+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with theming the mail and notes app

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hello board. I am trying to theme the mail and notes app for the iphone 4 on ios6. I already have the themefolder/bundles/com.apple.mobilemail/*mobilemail.app* Folder setup with a few images edited.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Help with theming the mail and notes app
    Hello board. I am trying to theme the mail and notes app for the iphone 4 on ios6. I already have the themefolder/bundles/com.apple.mobilemail/*mobilemail.app* Folder setup with a few images edited. I install my theme respring, open the mail app and nothing has changed. I dont know what im doing wrong . can someone help me please? should I ectract the images that I want to change then save those in my uiiimages folder instead?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,113 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chantelbelle View Post
    Hello board. I am trying to theme the mail and notes app for the iphone 4 on ios6. I already have the themefolder/bundles/com.apple.mobilemail/*mobilemail.app* Folder setup with a few images edited. I install my theme respring, open the mail app and nothing has changed. I dont know what im doing wrong . can someone help me please? should I ectract the images that I want to change then save those in my uiiimages folder instead?
    Is your bundles folder named with an Uppercase B so...

YourTheme/Bundles/com.apple.mobilemail

It won't theme with a lowercase b, you need to observe how things are named in the iOS to theme it correctly & yes files/folders are Case Sensitive.

Some of the [email protected]k (UIImages) pngs are utilised in the mail app YES.

They go in YourTheme/UIImages if themeing via WinterBoard.

If you theme via folders it needs to go like YourTheme/Folders/MobileMail.app

My advice would be to stick to the Bundles method due to the iOS natively utilising the Bundles method.

You shouldn't have any issues if you observe the correct Bundle ID's which is contained within the specific app's Info.plist you're themeing.

Look for "CFBundleIdentifier" via iFile as it displays the Bundle ID required to theme via the Bundles method.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 06-23-2013 at 07:53 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor