+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does creating custom Icon Packs for Cydia require programming knowledge?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I'd like to try my hand at creating a custom icon pack for iOS, but don't exactly know what steps I should take in order to distribute both Free and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb Does creating custom Icon Packs for Cydia require programming knowledge?
    I'd like to try my hand at creating a custom icon pack for iOS, but don't exactly know what steps I should take in order to distribute both Free and Paid versions of it on Cydia.

I have read a couple tutorials on this forum, but they seem to focus more on customizing icons for yourself.

Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction? Keep in mind this is only for custom icons. I don't plan on going all out with theming other parts of the OS.

I understand the time it takes for the labor, but in terms of packaging the icons, sending it to Cydia, having it work properly, providing updates, etc... I'm pretty clueless.

HALP!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,860 Posts

Look at the Dev Portal on this site. There is a FAQ section. Usually the repo u submit it to handles the packaging as a .deb file. U just zip as u would expect the iOS to use it. Paid themes take longer to get approved AND must be your own work e.g not off google etc. hope that helps.
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different