+ Reply
Page 1 of 157 123 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS6x Theme GUIDE

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
With the iOS 6.1 Jailbreak finally being released we are finally able to get a detailed look into our devices running 6x firmware. Previously this was restricted to A4 devices
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,645 Times in 1,954 Posts

Default iOS6x Theme GUIDE
    With the iOS 6.1 Jailbreak finally being released we are finally able to get a detailed look into our devices running 6x firmware. Previously this was restricted to A4 devices and below.

The idea behind this thread IS to (ideally) bring all 6x related theming questions to a common or master thread that ALL users can read thru and also post their questions to in regards to theming 6x - but mainly geared towards 6.1.

I hope this can help out EVERYBODY in MMi and feel free to correct me and others if need be.

I am basing most of this Thread from an iphone 5 perspective but also referencing an iphone 4S on 5.1.1

I am by no means the authority on theming I thought people might find this guide useful.

***IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE BROWSING THE INTERNAL FILES OF YOUR IDEVICE STOP RIGHT NOW!!!***

!!!PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!

***The "Table of Contents/Jump to sections" will only work on PC or from Safari (mobile) & not the MMi Mobile app due to the custom BBCoding. Simply open this thread via Safari on your Mobile if you wish to take advantage of the "Table of Contents/Jump to sections"***

Table Of Contents (Jump to sections!!)

Native Icons
    AppStore Icons
    Cydia/Jailbreak Tweak Icons
    MobileIcons/Transparent Icons
    Settings Menu
    Custom Carrier Symbols
    Custom Wallpapers
    Deleting the white "CALL" word from your Dialer
    Fixing the UITabBarBlueGradient "stuck" file in the Phone app
    Theming the UIActivity Menu***Work In Progress***
    Transparent Lockscreen & Removing the GRAY Line***Work In Progress***

For ME, I use iFunbox for both Windows and MAC with no issues at all. I like that fact that you can plug it to your computer like you do with iTunes and you can drag files out of your iDevice and it will copy to your folder on your computer and vice versa. It makes navigating your iDevice so much easier in my opinion.

There are other methods so it really comes down to what you feel comfortable with, I used to use OpenSSH installed on my iDevice and SBSettings but you still require a program to run on your computer and it pushes files via WiFi and other specifics

EDIT: One issue with iFunbox is that it corrupts these files:

AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png
    AppIconOverlay@2x~iphone.png
    AppIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

So for any file transfers of the above three (3) files I'd advise to use OpenSSH and or Diskaid/Winscp/CyberDuck etc.

There is a few different ways to theme and that is up to each person how they wish to theme. Majority of the information I will post is relative to WinterBoard theming.

So once you have jailbroken your iDevice and you wish to theme via WinterBoard you will need to install WinterBoard via Cydia (Think of Cydia as a Jailbreak APP Store if you must)

If you do not wish to theme via WinterBoard then "Manual theming" is for you but also a lot more dangerous as you are dealing with the LIVE directories of your iDevice.

***BEWARE***

ONE THING I cannot stress enough is to at least BACKUP folders/files before making changes incase something goes wrong!!!

So if you have WinterBoard installed you are now set to begin theming or simply to download iOS6 themes from Cydia.

Im not going to go into the exact specifics of WinterBoard because I didnt build it but my understanding of it is that it lets beginning themers thru to advanced theme creators build themes which can theme majority of the iOS. Keep in mind WinterBoard does need a few updates due to elements NOT theming within iOS6. Im sure Saurik will address these issues in time once more is known about the changes within iOS6 so keep an eye out in Cydia for an update via the "CHANGES" tab (bottom middle of your iDevice)

Where does WinterBoard themes install or are used from?

The location is /var/stash/Themes.xXXXXx (the x's are unique to your own iDevice)

Have a look there now, there is a few default usually out of date themes already installed.

Thats where themes downloaded from Cydia will install to and also if you build you own theme it needs to be built in this same directory. ***Will Continue more later***

Firstly Icons (Native icons) ALL NATIVE apps are 118x120 pixels! Sure they might be icons might be 114x114px but the canvas that they sit on is transparent at 118x120px or it simply will not theme.

Screenshots attached

Return to Table Of Contents

Native Icons

Native Icons and a few App Store and Cydia icons

These are located by navigating to here:

/var/stash/Applications.XXXxxX

Appstore App
    Name: [email protected] (No change from 5.1.1)
    Size: 118x120 px
    Default image: Default-568h@2x~iphone.png - size 640x1096 px
    Second Default image: [email protected] - size 640x920 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.AppStore

Calculator App
    118x120 px
    Default image: [email protected] - size 640x1096 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.calculator

Camera App
    Name: Camera@2x~iphone.png (No change from 5.1.1)
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.camera

Compass App
    Size: 118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.compass

Contacts App
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.MobileAddressBook

Game Center App
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.gamecenter

Maps App
    Name: [email protected] (Was [email protected] on 5.1.1)
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.Maps

MobileCal App
    icon@2x~iphone.png (No change from 5.1.1)
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.mobilecal

MobileMail App
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.mobilemail

MobileNotes App
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.mobilenotes

MobilePhone App
    Name: icon@2x~iphone.png (No change from 5.1.1)
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.mobilephone

MobileSafari App
    Name: icon@2x~iphone.png (No change from 5.1.1)
    118x120 px
    Second Default image: Default_Private-568h@2x~iphone.png - size 640x1096 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.mobilesafari

MobileSlideShow App
    Photos@2x~iphone.png (No change from 5.1.1)
    118x120 px
    Default image: Default-568h@2x~iphone.png - size 640x1136 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.mobileslideshow

MobileSMS App
    [email protected] (No change from 5.1.1)
    118x120 px
    Second Default image: Default-sms-568h@2x~iphone.png - size 640x1096 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.MobileSMS

MobileStore App
    118x120 px
    Default image: efault-568h@2x~iphone.png - size 640x1096 px
    Second Default image: [email protected] - size 640x920 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.MobileStore

MobileTimer App
    icon@2x~iphone.png (was [email protected] in 5.1.1)
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.mobiletimer

Music App
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.mobileipod

Nike App
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.nike

Passbook / Shoebox App **NEW**
    [email protected] (Not in 5.1.1) **CORRECTED**
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.Shoebox

Preferences App
    icon@2x~iphone.png (No change from 5.1.1)
    118x120 px
    Second Default image: Default-prefs-568h@2x~iphone.png
    Bundle id: com.apple.Preferences

Reminders App
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.reminders

Stocks App
    icon@2x~iphone.png (was [email protected] in 5.1.1)
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.stocks

Videos App
    Bundle id: com.apple.videos

VoiceMemos App
    118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.VoiceMemos

Weather App
    [email protected] (No change from 5.1.1) - size - 118x120 px
    [email protected] (No change from 5.1.1) - size -118x120 px
    Bundle id: com.apple.weather

AppStore Icons

These are the apps you buy and/or download from Apple's App Store BUT not Cydia tweaks! (working on that post atm)
    The homescreen icon image sizes for these are strictly 114x114px IF you dont theme them at this size it wont theme.
    All App Store Apps are located at the following directory: /var/mobile/Applications
    YES all the random numbers and lettering is for each App - iFunbox picks up on the random numbering and renames them as they appear on your Home screen.
    Lets looks at the Twitter app for example.

Navigate to: /var/mobile/Applications/Twitter

Once there it also has another directory structure breakdown: (Generally the case for all App Store apps)

/Documents
    /Library
    /tmp
    /Twitter.app

The "Documents/Library/tmp" folders arent really useful from a theming perspective and are more used to keep the App in check and retain information etc.
    JUST LEAVE THOSE FOLDERS ALONE!!

However the Twitter.app provides all the information we need to utilise to theme it essentially.

First move I usually make is to open the Info.plist file, if you have iFile installed via Cydia (Paid tweak - AND the most useful tweak IMO) then use iFile to open
    the "Info.plist" file via the "Property List Viewer" (PLV) option. This method I find is cleaner than opening it as a text file, text file can be useful but its a lot of information with no real breakdowns in the sections of the "plist" where as the PLV option will display it in a sectioned like table on your iDevice.

If you are really stuck and are unable to open the "Info.plist" due to not having iFile, another method is to save it to your Desktop and if you're on Mac you should just be able to select the plist and hit Spacebar and that will preview it as a txt document. You will just have to read the doc to find the information you are after. OR if you are on Windows change the "plist" extension to "doc" Windows will ask you if you are ok with the extension change, just say yes and then open the renamed Info.plist -> Info.doc in Microsoft Word. This is the equivalent to previewing it Mac or as opening it as "Text Viewer" on iFile.

So we have the Info.plist open or are previewing or reading it, first thing I look for is:

CFBundleIdentifier

Why exactly? This provides the Bundle ID as referred to with all the Native Apps I noted above earlier and for the "Bundle" folder name under YourTheme/Bundles

So the CFBundleIdentifier for Twitter reads: com.atebits.Tweetie2

OR

Bundle ID: com.atebits.Tweetie2

So to start theming any of the Twitter App you need to now make a new folder inside of "Bundles" called "com.atebits.Tweetie2"
    This will look like YourTheme/Bundles/com.atebits.Tweetie2

Any theming changes you wish to make will now be placed into this newly created folder and WinterBoard will apply the changes once resprung.

So with the folder now made within Bundles to theme the Twitter App I refer to the original Twitter "Info.plist" and now I look for

CFBundleIconFile

This should provide us with an indication of what the Homescreen Icon image is called. It can list all the icon names that are all various sizes so can be somewhat confusing all the same!

Take for the example the Twitter App it lists the CFBundleIconFile as "Icon-production.png" Now there is the first misleading information the fact that if you are on a Retina device e.g iphone 4 and up this isnt true as these devices use the "@2x" suffix before the "png" extension. So to me I know that filename is not right, but its in the right direction. I then exit the Info.plist and look within the Twitter App for "Icon-production.png" and look what is below the "Icon-production.png" file..."[email protected]"

See attached image

So now we are almost certain we have the correct icon file for the Twitter App to theme, the last bit of confirmation I do is to select "[email protected]" and via iFile (handy tweak remember) open it via the "image viewer" option. Why you might ask? It provides the pixel dimensions of "[email protected]" and it is showing 114x114 pixels.

So to sum up, we now have the correct Bundle ID and icon name to theme or mod the Twitter App and also any other elements you wish to mod that we downloaded from the AppStore. This method might seem a bit long winded but it does work.

Cydia/Jailbreak Tweak Icons
    The Cydia/Jailbreak Tweak icons are for CYDIA and your Jailbreak tweaks (some tweaks do not show icons on the homescreen). These can almost be a blend/hybrid between theming the Native(default) Icons and/or the App Store Icons, it really comes down to how the tweak Developer decides to write the tweak and what directories it needs to install to.

Tweaks that install into /var/stash/Applications are fairly easy to theme, simply follow the App Store Icon Method and navigate to your tweak i.e Barrel (for the purpose of this thread) open up the folder and you will find the "info.plist" and also the icon name - in this case "barrelicon.png"

Opening up the "info.plist" in iFile under the PLV mode we can scroll to the "CFBundleIdentifier" and find the Bundle ID (com.aaronash.Barrelsettings) that we need to create a folder called that under "Bundles" within your own theme.

So for the Barrel tweak:
    Name: barrelicon.png
    114x114 px
    Bundle id: com.aaronash.Barrelsettings

So for theming sake I have put up a screenshot of Barrel unthemed as per below

UNTHEMED:

and then THEMED as per the above method

NB: I have sometimes found that to THEME tweak icons you need to change the 114x114px PNG image to 118x120px and place your Tweak icon on this image size as technically if the tweak is in the "Applications" directory the NORMAL icon sizing is 118x120px. So just keep that in mind if the tweak icon doesn't theme at 114x114px try placing it on a 118x120px canvas.

Another method I have figured out which is REALLY useful to locate ALL files for Jailbreak tweaks is to navigate to the following directory

/var/lib/dpkg/info

Now JUST TO BE CLEAR "YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE DELETING ANY FILES IN THIS DIRECTORY!!!"

This Directory should be a READ ONLY type mode!!

This directory contains a lot of Jailbreak stuff, but the main thing I would like to point out is there are these "list" files, these "list" files once opened with iFile display ALL the directories AND files the Jailbreak tweak installs...EVERYTHING!!

For Barrel: com.aaronash.barrel.list

I have attached a pic to show what you see when the Barrel "list" file is opened in iFile

So its VERY useful when you are trying to locate files to theme and the like

MobileIcons/Transparent Icons

Ok, I have had a few people ask about Mobile Icons, firstly I am going to explain the three (3) icons.

These are:
    AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png
    Size: 118x120px
    AppIconOverlay@2x~iphone.png
    AppIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

They are located here: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework
    Bundle ID: com.apple.mobileicons.framework

These icons are responsible for the appearance of your App Store Icons on your home screen

Lets take a look at the three icons in closer detail

AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png - Controls the icon image displayed, anything BLACK is not shown (gives the appearance of the nicely rounded corners) While anything WHITE is SHOWN
    AppIconOverlay@2x~iphone.png - Provides a glossy overlay look like the Default icons have (it works sometimes and then it doesnt)
    AppIconShadow@2x~iphone.png - Provides a subtle shadow below the icon image

To theme these for your own theme they need to go into YourTheme/Bundles/com.apple.mobileicons.framework

If you do decide to theme these, they need to be saved a little bit different to conventional pngs, in Photoshop when you go to save go to "Save for Web & Devices".
    Select "PNG-24" all the way till it saves.

Also if you are wanting to have TRANSPARENT ICONS in your theme you will need to rename ALL three (3) of the files otherwise you will get the annoying the mask/overlay/shadow images applied to your transparent icons.

This is evident in the screenshot below

and then with three (3) files renamed as in take the "@" out of the filename and the images are still retained on your phone but the iOS does not call on them anymore. MUCH BETTER THAN DELETING!!

It appears as below

*Also when these files are renamed, it then exposes the full image of the App Store icons, usually AppIconMask gives these icons the rounded icon look that we are all familiar with. So really if you are going to build a transparent theme, all the App Store icons will need to be themed accordingly to get rid of the ugly square look.

Also you will need to rename

"WallpaperIconDockShadow@2x~iphone.png" along with "WallpaperIconShadow@2x~iphone.png" for the Safari "Docked" icon and if you while you are there you might
    as well rename the "SwitcherIconShadow@2~iphone.png" for when you Double tap the home button.

These are located in

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

A BIG thank you to Jahooba for letting me use his "NEUROTECH HD" icons as a demostration, if you like the look of his icons/theme head over to his thread to preview more!

Click here for more NEUROTECH!!

Settings Menu

This section goes into detail to theme the icons displayed in your "Settings Menu"

Before

and AFTER (themed)

The "Settings Menu" icons are located in the Preferences App or

/var/stash/Applications/Preferences.app

Firstly the majority of the Settings Icons are contained within the [email protected]k file and are 58x58 pixels

I tested this by renaming the [email protected]k and 25 icons were no longer themed within the Settings Menu

See pic attached.

Note only the DND icon remained, which is stored as a separate PNG in the Preferences App

Unfortunately at this stage, extracting the [email protected]k file is not possible. If you didnt know already, "artwork" files are encrypted or compressed type files Apple use to package up their PNG's. The iOS can utilise these artwork files fine but everyday PC's require a few extra "bolts on" so to speak to extract these files.

If you wish to know more about extracting these "artwork" files head HERE!! to read a tutorial on it!

BUT WinterBoard is still theming these files as per iOS 5 so its not really a major. The names havent changed either which is a surprise from Apple!

See the pic below, its the Airplane Mode icon, which is now stored in the iconCache.artwork file, I have opened up the "Settings.plist" within the Preferences App via iFile which confirms the name as "Settings-Air" which is the same name in iOS 5 less the "@2x.png" part.

In order to theme these in WinterBoard the themed images need to go in a "com.apple.Preferences" less the quotation marks. Or

YourTheme/Bundles/com.apple.Preferences

I determined all the names via the "Settings.plist" within the Preferences App

Now the names
    Airplane Mode = [email protected]
    Wi-Fi = [email protected]
    Bluetooth = [email protected]
    Carrier = [email protected]
    Do Not Disturb = [email protected]
    Notifications = [email protected]
    General = [email protected]
    Sounds = [email protected]
    Brightness & Wallpaper = [email protected]
    Privacy = [email protected]
    iCloud = [email protected]
    Mails. Contacts, Calendar = [email protected]
    Notes = [email protected]
    Reminders = [email protected]
    Phone = [email protected]
    Messages = [email protected]
    FaceTime = [email protected]
    Maps = [email protected]
    Safari = [email protected]
    iTunes & App Stores = [email protected]
    Music = [email protected]
    Videos = [email protected]
    Photos & Camera = [email protected]
    Twitter = [email protected]
    Facebook = [email protected]
    Nike + iPod = [email protected]
    Weibo = [email protected]
    Newsstand = [email protected]
    Speakers = [email protected]

Custom Carrier Symbols

Sick of the Carrier Symbol in your Status Bar? This can be themed via WinterBoard, first question where do would one find your Carrier's Bundle in your iOS.

Well there's a few ways.

If you are familair with your Carrier's details its as simple as navigating to

/System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone

THEN trawling through the 1823 Folders to find your one, which can be easily done if you know the exact carrier you are after.

Another method AND EASIER method is to go to

/var/mobile/Library

In here scroll down to "Carrier Bundle.bundle" highlighted in BLUE. With the BLUE highlight, that denotes a "Symbolic Link" or SymLink. When you click on Carrier Bundle.bundle you will be automatically navigated to YOUR CARRIER's BUNDLE.

See pic below

Next stop we are in our Carrier's Bundle and for an example this is what mine looks like.

Once inside the Carrier's Bundle - Mine is Telecom_nz.bundle as per the SymLink we selected, we open up the Info.plist via iFile or whatever is easiest in the "PLV" mode.

Identify the Bundle ID: com.apple.Telecom_nz

There are 2 image files in my Carrier Bundle being

FSO_CARRIER_Telecom NZ_1only_.png Size 72x20px
    TS_CARRIER_Telecom NZ_1only_.png Size 74x20px

So to theme these via WinterBoard I create a new folder within my Bundles directory named: com.apple.Telecom_nz

There is a WinterBoard trick however to theme these two (2) files to create your custom carrier symbol.

Firstly: The new custom carrier symbol needs to be twice as big as your carrier's original image.

So for me these image sizes are increased from 72x20 TO 144x40px & 74x20 to 148x40px at a minimum.

I found to get them sitting right I had to make a new background 1pixel higher so 40pixels to 41pixels and set the custom carrier symbol to the bottom
    leaving a transparent 1 pixel row along the top. This aligned it to the bottom of the status bar.

LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!

You will need to add "@2x" before the .png extension of the files you have modded.

So mine were:

FSO_CARRIER_Telecom NZ_1only_.png Size 72x20px
    TS_CARRIER_Telecom NZ_1only_.png Size 74x20px

AND NOW THEY ARE

FSO_CARRIER_Telecom [email protected] Size 144x41px
    TS_CARRIER_Telecom [email protected] Size 148x41px

So to recap my Directory structure looks like this

MY Theme/Bundles/com.apple.Telecom_nz

With those images placed inside.

FYI - DO NOT EDIT YOUR CARRIER PLIST - Apple signs that in conjunction with your Carrier and if modded its detected as CORRUPT & can cause issues!

Custom Wallpapers

***IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE BROWSING THE LIVE DIRECTORIES OF YOUR IOS DEVICE STOP NOW!!!***

To have your own Custom Wallpapers show up in the Settings Menu which is the desired effect, you need to manually move the Wallpapers you have created to the following directory

/var/stash/Wallpaper.xXxxxx(x's are unique to your device)/iPhone

Here is a screenshot of the Wallpaper options we have and where we would like OUR wallpapers to be displayed.

Also here is a screenshot of the Wallpaper menu, this is where we need to add our OWN Wallpapers

Firstly, you need to check the sizes of the Thumbnail image (image displayed in the Settings Menu Wallpaper selection panel) and also the Wallpaper image.

To help out im going to list a few below

iPhone 4/4S
    Thumbnail = 150x150 pixels
    Wallpaper = 640x960 pixels

iPhone 5
    Thumbnail = 150x150 pixels
    Wallpaper = 640x1136 pixels

If you want your images to display FIRST you are going to need to rename your Default/System wallpapers as they start at "100" at this refers to number 1 option in the Settings Menu/Wallpaper.

So for me I want mine to display FIRST, I name my images as below which are for my iphone 5

Wallpaper = 100-568h@2x~iphone.png
    Thumbnail = 100.thumbnail-568h@2x~iphone.png

NB: For iphone 4/4S users drop the "-568h" part of the filename so...

Wallpaper = 100@2x~iphone.png
    Thumbnail = 100.thumbnail@2x~iphone.png

AND all that is left now is to add the files to the Wallpaper directory

/var/stash/Wallpaper/iPhone

Here is a pic of MY Wallpaper at the start of the Settings/Wallpaper selection panel, and then SELECTED.

Just repeat the process as necessary.

Deleting the white "CALL" word from your Dialer

Sick of the white word "CALL" messing your Custom dialer up? If you didnt know the CALL word is a string of text overlayed on top of the Dialer. The only way to get rid of it is to mod the "General.strings" file within your chosen language within the Mobile Phone App. Mine is English but GB English

So for me to manually mod this (e.g not using WinterBoard) I navigate to

/var/stash/Applications/MobilePhone.app/en_GB.lproj

FIRST MAKE A COPY OF THE "GENERAL.STRINGS" FILE

Open up the General strings file in iFile (if possible) and in Property List Viewer (PLV) mode and the locate "Call" select this and then DELETE the word "CALL" and SAVE then RESPRING

The white "CALL" word is now gone and the WHITE phone symbol is left.

To get rid of that image manually simply rename

callGlyph_large-568h@2x~iphone.png
    callGlyph_small-568h@2x~iphone.png

Just removing the "@" stops the iOS calling on those images, so as per below the once
    white CALL word and white PHONE symbol are now gone.

To mod this via WinterBoard all we need to do is follow the same structure in the MobilePhone app with the Language Folder and the General Strings file modded.
    English
    So you should have a folder named com.apple.mobilephone inside your Bundles directory

Directory Structure RECAP: YourTheme/Bundles/com.apple.mobilephone

NOW, there is a trick with getting the General Strings to work as if you look in the MobilePhone app there is en_GB.lproj & English.lproj language folders and ALSO a lot more, if you create the same folders in com.apple.mobilephone and the drop your modded General strings file into either of those two folders and respring it doesnt change.

The reason is WinterBoard for some reason isnt recognising these folders. I can tell you a fix for an English version, make a copy of either the en_GB.lproj & English.lproj language folders and rename one of them to en.lproj. This goes for any STRING modding going forward. The best approach for modding "English" version string's files is to create these three folders below and place a copy of your modded STRINGS files in the Bundle ID of the app you are wanting to change.

So...

en_GB.lproj
    English.lproj
    en.lproj

and place your STRINGS files in there...

Fixing the UITabBarBlueGradient "stuck" file in the Phone app

Ok so we have added a new theme whether from WinterBoard or without & have resprung, gone to the phone dialer and shock horror the pesky/default [email protected] is still showing in the bottom bar in the "Recents", "Keypads" and "Voicemail" sections when selected despite having applied a new theme and resprung.

See below! :-(

This is because iOS 6 is using more "Cached" type files (ones that will still display the default image despite being replaced) GENERALLY WinterBoard would clear these files AND it does behind the scenes CLEAR a lot of "Cached" files. But this issue with the [email protected] sticking around is NEW to iOS 6 AND WinterBoard has not been updated to clear the files responsible. Hopefully in time Saurik can incorporate the manual method im about to advise to save us doing it everytime we apply a new theme!

So for time being it has to be done manually (almost like how manual themers operate WITHOUT the WinterBoard SAFEGUARDS)

So we need to locate the Cache directory that the iOS stores these files in. PLEASE BE CAREFUL, IF YOU DONT FEEL COMFORTABLE JUST STOP!!!

Ok so you are reading so lets continue...

Navigate to

/var/mobile/Library/Caches

FYI - this is where WinterBoard clears a lot of the cached files we need deleted for our theme to take effect, so we are in WinterBoard's Cache Clearing territory!!

You need to scroll past all the folders down to these three (3) files

BarDialer_selected
    BarRecents_selected
    BarVM_selected

These three (3) files are directly responsible for our "Cached" UITabBarBlueGradient@2x "sticking" in our phone app.

There is no issue deleting these files as its an image built reference file and the original "[email protected]" is untouched or unharmed.

YOU NEED TO DELETE THESE THREE FILES ONLY!! IF YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE DOING THIS STOP!!! OR DRAG OR COPY THESE FILES TO YOUR DESKTOP

Then APPLY your WinterBoard theme and RESPRING!!

If you take a look now at your bottom bar in your Phone app the rightful themed image is now displaying!

Too Easy!!!

EDIT: If you ALSO want the UIButton Bar "Glyphs" to change when in the MobilePhone app you NEED to also DELETE

BarDialer
    BarRecents
    BarVM

This is hopefully going to be included in a future build of WinterBoard

[U][B]Theming the UIActivity Menu***Work In Progress***

[U][B]Transparent Lockscreen & Removing the GRAY Line***Work In Progress***

Please let me know your thoughts & ideas and if you might find this useful or areas to post up!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 04-14-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

2. The Following 64 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

2k1 (02-05-2013), 2y2d (02-20-2013), Alfroggy (03-22-2013), Atomic7 (03-30-2013), azaleea (05-06-2013), b3be (02-26-2013), BennyPR (03-24-2013), blizzardman (02-11-2013), brian8534 (02-14-2013), burrzoo (03-03-2013), cassio299 (05-30-2013), catstide (02-10-2013), conflict73 (02-05-2013), CrAcKzZZ (02-28-2013), cuzin (03-14-2013), D3@TH (08-29-2014), Dacal (02-06-2013), DarkXShadowX21 (07-19-2013), Destan (03-16-2013), Dirty Dobb (02-17-2013), dsg (05-16-2014), EricB78 (04-12-2013), Evertrying (03-07-2013), futeball06 (04-18-2013), henftling (02-13-2013), ic0nik (04-10-2013), Ilkzz (08-03-2013), iprecious (02-09-2013), iskariotA (02-19-2013), itchanv (08-03-2014), Jahooba (02-14-2013), Jdot1224 (03-31-2013), jimdiscutidor (01-06-2014), kane4lsu (02-21-2013), kenzodragon (03-31-2013), King_O_Hill (07-26-2013), Lito1 (02-16-2013), lizzy954 (03-10-2013), llDeviousll (03-16-2013), Lobi_Earl (12-13-2013), Lucys (02-07-2013), Maarten16 (02-12-2013), morrbidotoni (02-21-2013), nienque (03-12-2013), nwmtnbiker (02-05-2013), Phatmartino (05-27-2013), plastiksmoke (02-06-2013), pnunez1310 (03-28-2013), pulosu (03-09-2013), redeyes717 (02-06-2013), Runt (04-20-2013), sand_man (02-07-2013), sickchris714 (03-07-2013), Simon (02-05-2013), Smitbeat (02-11-2013), sobeniceguy2 (02-18-2013), sofilious (02-24-2013), stratnik (02-08-2013), surr3a1 (03-08-2013), The 8th Immortal (02-27-2013), UncleSinger (05-11-2013), ZappZero (02-24-2013), Zooropalg (02-08-2013), Z_rock (05-22-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

iPhone 4s on iOS 6.1

I'm noticing with the HTC 1.7 weather lockscreen it loads and works, but any incoming notification such as messages do not show up on the lock screen. What happens is if the screen is locked, it will display the lockscreen, the phone vibrates, but no notification. I would then slide to unlock and it brings me to the messages app.

Update: I've tried multiple locksreen themes via Winterboard, all have the exact same issue. Not sure if this a Winterboard issue, or a theme issue.
    Last edited by sensown; 02-05-2013 at 09:02 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can anyone tell me how to theme the dialer, safari, and blue bar at the top?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anybody know the plist editing needed to color the battery percentage in the statusbar?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sensown View Post
    iPhone 4s on iOS 6.1

I'm noticing with the HTC 1.7 weather lockscreen it loads and works, but any incoming notification such as messages do not show up on the lock screen. What happens is if the screen is locked, it will display the lockscreen, the phone vibrates, but no notification. I would then slide to unlock and it brings me to the messages app.

Update: I've tried multiple locksreen themes via Winterboard, all have the exact same issue. Not sure if this a Winterboard issue, or a theme issue.
    Definitely sounds like a Lockscreen theme compatibility issue, until we have more of an understanding with the changes to iOS6 and how it works differently compared to iOS5 identifying the problem might just take some time. More people on board the more we can get an understanding. Have you tried to contact the Devs of the themes?

See how you go

Quote Originally Posted by jags828 View Post
    Anybody know the plist editing needed to color the battery percentage in the statusbar?
    Good question, I believe the Batt % and numbers are now a font as opposed to images in iOS5. Are you running WinterBoard as at a guess it would be similar to the Timestyle type plist that is used to change the Time. Whether WinterBoard is capable of doing it im not sure?
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-05-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Definitely sounds like a Lockscreen theme compatibility issue, until we have more of an understanding with the changes to iOS6 and how it works differently compared to iOS5 identifying the problem might just take some time. More people on board the more we can get an understanding. Have you tried to contact the Devs of the themes?

See how you go

Good question, I believe the Batt % and numbers are now a font as opposed to images in iOS5. Are you running WinterBoard as at a guess it would be similar to the Timestyle type plist that is used to change the Time. Whether WinterBoard is capable of doing it im not sure?
    The font does change the % I use winterboard to change the Timestamp color and point it to use a different system font too. I think it just comes down to finding out the name to use in the plist file.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyro_46151 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to theme the dialer, safari, and blue bar at the top?
    The dialer is located within the MobilePhone App

/var/stash/Applications.XXXXXX/MobilePhone.app

The files you are after are:
    dialerView-normal-568h@2x~iphone.png
    dialerView-pressed-568h@2x~iphone.png
    WinterBoard Bundle Id: com.apple.mobilephone

Safari

/var/stash/Applications.XXXXXX/MobileSafari.app

What files are you after are?

WinterBoard Bundle Id: com.apple.mobilesafari

The Blue bar you are asking about is: [email protected] (apart of the [email protected]k)

For WinterBoard it can go in: Your Theme/UIImages or as I prefer to theme: Your Theme/Bundles/com.apple.UIKit

see how you go

Quote Originally Posted by jags828 View Post
    The font does change the % I use winterboard to change the Timestamp color and point it to use a different system font too. I think it just comes down to finding out the name to use in the plist file.
    That might be something Saurik may know how to change, I dont sorry.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (04-12-2013), Mr. B (02-05-2013), sobeniceguy2 (02-18-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The last few questions are for the fill surrounding the address bar, the fill above the keypad when making a call, and the 4g symbol. Does anyone know how to theme this.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (04-12-2013), Jahooba (02-06-2013), King_O_Hill (03-21-2013), Mr. B (02-05-2013), sobeniceguy2 (02-18-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have tried this, and I still have a blue bar over the keypad. I have tried using this in the UIImages folder, and in a MobilePhone.app folder located under folders. Any advice?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyro_46151 View Post
    I have tried this, and I still have a blue bar over the keypad. I have tried using this in the UIImages folder, and in a MobilePhone.app folder located under folders. Any advice?
    Odd its working for me via WB. Can you post a screenshot. Are you using the folders method? Preferred method is the actual Bundle Id
    which I gave earlier. You still the create a folder but just name it as per the Bundle Id of the app e.g Mobile Phone is com.apple.mobilephone

As for the 4G icon (we dont have 4G here) but I managed to get my 3G one to display via dropping it in

Your Theme/UIImages and named as per "[email protected]" for the 4G version

Are you respringing each time?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Odd its working for me via WB. Can you post a screenshot. Are you using the folders method? Preferred method is the actual Bundle Id
    which I gave earlier. You still the create a folder but just name it as per the Bundle Id of the app e.g Mobile Phone is com.apple.mobilephone

As for the 4G icon (we dont have 4G here) but I managed to get my 3G one to display via dropping it in

Your Theme/UIImages and named as per "[email protected]" for the 4G version

Are you respringing each time?
    everything is working except for the lcdView items. I have tried using them in UIImages, folders/mobilephone, and in bundles/com.apple.mobilephone. attached is the screenshot.iOS6x Theme GUIDE-img_0791.png

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pyro_46151 For This Useful Post:

sobeniceguy2 (02-18-2013)

Thanks

Default Shared Artwork
    Is that for iphone 4/4S?

If so the file is named
    lcdView-normal@2x~iphone.png
    lcdView-pressed@2x~iphone.png
    lcdView-incall-normal@2x~iphone.png
    lcdView-incall-pressed@2x~iphone.png

Goes in your MobilePhone App folder/Bundle

Ok I thought I would list the Shared@2x images Status Bar images and compare them to iOS5, by the looks of it the filenames are the same.

Firstly Apple have decided to drop the "ColorOnGrayShadow" type files. I quite liked that artwork for the record.

Just to compare iOS 5.1.1 artwork for 4S contained 1176 images compiled as [email protected]k
    iOS 6.1 for the iphone 5 which contains 1178 images also compiled as [email protected]k

So more that's a few more images for iOS6 considering the "ColorOnGrayShadow" images have been dropped.

The Battery % symbol and digits are now FONT based - A WinterBoard plist should sort this in time

That just leaves "WhiteOnBlackEtch" and "WhiteOnBlackShadow" for the Statur Bar Icons

Firstly the status bar backgrounds for iOS6

[email protected] size: 10 x 40px (Exactly the same in 5.1.1)
    [email protected] size: 10 x 40px (Exactly the same in 5.1.1)
    [email protected] sixe: 640 x 40px **NEW**

Yip thats right "[email protected]" didn't make the cut for iOS6!

So...

Signal Bars
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

All images are 38x40px and are exactly the same as in 5.1.1

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

All images are 42x40px and are exactly the same as in 5.1.1

Wifi Bars
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

All images are 40x40px and are exactly the same in 5.1.1

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

All images are 44x40px and are exactly the same in 5.1.1

3G Symbol
    WhiteOnBlackEtch_DataTypeUMTS@2x.png size: 30x40px (5.1.1 = No change)
    WhiteOnBlackShadow_DataTypeUMTS@2x.png size: 34x40px (5.1.1 = No change)

4G Symbol
    WhiteOnBlackEtch_DataType4G@2x.png size: 30x40px (5.1.1 = WhiteOnBlackEtch_DataType4G_2only_@2x,png)
    WhiteOnBlackShadow_DataType4G@2x.png size: 34x40px (5.1.1 = WhiteOnBlackShadow_DataType4G_2only_@2x.png)

Ok will come back to this later, thoughts?
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-05-2013 at 05:40 PM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-21-2013), Jahooba (02-07-2013), lizzy954 (03-10-2013), sobeniceguy2 (02-18-2013), Z_rock (05-22-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone tremme118's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi guys.
    Since upgrading I am having problems with my custom lockscreens.
    There is now a little bar looking thing at the bottom that I can't seem to get rid of.
    I don't know how to fix the problem.
    I have attached an image of what I mean below. If anyone could help me it would be great.

Follow me on Twitter @Tremme

Green Apple
    Thanks

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr. B For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-05-2013), lizzy954 (03-10-2013), tremme118 (02-05-2013)

Thanks

Does anyone know how to theme UISounds iOS 6?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tremme118 View Post
    Hi guys.
    Since upgrading I am having problems with my custom lockscreens.
    There is now a little bar looking thing at the bottom that I can't seem to get rid of.
    I don't know how to fix the problem.
    I have attached an image of what I mean below. If anyone could help me it would be great.

I have been looking very hard into this. I have my 6.1 artwork extracted and I'm not finding anything anywhere. That line is like 6 px high and assume 1-2 px wide but sliced and resized to the width of the screen. I believe this is an image and NOT code otherwise the iOS would use more code based rendering.

I have looked in both the SpringBoard app and TelephonyUI folders with no luck.

This is a hard one indeed

Awesum man! Jeez that's a great find!! I can confirm creating a transparent file named UINavigationBarShadow@2x.png which is 2px wide and 6 px high and placed into your UIImages folder via Winter Board will get rid of that line!!

iOS6x Theme GUIDE-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360126546.048776.jpg

To manual theme it will need to be recompiled. I can do that if required? Let me know.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-05-2013 at 09:55 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-21-2013)

Thanks

here are some that don't seem to work

the miss call icon on the lock screen
    UISounds theme as someone else also pointed out

lastly is anyone unable to have no docked/undocked icon lables working?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    here are some that don't seem to work

the miss call icon on the lock screen
    UISounds theme as someone else also pointed out

lastly is anyone unable to have no docked/undocked icon lables working?
    I'll have a look at this tomorrow. Had a wee go tonight with the missed icon but no luck.

Will check sounds too.

Not sure on the plist tho.

If anyone knows feel free to say. Most likely WB compatibility issues or iOS 6 has changed things around.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone got the battery image names please?