Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Noob here

Default Noob here
    I need help due to the Cydia servers being so busy I am unable to download a theme from Cydia I have restarted time and time again, could some one perhaps give me a walkthrough for a mac user to put a theme on my iPhone via Mac. Any help would be most helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlee111 View Post
    I need help due to the Cydia servers being so busy I am unable to download a theme from Cydia I have restarted time and time again, could some one perhaps give me a walkthrough for a mac user to put a theme on my iPhone via Mac. Any help would be most helpful.
    Please post this in the discussion part of the forums, this is for New Skins/Theme Launches
    Twitter- Max_Kas

Thanks
    Thanked 6,336 Times in 2,106 Posts

Do you have WinterBoard installed? I use iFunbox to drag and drop my images on both Mac & PC.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Do you have WinterBoard installed? I use iFunbox to drag and drop my images on both Mac & PC.
    Yeah I have winterboard installed.

Could you expand I'm a total no go with this.

Thanks

Yeah I have winterboard installed.

Could you expand I'm a total no go with this.
    Soory dude been flat out!! :-o

Ok well I use iFunbox and I havent had any issues with it running on my Mac or PC. But anyway I will try my best.

Have you managed to download the theme somehow?

basically if you have a complete theme on your desktop or in a file it should be packaged as a theme once extracted it a zip file.

So it will just be a folder named as per the theme e.g Ayecon.theme

That folder contains all the directory structures for it to work on your device. Its basically a double up of how the iOS uses it's files and folders.

So if you have WinterBoard installed, all you should have to do is Navigate to /var/stash/Themes.XXXXXX (unique to your iDevice) and drop it in there.

Now if you go to your WinterBoard tweak and open it up and hit "select themes" you should see your theme in the list menu. e.g Ayecon, drag it to the top of the menu list as its a hierachy type system and select it that will show a tick and then click on the "WinterBoard" back button on the top and select "respring" and your theme should now be showing up on your phone.

If images dont theme then its not iOS 6 compatible and is going to need a rejig, dont stress its not a major just the filenames need to be named correctly.

See how you go

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

LittleKeenBean (02-05-2013)

^ I followed your instructions, but I can't see theme.xxxx under my stash

Thanks

No themes? :-o but WinterBoard is installed? That's how it works. Do u have the WB icon on your home screen? What device and iOS

I am on iPhone 5 iOS 6.1. After reading your post it just dawned on me that winterboard is not installed by default although it always restarts spring board. So I went to download it and after installing and pressing "reboot device" my phone is not stuck at the Apple logo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleKeenBean View Post
    I am on iPhone 5 iOS 6.1. After reading your post it just dawned on me that winterboard is not installed by default although it always restarts spring board. So I went to download it and after installing and pressing "reboot device" my phone is not stuck at the Apple logo.
    It's stuck at the apple logo u mean? Hard reset by holding down the home and lock/power button until the screen goes black and the apple logo appears.

I have actually found my device will reboot fine plugged into the computer which makes me think the JB is almost slightly Semi - tethered to help it get thru the boot process...
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-06-2013 at 02:20 AM.

^ That fixed it! It scared me because I just came off of an android phone so having a boot loop can mean a lot of scary stuff. I tried it twice and it booted fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleKeenBean View Post
    ^ That fixed it! It scared me because I just came off of an android phone so having a boot loop can mean a lot of scary stuff. I tried it twice and it booted fine.
    Nice! The evad3rs are planning an update to fix up the boot process and weather app for us all in due time!