+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Theme to make normal SMS look like iMessages?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Anyone know if there is a theme available to make normal SMS messages look like iMessages. The blue chat bubbles and the blue send button?
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Question Theme to make normal SMS look like iMessages?
    Anyone know if there is a theme available to make normal SMS messages look like iMessages. The blue chat bubbles and the blue send button?

  2. #2
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,876
    Thanks
    2,967
    Thanked 5,250 Times in 1,865 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Anyone know if there is a theme available to make normal SMS messages look like iMessages. The blue chat bubbles and the blue send button?
    That's not a major to do yourself. Do you have iFunbox or iFile on your phone. Are you not worried that that both lots of bubbles and send buttons will be blue once modded?
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    That's not a major to do yourself. Do you have iFunbox or iFile on your phone. Are you not worried that that both lots of bubbles and send buttons will be blue once modded?
    I do have iFile, how would I go about doing it myself? I am just looking to change the outgoing SMS bubbles and the send button to the iMessage blue, keeping the incoming gray.

  4. #4
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,876
    Thanks
    2,967
    Thanked 5,250 Times in 1,865 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    I do have iFile, how would I go about doing it myself? I am just looking to change the outgoing SMS bubbles and the send button to the iMessage blue, keeping the incoming gray.
    Either you can do it as a theme as you would like (more difficult) or you could just do it within the SMS app itself.

    Which option do you think would suit u?
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  5. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Either you can do it as a theme as you would like (more difficult) or you could just do it within the SMS app itself.

    Which option do you think would suit u?
    I have never made a theme before so I would say doing it within the app itself.

  6. #6
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,876
    Thanks
    2,967
    Thanked 5,250 Times in 1,865 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    I have never made a theme before so I would say doing it within the app itself.
    Ok...

    Open up iFile, we need to navigate to the SMS app folder

    Once iFile is open scroll to the bottom and look for "var" in blue. It's a Symlink that's why it's blue.

    Click on that, new menu opens and scroll down to "stash" click on that, u will see "Applications.xxXXx" click on that.

    We are now on the Native App section of the iPhone.

    Scroll down to "MobileSMS.app" click on that.

    With me so far?
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  7. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Ok...

    Open up iFile, we need to navigate to the SMS app folder

    Once iFile is open scroll to the bottom and look for "var" in blue. It's a Symlink that's why it's blue.

    Click on that, new menu opens and scroll down to "stash" click on that, u will see "Applications.xxXXx" click on that.

    We are now on the Native App section of the iPhone.

    Scroll down to "MobileSMS.app" click on that.

    With me so far?
    Yup got it

  8. #8
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,876
    Thanks
    2,967
    Thanked 5,250 Times in 1,865 Posts

    Oops I set u wrong. I just went to it.

    U need to go to right back to the start. Where the "var" folder was.

    Then go /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework

    Let me know when there. We are in the right place now!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Oops I set u wrong. I just went to it.

    U need to go to right back to the start. Where the "var" folder was.

    Then go /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework

    Let me know when there. We are in the right place now!
    Im there

  10. #10
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,876
    Thanks
    2,967
    Thanked 5,250 Times in 1,865 Posts

    Ok now scroll down till you find "[email protected]"

    This is the iMessage ballon displayed in the SMS window.

    We need to copy this file

    So go in this order

    Hit "edit" top right
    Click the grey circle to the left of "[email protected]" and a red tick symbol will appear
    Click the bottom right "clipboard" symbol
    Select "Copy/Link" on the menu that pops up.
    Click the "clipboard" bottom right again
    Select "paste"
    Select "rename" when the alert pops up.

    With me so far?
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  11. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Ok now scroll down till you find "[email protected]"

    This is the iMessage ballon displayed in the SMS window.

    We need to copy this file

    So go in this order

    Hit "edit" top right
    Click the grey circle to the left of "[email protected]" and a red tick symbol will appear
    Click the bottom right "clipboard" symbol
    Select "Copy/Link" on the menu that pops up.
    Click the "clipboard" bottom right again
    Select "paste"
    Select "rename" when the alert pops up.

    With me so far?
    yes got it

  12. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yes got it

  13. #13
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,876
    Thanks
    2,967
    Thanked 5,250 Times in 1,865 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    yes got it
    Cool, next we will rename the original green balloon used so it's NOT used.

    Locate "[email protected]"
    Rename it to say "[email protected]"
    You do this by clicking on the blue arrow chevron next to the [email protected] file name.
    Then once the menu has popped up from below we can rename the file.
    Click on the "[email protected]" filename at the top of the menu.
    Now move the blinking character cursor to just after the "1" in the [email protected] filename. Hit backspace on your keypad and type "Green" it should now appear as "[email protected]"

    Hit "Done" in the top right. The file is now changed from "[email protected]" to now "[email protected]"

    Now repeat the same steps for the copy of "Balloon_Blue@2x (1).png" but change it to "[email protected]" and then hit "done"

    Try respringing and seeing if it has changed the old green bubbles to blue.

    Let me know
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    jmcc (02-19-2013)

  15. #14
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Cool, next we will rename the original green balloon used so it's NOT used.

    Locate "[email protected]"
    Rename it to say "[email protected]"
    You do this by clicking on the blue arrow chevron next to the [email protected] file name.
    Then once the menu has popped up from below we can rename the file.
    Click on the "[email protected]" filename at the top of the menu.
    Now move the blinking character cursor to just after the "1" in the [email protected] filename. Hit backspace on your keypad and type "Green" it should now appear as "[email protected]"

    Hit "Done" in the top right. The file is now changed from "[email protected]" to now "[email protected]"

    Now repeat the same steps for the copy of "Balloon_Blue@2x (1).png" but change it to "[email protected]" and then hit "done"

    Try respringing and seeing if it has changed the old green bubbles to blue.

    Let me know
    Wow! Yes it worked great! Now there is only the send button still green!

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Wow! Yes it worked great! Now there is only the send button still green!
    Actually i just repeated what you showed me on the send and send pressed buttons and it worked like a charm! Thanks to you. You have been very helpful jato
    Last edited by jmcc; 02-19-2013 at 08:52 PM.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcc For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (02-19-2013)

  17. #15
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,876
    Thanks
    2,967
    Thanked 5,250 Times in 1,865 Posts

    Perfect! That's exactly what I was going to tell you to do next! Good work. Happy to help!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  18. #16
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hey Jato, id like to take this one step further and now change the gray to green if thats possible. And thanks

  19. #17

  20. #18
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Yes sir, thanks much I've got it all finished up except the send buttons. There's green and blue and has me confused lol.

  21. #19
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,876
    Thanks
    2,967
    Thanked 5,250 Times in 1,865 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by wvoutlaw View Post
    Yes sir, thanks much I've got it all finished up except the send buttons. There's green and blue and has me confused lol.
    Ok same as the chat bubbles in a sense blue/green versions

    Locate

    [email protected] (blue)
    [email protected]. (green)

    and change them how u need them to look.

    Same goes for the pressed variants named

    [email protected]
    [email protected]

    Respectively

    See how u go
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-22-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  22. #20
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Heck ya, thank u very much Jato. U are very helpful. This is my first iPhone and since the JB. I'm loving this phone and want to mode it more and more. I'm hoping someone updates that turquesa theme by BoubakAy.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts