Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lock screen themes

Default Lock screen themes
    Since jailbreaking my iPhone 5 I've tried many different lock screens via cydia, but all seem to turn out like the screenshot I've added below. Is this due to these themes not being compatible with the 5 yet, or do I need a tweak to remove the 'Slide to unlock' bar?

-img_0004.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My personal opinion get a tweak,it's easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucif3r View Post
    My personal opinion get a tweak,it's easier.
    What kind of tweak? Sorry I'm new to this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Search Cydia for Hide up and Bottom Lockscreen

I've enabled the 'Hide up and bottom Lockscreen' but it still looks the same. Thought I could go with Move2Unlock but it's not compatible with iPhone 5 yet either. I'll keep searching for something minimal that works.

Quote Originally Posted by VizualDze View Post
    I've enabled the 'Hide up and bottom Lockscreen' but it still looks the same. Thought I could go with Move2Unlock but it's not compatible with iPhone 5 yet either. I'll keep searching for something minimal that works.
    Unless you are using an iphone 5 lockscreen the resolution will not be correct. you could mod existing lockscreens but editing the html and uploading a new background file.

Quote Originally Posted by VizualDze View Post
    Since jailbreaking my iPhone 5 I've tried many different lock screens via cydia, but all seem to turn out like the screenshot I've added below. Is this due to these themes not being compatible with the 5 yet, or do I need a tweak to remove the 'Slide to unlock' bar?

-img_0004.png
    Short answer yes. They are not made for the iPhone 5 resolution. There is no tweak available to fix this.

Long answer. You will need to take every 640x960 image and make it 640x1136. You will need to go in the CSS and for every image that was 640x960 it should be 320 x 480 height and width in the code. you will have to change the height and width to 320x583
    To compensate for the extra room.

Another thing to look for is #pagewrap this usually means the whole document it's height and width will also be 320x583-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360273737.450094.jpg

Further more. The slide to reply is a string. Many locks come with already configured strings in the springboard folder. If you have bites SMS then you will have to change that string in bitesms as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Thread moved

Please post in the correct section. Only theme launches should go in the theme launch section.