Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's wrong with Iconoclasm Layout Maker on iP5?

Default What's wrong with Iconoclasm Layout Maker on iP5?
    Hey gang,
    Is anyone that's used to using Iconoclasm Layout Maker noticing that the layout page isn't a picture of an iPhone 5 page? The background image is scaling to an iPhone 5 full screen but when you do a layout on it - and then apply it to your 5 there's a lot of space between icons. Basically your layout doesn't scale properly to the iP5. Have Default Icon size dimensions changed? That's something you can change in Icono Layout Maker. But I'm baffled. Do we just need an update to it? I've seen several themers give out NEW Iconoclasm Layout - so obviously they made theirs in Icono Layout Maker.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't find I'm missing Gridlock as much - since i can get any icon positioning I want from Iconoclasm and the Layout Maker. But I need the Layout Maker to show me an accurate grid for the iP5.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

What do you mean by its not scaled correctly, can you upload images?
    I am the developer and a screenshot would help with more explanation.

Thanks for getting back! Not sure if a screen shot will show you. The blue-ish background and all the GUI design parts are in their same relative position as they were on an iPhone 4/4S but when you build a layout on iPhone 5 - the same spacings vertically you see on the screen in IconoLM are not preserved onto the springboard. Let me post two screen shots. Be back in a sec...
    So this saved Icono layout looks this way when you're designing it:

Only extends to almost half screen:

But on the springboard it stretches out vertically and when applied to a theme yields this:

The icons extend way further down the springboard than when you're designing them in IconoLM. That was not the case on iPhone 4S.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE:
    This layout set:

Yields this on the springboard;
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-20-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by xXBLACKOPSXx8520 View Post
    What do you mean by its not scaled correctly, can you upload images?
    I am the developer and a screenshot would help with more explanation.
    Any chance of a fix anytime soon Xx? To the problems I show on my screenshots in last post?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

where u got that theme? can you share me please?

Default Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Any chance of a fix anytime soon Xx? To the problems I show on my screenshots in last post?
    All of those issues have been fixed, and also as of version 1.8.0 the upload feature will be completely rewritten 100% faster. The sorting feature will actually work this time (as the sorting is all server side code now which stops the app from crashing due to a lack of processing power) and I hope you will all enjoy the new update.

Thanks for the post,

Nolan