Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4s issues post 6.1 update

Default Iphone 4s issues post 6.1 update
    Having (awful) issues with replacing the square stock-mail-icon with the more-fun 'epic cartoon theme' mail icon, (I've tried replacing the appropriate .png files in file as well as disk aid <following various Iphone 4s tutorials> but have gotten nowhere. Some conflicting advice followed after locating these through var-stash-themes, such as capitalizing the "i" in Icon, which didn't do the trick.

Additionally, and perhaps more vitally, all kinds of incompatibility issues continue to arise when using past tweaks (Vwallpaper, Springvibe etc.) but the worst hiccup is my in-call home-screen going to sleep and being unable to awaken to return after call waiting tone comes in, rendering new incoming call alerts or text-alerts impossible to see...). (I realize some old tweaks just aren't compatible with new iOS but am super frustrated, & would appreciate help from anyone..! Thank you, geniuses.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,495 Times in 7,089 Posts

I don't know about springvibe but am almost certain vwallpaper doesn't work anymore. That is probably causing some issues.

Yes, I'm inclined to agree. Probably my favorite "check out my bad-*** jailbreak" tweak so that's sad - perhaps they'll update. Your thoughts are appreciated on any other cranium bending (to me, anyway) issues as well, Simon...

Thanks
    Thanked 15,495 Times in 7,089 Posts

Not sure of the mail icon issue. That theme probably isn't 6.1 fully compatible so that may explain it. I'm not a big themer though so not sure what files have to be changed to do it manually. Maybe one of the themers around here can chime in to help.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MLM View Post
    Having (awful) issues with replacing the square stock-mail-icon with the more-fun 'epic cartoon theme' mail icon, (I've tried replacing the appropriate .png files in file as well as disk aid but have gotten nowhere. Some conflicting advice followed after locating these through var-stash-themes, such as capitalizing the "i" in Icon, which didn't do the trick.

Additionally, and perhaps more vitally, all kinds of incompatibility issues continue to arise when using past tweaks (Vwallpaper, Springvibe etc.) but the worst hiccup is my in-call home-screen going to sleep and being unable to awaken to return after call waiting tone comes in, rendering new incoming call alerts or text-alerts impossible to see...). (I realize some old tweaks just aren't compatible with new iOS but am super frustrated, & would appreciate help from anyone..! Thank you, geniuses.
    Well it is "[email protected]" in both iOS 5.1.1 & iOS 6+

Do you have it on a 118x120px canvas? If its 114x114px it won't theme. The icon can be 114x114px but that needs to be placed on a 118x120px canvas.

Goes in:
    /var/stash/YourTheme/Bundles/com.apple.mobilemail

See how u go.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Simon (02-18-2013)