+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chatkit theming problems

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum and first off I'd like to thank all of you for this really great work and all the support. Some background: Recently I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Chatkit theming problems
    Hello everybody.

I'm new to this forum and first off I'd like to thank all of you for this really great work and all the support.

Some background:
    Recently I decided to start theming my iPhone. I have been using various themes through winterboard for quite some time already but now I want to do something on my own. The idea is do create a complete theme which should look uniform throughout the whole system.
    I know it will be a lot of work, if I ever manage to finish it at all...

The theme should be designed for the use with a JB (German) iPhone 4S running on iOS 6.1.

I do have some basic understanding on how things work and all the rest I'm trying to learn as I progress (or don't).

Currently I'm trying to work on a full chatkit conversion and met the following obstacles where I would need your help.

1: I can't manage to change the bubble surrounding the image sent or received by an MMS. No matter what I do it remains the stock bubble. It also doesn't change for any downloaded (free) theme I've tried so far.

2: I really would like to change the font (style, color, espacially shadow). I know it is possible to change the system font through tweaks like BytaFont but (as far as I know) it is not possible to affect font color or font shadow. I have read through hundreds of articles to no avail. On the other hand I know it is possible to paste pre-formatted text from 3rd party apps (like pimp my text) into a message. Although they will be send as MMS, it shows that the text can be affected somehow. Any idea on how they do that?

3: I already have a themed status bar and a backgroud image in the chatkit. They both have the same pattern (carbon look, the fibers are running under 45 degree angle). In portrait mode they match perfectly but if I rotate to landscape mode, the status bar pattern seems to be stretched to fit the screen width. The patterns no longer match and it looks awful. The background image remains unaffected, though. If I try to make the status bar image wider, it will be compressed in portrait mode but looks ok in landscape. Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks in advance. Your help will be much appreciated!
    Cheers, Mad-One

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,049 Times in 6,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mad-one View Post
    Hello everybody.

I'm new to this forum and first off I'd like to thank all of you for this really great work and all the support.

Some background:
    Recently I decided to start theming my iPhone. I have been using various themes through winterboard for quite some time already but now I want to do something on my own. The idea is do create a complete theme which should look uniform throughout the whole system.
    I know it will be a lot of work, if I ever manage to finish it at all...

The theme should be designed for the use with a JB (German) iPhone 4S running on iOS 6.1.

I do have some basic understanding on how things work and all the rest I'm trying to learn as I progress (or don't).

Currently I'm trying to work on a full chatkit conversion and met the following obstacles where I would need your help.

1: I can't manage to change the bubble surrounding the image sent or received by an MMS. No matter what I do it remains the stock bubble. It also doesn't change for any downloaded (free) theme I've tried so far.

2: I really would like to change the font (style, color, espacially shadow). I know it is possible to change the system font through tweaks like BytaFont but (as far as I know) it is not possible to affect font color or font shadow. I have read through hundreds of articles to no avail. On the other hand I know it is possible to paste pre-formatted text from 3rd party apps (like pimp my text) into a message. Although they will be send as MMS, it shows that the text can be affected somehow. Any idea on how they do that?

3: I already have a themed status bar and a backgroud image in the chatkit. They both have the same pattern (carbon look, the fibers are running under 45 degree angle). In portrait mode they match perfectly but if I rotate to landscape mode, the status bar pattern seems to be stretched to fit the screen width. The patterns no longer match and it looks awful. The background image remains unaffected, though. If I try to make the status bar image wider, it will be compressed in portrait mode but looks ok in landscape. Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks in advance. Your help will be much appreciated!
    Cheers, Mad-One
    1. Change the image files:

2. Not possible

3. Yes, that is how it works

I hope this helps!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (09-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    1. Change the image files:
    Well, that was my idea, too. In fact I have changed all of those files. There is absolutely no effect whatsoever. Not even after wiping the cache.

2. Not possible
    It has to be possible, since the shadow needs to be defined somewhere (most likely deep within the core code). I really wish somebody would finally find it...

3. Yes, that is how it works
    Yes, I've noticed that quite obviously, but can it be changed somehow?

Cheers, Mad-One