+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard theming problem.

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Im trying to change the "slide up icon" in Atom. I,ve tried every otion i can think of with Winterboard and im stuck. I can obviously change the icon manually
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Winterboard theming problem.
    Im trying to change the "slide up icon" in Atom.
    I,ve tried every otion i can think of with Winterboard and im stuck. I can obviously change the icon manually through iFile/Winscp, but im hoping to put my theme on Cydia for use with Winterboard.

So far i,ve figured out that the icons for Atom are found in Library/atom/images, and the Bundle identifier is "com.flawless.atom".

I,ve tried putting my themed icons in Bundles/com.flawless.atom/ & also tried "Folders/com.flawless.atom/, i,ve even tried including "images" after "com.flawless.atom" in the directory, but nothing works!

I,ve have even tried "iWipe" to remove images/icons to get my icons to show.

What am i missing?...pleeeeeeease help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

This could be some fairly simple things overlooked. Whether you have Summerboard enabled or not can sometimes effect how your theme displays. Also when you added the bundle folder in did you uncheck then recheck the theme in Winterboard before you resprang your device? It sounds like you have it right with /Bundles/com.flawless.atom/ assuming that is indeed the correct identifier, so I don't think your problem is with your structure.

Btw thanks for Atoms directory, you saved me a bit of time. I was going to change the same icon (only through iFile as I don't use Winterboard anymore) but I just hadn't got around to it yet. Looks like I'll be doing it today
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-27-2013 at 07:17 AM.
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cheers for the reply.
    Yep, I have tried all that, and I'm sure "com.flawless.atom" is correct as I got it from the "plist" file.
    For my own phone, I, like you, theme it manually as I found I have less problems with lag or flashes of original images before my own are set with Winterboard.
    Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,034 Posts

Can it be themed via WB? That's the question. There could be incompatibility issues as some tweaks have to be manually themed or require modded info.plists.

If you're sure you have everything correct then it should unless there is an incompatibility issue.

Just my thoughts.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

mmmmmmmm, i did give that a fleeting thought JB, but i thought as atom has such a simple file structure (at least for the images ), it should theme with Winterboard.

Thanks

I did look for awhile at all the places atom gets installed to. There are 2 plists. (one for preference loader and another for determining what icons are displayed on your lockscreen) Both are called com.flawless.atom and neither contain a bundle identifier string. So I think Jato is right about not being able to theme it.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,034 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    I did look for awhile at all the places atom gets installed to. There are 2 plists. (one for preference loader and another for determining what icons are displayed on your lockscreen) Both are called com.flawless.atom and neither contain a bundle identifier string. So I think Jato is right about not being able to theme it.
    The Dev might have to supply theming ability in a future build perhaps?
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    Looks like i made a mistake with what i thought was the bundle identifier! ....should have read Sauriks guide on Winterboard properly!

Thanks anyway guys....i'll leave mine themed manually.

Thanks

Hey man I did some more looking around and found another plist for atom. Idk if this will work for sure, but try making a com.apple.springboard bundle and put your icon_slide_up@2x in there and see if it works.