+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Squared icons on iPhone! Need Assistance!

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I was theming my iPhone and I was getting a black background on my icons where it was supposed to be invisible, so I read that I could delete the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Squared icons on iPhone! Need Assistance!
    I was theming my iPhone and I was getting a black background on my icons where it was supposed to be invisible, so I read that I could delete the files in "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework" and I did, but now I replaced the files and I'm getting squared icons! Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 2,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0592 View Post
    I was theming my iPhone and I was getting a black background on my icons where it was supposed to be invisible, so I read that I could delete the files in "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework" and I did, but now I replaced the files and I'm getting squared icons! Any ideas how to fix this?
    Never DELETE!! Rename!! Well the phone is responding to how you have set it up. E.g no masks. App Store icons are 114x114 squared. The AppIconMask has rounded radius's to give the effect of the Apple looking rounded ones.

Also those files need to be saved as PNG-24 for some reason in Photoshop
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Never DELETE!! Rename!! Well the phone is responding to how you have set it up. E.g no masks. App Store icons are 114x114 squared. The AppIconMask has rounded radius's to give the effect of the Apple looking rounded ones.

Also those files need to be saved as PNG-24 for some reason in Photoshop
    So what do you recommend me to do? I mean can I revert this stupidity or will I have to stick to the squared black icons until I restore?

I already replaced the MobileIcons.framework png's where they were supposed to be. When I respring the icons look squared and have this strange black background, and when I rename the AppIconMask the black square disappears but the squared icons are still there
    Last edited by Daniel0592; 03-08-2013 at 11:28 PM.