanked 2,873 Times in 1,243 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Hey man.

    If you managed to get XCode up and running ok then all you need to do is run up @0xceds iOS extractor project.

    Visit this page here & grab the extractor Xcode project here

    https://github.com/0xced/iOS-Artwork-Extractor

    As long as you run the Xcode project it will create the pngs & place them in a folder on your desktop.

    That's it. You don't need to open this or that. Just run the Xcode project & let the Xcode project do all the work.

    Hope that helps
    So Jato, you have all these artwork files on your computer now?

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (01-31-2014), King_O_Hill (01-31-2014)

  7. #204
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    So Jato, you have all these artwork files on your computer now?
    I only have 7.0.3 artwork, June posted the 7.0.4 artwork files in the 7X theme thread a week or two back.

    Posted here

    http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-themes-discussion/832675-ios7x-theme-guide-%thread_page%-print.html
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 01-31-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (01-31-2014), King_O_Hill (01-31-2014)

  9. #205
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,710
    Thanks
    824
    Thanked 2,873 Times in 1,243 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    I only have 7.0.3 artwork, June posted the 7.0.4 artwork files in the 7X theme thread a week or two back.

    Posted here

    http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-themes-discussion/832675-ios7x-theme-guide-%thread_page%-print.html
    Oh, ok. I was thinking the UIKit artwork files. I already have those files that June posted.

  10. #206
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Oh, ok. I was thinking the UIKit artwork files. I already have those files that June posted.
    Were the UIKit artwork files not in the 7.0.4 zip?
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  11. #207
    Jato is there any mention of the new iOS7 nav bars in the any of the car files? All I want to go is darken all the white to maybe a light gray. I've seen the Eclipse tweak but not quite what I want.

  12. #208
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    Jato is there any mention of the new iOS7 nav bars in the any of the car files? All I want to go is darken all the white to maybe a light gray. I've seen the Eclipse tweak but not quite what I want.
    YES

    [email protected] - 2x88px

    [email protected] - 2x148px

    [email protected] - 2x64px

    [email protected] - 2x108px

    See if they work. From 7.0.3

    BTW They were all that "lovely" white! ><
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-01-2014 at 03:29 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-01-2014), DannyZ83 (02-01-2014), dsg (02-01-2014), King_O_Hill (02-01-2014)

  14. #209
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,710
    Thanks
    824
    Thanked 2,873 Times in 1,243 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Were the UIKit artwork files not in the 7.0.4 zip?
    I don't think I saw them. This looked like all the artwork files we can already see w/out .car extraction. I could be wrong and may have just missed them

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (02-01-2014)

  16. #210
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I don't think I saw them. This looked like all the artwork files we can already see w/out .car extraction. I could be wrong and may have just missed them
    Was the below folders in the 7.0.4 zip

    UIKit framework UIKit_NewArtwork
    UIKit framework UIKit_OriginalArtwork

    That contains all the UIImages
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    dsg (02-01-2014), King_O_Hill (02-01-2014)

  18. #211
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,710
    Thanks
    824
    Thanked 2,873 Times in 1,243 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Was the below folders in the 7.0.4 zip

    UIKit framework UIKit_NewArtwork
    UIKit framework UIKit_OriginalArtwork

    That contains all the UIImages
    I dont think they were. I was looking for a folder that said UIKit but don't recall seeing anything. Like I said...I could be wrong.

    What I still wonder, though, is where the artwork is for the folder icons. I know FolderIcons has been released but when you tap on a folder (or app, for that matter) you will still see the shape of the folder icon (or app). I'm wondering how that can be removed...

    I was 'hoping' it might be in the UIKit even though I know it's not supposed to be there.

  19. #212
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,762
    Thanks
    43,387
    Thanked 18,778 Times in 6,739 Posts

    I thought folder icons were code.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-02-2014), dsg (02-02-2014), Jato_BZ (02-02-2014)

  21. #213
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I dont think they were. I was looking for a folder that said UIKit but don't recall seeing anything. Like I said...I could be wrong.

    What I still wonder, though, is where the artwork is for the folder icons. I know FolderIcons has been released but when you tap on a folder (or app, for that matter) you will still see the shape of the folder icon (or app). I'm wondering how that can be removed...

    I was 'hoping' it might be in the UIKit even though I know it's not supposed to be there.
    If those two items aren't in that 7.0.4 zip then u are missing crucial UIImages.

    I believe the FolderIcons is code IMO. It'll be a small circular png if it is a png that is sliced horizontally & vertically then the blur effect applied.

    I didnt see it in the UIKit, originally in the 7.0 beta files it existed within the SpringBoard app like it did in iOS6.

    It is most likely dedicated code like the PSG Groupcells from iOS6 (think the white table cells in the Settings menu etc)

    This is it in 7.0 beta 1

    ImageUploadedByModMyi1391321442.966876.jpg
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-02-2014 at 12:10 AM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-02-2014), dsg (02-02-2014)

  23. #214
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,710
    Thanks
    824
    Thanked 2,873 Times in 1,243 Posts

    If they are code, then that really sucks! I wish someone could isolate that string and delete it!!! LOL!

  24. #215
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    If they are code, then that really sucks! I wish someone could isolate that string and delete it!!! LOL!
    I think it's more than just a string dude.

    Here's what I dumped from the SpringBoard compiled binary.

    ImageUploadedByModMyi1391370710.532761.jpg

    Multiple .h (header) files relating to the SB Folder icon.

    The below is just from the "SBFolderIconImageView.h"

    /*
    * Generated by class-dump 3.1.2.
    *
    * class-dump is Copyright (C) 1997-1998, 2000-2001, 2004-2007 by Steve Nygard.
    */

    #import "SBIconImageView.h"

    #import "SBFolderIconObserver-Protocol.h"
    #import "SBIconBlurryBackgroundViewObserver-Protocol.h"

    @class NSMutableArray, SBFloatyFolderView, SBFolderIconBackgroundView, UIView, _SBIconGridWrapperView;

    @interface SBFolderIconImageView : SBIconImageView <SBFolderIconObserver, SBIconBlurryBackgroundViewObserver>
    {
    SBFolderIconBackgroundView *_backgroundView;
    UIView *_pageGridContainer;
    _SBIconGridWrapperView *_leftWrapperView;
    _SBIconGridWrapperView *_rightWrapperView;
    NSMutableArray *_pageElements;
    unsigned int _currentPageIndex;
    SBFloatyFolderView *_crossfadeFolderView;
    UIView *_crossfadeScalingView;
    BOOL _animating;
    }

    - (void)_showRightMinigrid;
    - (void)_showLeftMinigrid;
    - (void)_setPageElementsid)fp8;
    - (void)_setupGridViewsInDefaultConfiguration;
    - (id)_currentPageElement;
    - (id)_folderIcon;
    - (struct CGSize)_interiorGridSizeClipRect;
    - (struct CGSize)_interPageSpacing;
    - (Class)_iconGridImageClass;
    - (void)_performScrollingMovingToLeftBOOL)fp8 movingToRightBOOL)fp12 targetPageIndexunsigned int)fp16 targetPageScrollRowunsigned int)fp20 newLeftElementid)fp24 newRightElementid)fp28 animatedBOOL)fp32;
    - (void)_updateRasterization;
    - (void)_setAnimatingBOOL)fp8;
    - (void)blurryBackgroundViewDidChangeWhetherBlurringid)fp8;
    - (void)folderIconid)fp8 didUpdateGridImageid)fp12 forListIndexunsigned int)fp16 forContainedIconImageUpdateid)fp20;
    - (void)cleanupAfterFloatyFolderCrossfade;
    - (void)setFloatyFolderCrossfadeFractionfloat)fp8;
    - (void)prepareToCrossfadeWithFloatyFolderViewid)fp8 allowFolderInteractionBOOL)fp12;
    - (void)setSuppressesBlurryBackgroundChangesBOOL)fp8;
    - (void)setWallpaperRelativeCenterstruct CGPoint)fp8;
    - (void)setBackgroundScalefloat)fp8;
    - (id)backgroundView;
    - (void)setBackgroundAndIconGridImageAlphafloat)fp8;
    - (void)setIconGridImageAlphafloat)fp8;
    - (struct CGRect)frameForMiniIconAtIndexPathid)fp8;
    - (struct CGRect)visibleImageRelativeFrameForMiniIconAtIndexunsigned int)fp8;
    - (struct CGRect)frameForMiniIconAtIndexunsigned int)fp8;
    - (unsigned int)lastVisibleMiniIconIndex;
    - (unsigned int)centerVisibleMiniIconIndex;
    - (unsigned int)firstVisibleMiniIconIndex;
    - (unsigned int)visibleMiniIconListIndex;
    - (unsigned int)visibleMiniIconCount;
    - (void)scrollToGapOrTopIfFullOfPageunsigned int)fp8 animatedBOOL)fp12;
    - (void)scrollToTopOfPageunsigned int)fp8 animatedBOOL)fp12;
    - (void)scrollToFirstGapAnimatedBOOL)fp8;
    - (void)scrollToTopOfFirstPageAnimatedBOOL)fp8;
    - (void)layoutSubviews;
    - (id)snapshot;
    - (void)prepareForReuse;
    - (void)updateImageAnimatedBOOL)fp8;
    - (id)darkeningOverlayImage;
    - (id)_generateSquareContentsImage;
    - (id)contentsImage;
    - (void)dealloc;
    - (id)initWithFramestruct CGRect)fp8;

    @end
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-02-2014), dsg (02-02-2014), King_O_Hill (02-02-2014)

  26. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    I only have 7.0.3 artwork, June posted the 7.0.4 artwork files in the 7X theme thread a week or two back.

    Posted here

    iOS7x Theme GUIDE - Page 32

    Jato, do you have a direct link to the extracted 7.0.4 car files? (Do they even exist?)
    Last edited by Jahooba; 02-04-2014 at 12:02 PM.

  27. #217
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Jato, do you have a direct link to the extracted 7.0.4 car files? (Do they even exist?)
    Sorry I don't dude. I only managed to get 7.0.3. Not sure why it doesn't pick it up as 7.0.4.

    I haven't posted any links as technically that breaches the NDA of Apple's terms for a developer a/c.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-04-2014), Jahooba (02-04-2014), King_O_Hill (02-04-2014)

  29. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Sorry I don't dude. I only managed to get 7.0.3. Not sure why it doesn't pick it up as 7.0.4.

    I haven't posted any links as technically that breaches the NDA of Apple's terms for a developer a/c.
    Strange it's still so hard to find. Some themes are using file names that can only be found in the .car files, so it's possible to extract (right?).

    I wasn't aware of that NDA thing, but that's why God invented PM's and email

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (02-04-2014)

  31. #219
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Strange it's still so hard to find. Some themes are using file names that can only be found in the .car files, so it's possible to extract (right?).

    I wasn't aware of that NDA thing, but that's why God invented PM's and email
    Yip but only core .car files. AND its via the post I posted in the 6X guide(after iOS7 beta dropped) when Dave Peck mentioned you may need a Dev a/c to run @0xceds extractor Xcode project in conjunction with the iOS7SDK(Dev tools). There's also the debugging method in WB with syslogd etc that creates logs of the pngs being called on in real time.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (02-04-2014), Jahooba (02-04-2014), King_O_Hill (02-04-2014)

  33. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    There's also the debugging method in WB with syslogd etc that creates logs of the pngs being called on in real time.
    Oh, man, of course! I've been running that for the last couple of weeks - time to see what I've collected

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (02-04-2014)

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •