Page 51 of 159 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3177

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS6x Theme GUIDE

  1. #1001
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Ok guys about to update the first post with reference to Wallpapers. One thing I don't think makes any sense is the Wallpaper SymLink In our themes in WinterBoard. Does anyone actually use the this SymLink or does everyone just manually drop their modded wallpapers into

    /var/stash/Wallpaper/iphone

    I dont really see the point in having the SymLink within WB, sure the link target can be changed to the Wallpaper section but it just seems pointless to me.

    Thoughts?
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Sk37cH (03-11-2013)

  3. #1002
    I only let WBoard run the UIKit bundle. All else manual. If I had time, sure I will soonish, I'd be making my own shared@2x folders. I hate WB.
    The main info.plist is about the only other thing I use, for 0 opacity icon labels and moving calendar date around...

  4. #1003
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bozN View Post
    I only let WBoard run the UIKit bundle. All else manual. If I had time, sure I will soonish, I'd be making my own shared@2x folders. I hate WB.
    The main info.plist is about the only other thing I use, for 0 opacity icon labels and moving calendar date around...
    Yuh each to there own man. There's positives and negatives for either method. WB def gives your more flexibility than just using the iOS but then ppl complain about lag with the mobile substrate running etc.

    You don't need WB to hide your dock/undocked labels BUT you do need to mod every strings file in each app...ugh. Think WB only to mod the position of the calendar day/date effectively. Although it is limited too.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Sk37cH (03-11-2013)

  6. #1004
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    2,110
    Thanks
    5,079
    Thanked 7,908 Times in 1,828 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Ok guys about to update the first post with reference to Wallpapers. One thing I don't think makes any sense is the Wallpaper SymLink In our themes in WinterBoard. Does anyone actually use the this SymLink or does everyone just manually drop their modded wallpapers into

    /var/stash/Wallpaper/iphone

    I dont really see the point in having the SymLink within WB, sure the link target can be changed to the Wallpaper section but it just seems pointless to me.

    Thoughts?
    I've used the later method. It requires a bit of playing around to get the .deb working with thumbnails, iPhone4s and iPhone5 versions of the wallpaper. But in return I think it's handy for the end user to be able to choose their wallpaper through settings. Thank you.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (03-11-2013)

  8. #1005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    That's only changing the Status bar clock in the Home screen view. Not the Lock screen clock bro.
    Cool I seen time style & just figured it was for the lock screen haha thanks

  9. #1006
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    I've used the later method. It requires a bit of playing around to get the .deb working with thumbnails, iPhone4s and iPhone5 versions of the wallpaper. But in return I think it's handy for the end user to be able to choose their wallpaper through settings. Thank you.
    Cool thanks for that, yuh exactly easier is best. DEB files...ugh lol! Thanks for the input!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Sk37cH (03-12-2013)

  11. #1007
    I wonder about the WB 'lag' issue...since I went back to using it, haven't noticed any. Could be due to my limited use....
    Could be my refusal to run SBSettings and Springtomize too....

    If its not obvious, I think it's the latter...

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to bozN For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (03-11-2013)

  13. #1008
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bozN View Post
    I wonder about the WB 'lag' issue...since I went back to using it, haven't noticed any. Could be due to my limited use....
    Could be my refusal to run SBSettings and Springtomize too....

    If its not obvious, I think it's the latter...
    Yuh I'm with you on not running SBSettings and Springtomize!

    Less is BEST!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Sk37cH (03-12-2013)

  15. #1009
    Also, you can add the .dylibs from many SBS toggles to NCSettings or even (anti-less is best!) ISX.
    Though I'm sad to report that the last NCSettings update is likely the LAST update....
    Which is too bad.
    Love having iBluever as a NCSettings toggle!

  16. #1010
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,739
    Thanks
    43,085
    Thanked 18,711 Times in 6,725 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    I've used the later method. It requires a bit of playing around to get the .deb working with thumbnails, iPhone4s and iPhone5 versions of the wallpaper. But in return I think it's handy for the end user to be able to choose their wallpaper through settings. Thank you.
    Yes, this was exactly my point also.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Sk37cH (03-12-2013)

  18. #1011
    Etch A Sketch Sk37cH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oz maaaaaate ;)
    Posts
    2,110
    Thanks
    5,079
    Thanked 7,908 Times in 1,828 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Cool thanks for that, yuh exactly easier is best. DEB files...ugh lol! Thanks for the input!
    Just to be clear, I understood the first of the methods described, as having a wallpaper in the main directory of your theme. This is simple when it comes to packaging, because you have one less installation directory. Hence why this method is easier in terms of deb packaging for repos. Even if you supply MMi with only the .zip, it still has to be packaged, and things can go wrong if not explained properly in the extras section of the dev portal. The only downside to this is that the end user is often confused as to why their wallpaper won't change, or has to delete/rename/re-spring, if they choose something else. If you're to add a section to the first post, I'd explain it via the second method, of dropping the walls, and corresponding thumbnails into var/stash/Wallpaper/iPhone/. Just remember the specifics, like to pick a number for the thumbnail, size dimensions, and the extension part of the name, eg: "-568@2x" or "@2x~iphone"

    Thank you.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (03-12-2013)

  20. #1012
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    Just to be clear, I understood the first of the methods described, as having a wallpaper in the main directory of your theme. This is simple when it comes to packaging, because you have one less installation directory. Hence why this method is easier in terms of deb packaging for repos. Even if you supply MMi with only the .zip, it still has to be packaged, and things can go wrong if not explained properly in the extras section of the dev portal. The only downside to this is that the end user is often confused as to why their wallpaper won't change, or has to delete/rename/re-spring, if they choose something else. If you're to add a section to the first post, I'd explain it via the second method, of dropping the walls, and corresponding thumbnails into var/stash/Wallpaper/iPhone/. Just remember the specifics, like to pick a number for the thumbnail, size dimensions, and the extension part of the name, eg: "-568@2x" or "@2x~iphone"

    Thank you.
    Thanks Sk37cH, that's what I was planning on doing with the image sizes and the correct naming of the files both for thumbnails and wallpaper images.

    Thank you for clarifying the Debian method.

    I appreciate anyone's feedback in regards to this thread and also updating the first post.

    Thanks to all who have contributed!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Sk37cH (03-12-2013)

  22. #1013
    What's Jailbreak? b3be's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts

    How to change cydia and ifile theme on ios 6? I can change it on ios 5 but cant on ios 6.
    Everytime in cydia and ifile, my theme back to iphone theme default. Including colorkeyboard. Any idea and suggestion?

  23. #1014
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    First post has been updated again, added Wallpapers & started the section to remove the White CALL word on the dialer.

    With the Wallpapers the method is manual based from an everyday user not from a theme uploading perspective.

    I have put in disclaimers saying if you don't feel comfortable, to not proceed.

    Thanks to King & Sk37cH for their input.

    I also have removed my original pictures from the first post and got to put out a BIG THANK YOU to Kyle Matthews for working behind the scenes with me as he is now handling the images from ModMyi. I exceeded the max # of pics in one post. The pictures have been replaced/embedded and this means I can continue with the guide as intended.

    As the first post continues the complexity of theming has started to show & I plan to finish the post with the [email protected]k along with the SIRI ([email protected]) being the finale.

    Thank you to all...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-22-2013), King_O_Hill (03-12-2013), Sk37cH (03-13-2013)

  25. #1015
    Quote Originally Posted by b3be View Post
    How to change cydia and ifile theme on ios 6? I can change it on ios 5 but cant on ios 6.
    Everytime in cydia and ifile, my theme back to iphone theme default. Including colorkeyboard. Any idea and suggestion?
    The only way to theme cydia and ifile is to recompile the [email protected] with your own images.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Star784 For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (03-12-2013)

  27. #1016
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,739
    Thanks
    43,085
    Thanked 18,711 Times in 6,725 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Star784 View Post
    The only way to theme cydia and ifile is to recompile the [email protected] with your own images.
    Not totally correct.

    You can install "Sudo" to get temporary root access, then you can theme in Winterboard.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 03-12-2013 at 07:15 PM.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (03-12-2013)

  29. #1017
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Not totally correct.

    You can install "Sudo" to get temporary root access, then you can theme in Winterboard.
    I was waiting for you to say that! This could be handy on the first post. Does that method also theme iFile? And using the Sudo method does it let u use oversized images which a lot of WinterBoard themes utilize?

    Thanks King!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  30. #1018
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,739
    Thanks
    43,085
    Thanked 18,711 Times in 6,725 Posts

    Those are very good questions. I wish I had the answers. I don't do PS, I can just give you the background and you will have to test the rest.

    With that said, I don't see why iFile would not theme, except for the fact the it does have some built in themes and color choices already.

    I would think that this can be easily tested. I don't mind being a tester, but I have no means to creat files as my graphics design capabilities are non existence.

    You gotta know you limitations, and I know mine bro.

    Did this help?
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (03-12-2013)

  32. #1019
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,169
    Thanks
    3,315
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Those are very good questions. I wish I had the answers. I don't do PS, I can just give you the background and you will have to test the rest.

    With that said, I don't see why iFile would not theme, except for the fact the it does have some built in themes and color choices already.

    I would think that this can be easily tested. I don't mind being a tester, but I have no means to creat files as my graphics design capabilities are non existence.

    You gotta know you limitations, and I know mine bro.

    Did this help?
    That's all good! Happy to work together to provide a overall theory to advise other themers if you're keen?

    It's mainly just the UI really used in iFile/Cydia.

    My UI for my own theme is done. But mine is made to be recompiled. So matches the Shared a/w

    Yuh there is a lot of limitations indeed! I dont know, 2 yrs ago I hadnt jailbroken. Knew nothing about all of this. Just extracted IPSW files before I wrote this thread. May also include that at the bottom of the first post. With the iPhone 4 bootrom exploit the IPSW will always be able to be extracted! Handy for getting the artwork Extractor updated and getting a look in of you don't have a 4!
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 03-12-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  33. #1020
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,739
    Thanks
    43,085
    Thanked 18,711 Times in 6,725 Posts

    Sure bro, if you make the images, I'll try them out. Glad to help out and go as far as we can take it.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (03-12-2013)

Page 51 of 159 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •