+ Reply
Page 95 of 157 FirstFirst ... 45 859394959697 105 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 3127

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS6x Theme GUIDE

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by King_O_Hill Yeah, that will work, but yuck! Summerboard mode? C'mon Al, your better than that bro! You can use the summerboard mode that Al recommends, but it
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,911 Times in 2,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yeah, that will work, but yuck! Summerboard mode? C'mon Al, your better than that bro!

You can use the summerboard mode that Al recommends, but it will render your ability to control your icon labels useless. Plus it's slow. I would use an unframed image and just allow the mask to do its thing. If the icon is from a theme, just go to that thread and see if they will make you one unframed.
    My thoughts are even unframed it will still have the AppIconMask applied that is being applied to the other AppStore icons. The only way I can see this possibly working is to go away from the AppIconMask altogether if you want individual AppIcon control. Rename AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png to AppIconMask2x~iphone.png

This means you will need to manually theme every AppIcon! So a trade off really.

I'd would use the AppIconMask and also copy the AppStore icon into PS. Open with the AppIconMask at the top and the AppStore icon below it so effectively same effect as when using the AppIconMask in the theme.

Just my thoughts tho on how I would get around it. Not ideal but it would work.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-14-2013), King_O_Hill (05-14-2013), pioneer88 (05-14-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me pioneer88's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,109 Times in 385 Posts

You know one thing I've been curious about is this Stocks icon by D1LL1NG3R (screenshot also from D1)

http://itheming.com/upload/images/09...1186524851.png

The red line is outside of the mask, why is this possible?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pioneer88 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-14-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,407 Times in 6,356 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer88 View Post
    You know one thing I've been curious about is this Stocks icon by D1LL1NG3R (screenshot also from D1)

http://itheming.com/upload/images/09...1186524851.png

The red line is outside of the mask, why is this possible?
    Because his mask affects the inner portion of the icon with the 3 tabs, not the outside shape. The outer shape is built into the individual icons. It's a nice method, I love his work!

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    My thoughts are even unframed it will still have the AppIconMask applied that is being applied to the other AppStore icons. The only way I can see this possibly working is to go away from the AppIconMask altogether if you want individual AppIcon control. Rename AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png to AppIconMask2x~iphone.png

This means you will need to manually theme every AppIcon! So a trade off really.

I'd would use the AppIconMask and also copy the AppStore icon into PS. Open with the AppIconMask at the top and the AppStore icon below it so effectively same effect as when using the AppIconMask in the theme.

Just my thoughts tho on how I would get around it. Not ideal but it would work.
    I guess I missed something here. I thought he was using a theme, but was having the issue with changing one AppStore icon that was already masked. So he was looking for a way to eliminate the double mask issue when using it in a bundle. If he uses your method, then he needs to per-mask all the icons. Which is a way to go, but why? It's easier to let the system do what it does. The problem is that when people use a psd to create icons in a theme, they don't stop to think if its an AppStore app or not. They just mask all icons. I am always asking for unmasked icons in themes so that I can use them correctly.

Sorry so lengthy bro, just my $.02
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 05-14-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-14-2013), Jato_BZ (05-14-2013), pioneer88 (05-14-2013)

Thanks

Stocks is a default icon so doesn't use AppIconMasking! So free to do what he likes with that icon and apple icons.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-14-2013), pioneer88 (05-14-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Happy to help man. Yip let us know how u go! 👍
    So I downloaded a theme off of cydia to a) see if it worked and b) get a peek at the file system. When I checked it in winter board and resprung is still did not apply the theme and all of the icons stayed the same. I've read some places that you need to delete the cache in the com.apple.springboard folder. Could this be the issue?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,277 Times in 3,830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toph2toast View Post
    So I downloaded a theme off of cydia to a) see if it worked and b) get a peek at the file system. When I checked it in winter board and resprung is still did not apply the theme and all of the icons stayed the same. I've read some places that you need to delete the cache in the com.apple.springboard folder. Could this be the issue?
    WinterBoard clears that cache alright, so your issue must be something else. Is it a recent theme ? A HD one ?

It could be a permissions issue bit I doubt it as it's installed over Cydia.

That new theme needs to be above in WinterBoard. If it's one of those themes needing the old SummerBoard compatibility mode toggled on, be sure you do that as well.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (05-14-2013), King_O_Hill (05-14-2013), pioneer88 (05-15-2013)

Thanks

Stocks is a default icon so doesn't use AppIconMasking! So free to do what he likes with that icon and apple icons.
    Ok, now I am confused???

If you look at the "Stocks" icon, it has a red line on it that extends past the outer shape of the icon.

Doesn't the auto mask typically affect 1) only stock and AppStore icons 2) usually modifies the outer shape of the icon?

I think I'm just losing my mind!
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (05-14-2013), pioneer88 (05-15-2013)

Thanks

Ok, now I am confused???

If you look at the "Stocks" icon, it has a red line on it that extends past the outer shape of the icon.

Doesn't the auto mask typically affect 1) only stock and AppStore icons 2) usually modifies the outer shape of the icon?

I think I'm just losing my mind!
    Yuh I just seen that. I don't have the theme so I can't tell the size of that icon. Maybe I could flick Dill a msg. Do u know the size of the icon???

AppIconMasking ONLY affects AppStore icons NOT Apple default/Native icons. U can make those icons how u please.
    AppIconMasks can be whatever. Have you got his theme?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-14-2013), King_O_Hill (05-15-2013), pioneer88 (05-15-2013)

Thanks

Yuh I just seen that. I don't have the theme so I can't tell the size of that icon. Maybe I could flick Dill a msg. Do u know the size of the icon???

AppIconMasking ONLY affects AppStore icons NOT Apple default/Native icons. U can make those icons how u please.
    I think you're right. I pulled the icon from the theme ([email protected]) and it already had the mask on. So I guess default apps aren't affected by the mask, a themer has got to manually apply masks for them.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pioneer88 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-15-2013)

Thanks

Ok, I'm good now. I have D1ll's theme the "Stocks" icon is 118x120 and the fact that the mask does not affect it explains how he has the red line extend outside the outer edges.

Thanks for helping me wrap my head around it boys!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-15-2013), Jato_BZ (05-15-2013), pioneer88 (05-15-2013)

Thanks

I think you're right. I pulled the icon from the theme ([email protected]) and it already had the mask on. So I guess default apps aren't affected by the mask, a themer has got to manually apply masks for them.
    Yes thats correct. Sorry if it didn't come across like that. Good to see we managed to get there in the end. 👍

Ok, I'm good now. I have D1ll's theme the "Stocks" icon is 118x120 and the fact that the mask does not affect it explains how he has the red line extend outside the outer edges.

Thanks for helping me wrap my head around it boys!
    King, happy to help as always! U know that! I meant to say a few comments back, that the input is good for various users as it shows diff ways ppl have looked at and solved problems! From me to you and Al! That's what I like about this thread and the ppl that contribute! 👍
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 05-15-2013 at 03:35 AM.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-15-2013), King_O_Hill (05-15-2013), pioneer88 (05-15-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You have your Bundle IDs wrong too.

com.apple.Music
    com.apple.videos

EXACTLY that way. They are case sensitive.
    I swear if feels like I just re-did everything I tried the first time, but this time it worked!! thanks for all the help. That guide at the front of the article is awesome! Its been a great help.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toph2toast For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-15-2013), Jato_BZ (05-15-2013), King_O_Hill (05-15-2013)

Thanks

Hey guys, I just had someone PM me that all their settings icons disappeared! Is there a cache that might be able to be cleared to get them back?

They tried turning everything off in WB and respring/reboot, but nothing brings them back.

Thanks

Hey guys, I just had someone PM me that all their settings icons disappeared! Is there a cache that might be able to be cleared to get them back?

They tried turning everything off in WB and respring/reboot, but nothing brings them back.
    I've answered this question on Twitter & also in the artwork extraction guide. My thoughts are its the iconCache.artwork file in the Preferences.app. If you rename that then respring you have no icons EXCEPT the Do Not Disturb icon showing in the Settings menu (a similar problem to what he has). I seen he had issues with his jailbreak & ran the JB tool over his iDevice again so I'm wondering if the Preferences.app is somehow corrupted with doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by toph2toast View Post
    I swear if feels like I just re-did everything I tried the first time, but this time it worked!! thanks for all the help. That guide at the front of the article is awesome! Its been a great help.
    Happy to help man! I'm glad it's helping you out! The whole idea of the guide and this thread! 👍

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-15-2013)

Thanks

I've answered this question on Twitter & also in the artwork extraction guide. My thoughts are its the iconCache.artwork file in the Preferences.app. If you rename that then respring you have no icons EXCEPT the Do Not Disturb icon showing in the Settings menu (a similar problem to what he has). I seen he had issues with his jailbreak & ran the JB tool over his iDevice again so I'm wondering if the Preferences.app is somehow corrupted with doing so.

Happy to help man! I'm glad it's helping you out! The whole idea of the guide and this thread! 👍
    Thanks bro, I saw that he posted it in the artwork thread right after I posted it here.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (05-15-2013)

Thanks

hi again Jato and friends, do you know the pathway go to see mobile timer bundle in ifile?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to b3be For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (05-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,277 Times in 3,830 Posts

/var/stash/Applications.xxxxx/MobileTimer.app/

The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

b3be (05-17-2013), Jato_BZ (05-17-2013), King_O_Hill (05-17-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b3be View Post
    hi again Jato and friends, do you know the pathway go to see mobile timer bundle in ifile?
    Hi b3b3, hope ur theming is going well! Keep us posted! :-)

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-17-2013), King_O_Hill (05-17-2013)

Thanks

Is it possible to remove icon labels from specific icons?

Thanks

Is it possible to remove icon labels from specific icons?
    Manually YES, not sure if a tweak can let you do it.

But WB doesn't from what I've tested.

Nav to the App you wish to remove the icon label from

Go into the language folder that your device uses. e.g mine is English so...

iFile

var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx/iFile.app/en.lproj

Open up "InfoPlist.strings"

Then open "CFBundleDisplayName" with iFile in PLV mode...delete "iFile" accordingly.

RESPRING via WB

That's how I would do it. There could be other ways...

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-17-2013), DannyZ83 (05-17-2013), King_O_Hill (05-17-2013), pioneer88 (05-17-2013)