+ Reply
Page 45 of 157 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS6x Theme GUIDE

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Jato_BZ I was thinking exactly the same!!! like me xD but the screenshots have the pngs names in our letters
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same!!!
    like me xD but the screenshots have the pngs names in our letters

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok so a weird question that i cant find an answer for...

i have used a wallpaper on my lockscreen which is white in colour. the lock clock at first couldnt be seen as it also has its font in white but i found a tweak in cydia called 'ColorClock' that let me set the colour to what i wanted which was black.
    now the problem i have is that where is says 'Enter Passcode' or even in the phone app after you call someone the text is white and cannot be seen... how do i make that text black?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,607 Times in 1,945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post

i have used a wallpaper on my lockscreen which is white in colour. the lock clock at first couldnt be seen as it also has its font in white but i found a tweak in cydia called 'ColorClock' that let me set the colour to what i wanted which was black.
    now the problem i have is that where is says 'Enter Passcode' or even in the phone app after you call someone the text is white and cannot be seen... how do i make that text black?
    I don't think that can be done. If it can be it would have to be done via a tweak is my thoughts.
    Last edited by Simon; 03-05-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks

Possibly by altering the springboard localization .plist, that's where you can set the text, but I'm not so sure. It's not as if when the pass code buttons come up, you don't know what's going on.
    Most themes the use a clear BarLCD on the lock screen have the text gone anyway, possibly for that reason.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    I renamed Settings.bundle in private/var/mobile/applications/angry birds
    and after i resprang all appstore games are gone on the home screen, i tried renaming it back no luck

EDIT: good a full reboot fixed it back
    GRRRRRR APPLE

Im still am having the same issue with angry birds and other Appstore apps appearing in settings when there is no need for them to be in there, i cant figure out a way to take the bundle out and keep all the apps in tack and on the home screen

its totally a plist somewhere, you could try doing a 50% transparent black around the clock and that will probably solve the issue
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 03-05-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks

its totally a plist somewhere, you could try doing a 50% transparent black around the clock and that will probably solve the issue
    Personally I don't think it's a plist. Apple doesn't make it that easy for font color management.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-05-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,069 Times in 6,238 Posts

Personally I don't think it's a plist. Apple doesn't make it that easy for font color management.
    That's been my experience too.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (03-05-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I thought it could have been a plist too so I started digging around and the only place where it could have been is the com.apple.mobilephone.plist where there are a couple of other keys in there... I thought that maybe there is a key that we don't yet know of that can alter the font colour?

Also while I was digging around the net I also found a mention of UILabel that could have something to do with it but when I try to find out more info I keep getting to pages about iPhones sdk which confuses the hell out of me... Any developers around here that could help out?

Thanks

Ok guys, have updated the OP (first post) in regards to the Settings Icons. I managed to determine that majority of the icons shown in the System parts are apart of the [email protected] file.This is located in the Preferences App.

There is about 25-30 icons inside but am UNABLE TO CONFIRM as Dave Pecks extractor tool doesn't support it. I also tore apart the "Settings.plist" which references not only the icons contained within the artwork file but also the names and Labels as they show in the Settings Menu.

I found if you renamed the iconCache artwork file there was a whole lot of blanks in the Settings Menu. The icons in the Preferences App must also reference elsewhere as I renamed most of them with the [email protected] named correctly and icons still showed verifying that it uses the iconCache artwork file.

The iconCache title for this artwork file is a bit misleading as it isn't exactly a cached file as such. I can prove this as I extracted an
    iPhone 4 IPSW file and this file IS still
    present in the current directory and the same file size. This is without it actually being installed onto an iDevice. There is no "var" directory created either so no caches which makes sense.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 03-06-2013 at 01:58 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

bozN (03-06-2013), King_O_Hill (03-06-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

does anyone know where the font file or settngs for the 'enter passcode' is stored? would give me something to try and investigate?
    I know that it is a springboard string which i have already changed but there is no indication to what the font used or colour would be from there?

Thanks

does anyone know where the font file or settngs for the 'enter passcode' is stored? would give me something to try and investigate?
    I know that it is a springboard string which i have already changed but there is no indication to what the font used or colour would be from there?
    That will be code. It won't be a plist and definitely not a strings file.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-06-2013)

Thanks

The settings icons, seems like a big change from ios5.1.1. This certain? Not questioning you, just thought ppl in Jaku thread were doing it, and they're not overwriter/artwork replacing types...

Thanks

How did this guy change the color of General in the Settings tab? id like to change them all to white and bold and transparent out the white background around it

Make the General Preference Pane Easier to Spot With 'highlightGeneral'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bozN View Post
    The settings icons, seems like a big change from ios5.1.1. This certain? Not questioning you, just thought ppl in Jaku thread were doing it, and they're not overwriter/artwork replacing types...
    It seems like typical Apple IMO. They know most ppl struggle with artwork files. No the artwork file doesn't need replaced cos WB is theming it just fine. They probably just put the icons in from iOS 5 & it carried on working or they read that Settings.plist in the Preferences App. I was wondering how ppl were guessing at what the names were. I believe I have validated it via my explanation. I need things to be logical and i think what I wrote is correct with the testing I did.

ESSENTIALLY nothing has changed for the locations of the Settings Icons from iOS 5 to iOS 6. They are still in the same location. Just packaged differently. I'd love to see if a manual themer has managed to theme ALL the icons. I don't believe it's possible without recompiling the iconCache artwork which is impossible right now.

Also the GameKit App in iOS 6 now has a HUGE amount of files contained within the GameKit.artwork files. I believe Apple are going to put more of their pngs in these artwork files.

a) for easier package management
    b) there is only one Dev actively supporting "artwork" files so he still needs to update his extractor kit to support the extraction of the files which can be slow
    c) It keeps us themers out of Apple's images.

Makes sense really if you ask me.

How did this guy change the color of General in the Settings tab? id like to change them all to white and bold and transparent out the white background around it

Have you tried to email the Dev? He might be responsive to queries? With it being a tweak my guess is it isn't a simple plist tweak.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 03-06-2013 at 11:33 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

bozN (03-06-2013)

Thanks

It seems like typicalHave you tried to email the Dev? He might be responsive to queries? With it being a tweak my guess is it isn't a simple plist tweak.
    good idea however I tried that already like 3 weeks ago, never got an answer, any idea?

(I Quoted myself so ppl could know whats going on better)

Thanks

good idea however I tried that already like 3 weeks ago, never got an answer, any idea?

(I Quoted myself so ppl could know whats going on better)
    Not on how he did it, no no idea. Hopefully he looks at changing the color of the all the fonts! I imagine that would be a HUGE ask! But if he made a tweak like that and sold it on Cydia I'd say it would do well!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-06-2013)

Thanks

check out my new compass i made, in the top right of the map
    iOS6x Theme GUIDE-img_7058.png
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 03-06-2013 at 01:43 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Lockscreen Notification graphics
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me with the following...

1. Ive worked out how to move the lockscreen notifications to the top of the screen (when hiding LS Clock) but Im stuck with a 1px gap because I had to make a 1px image (BarLCD) - Does anyone know how to make this 0px? or remove the gap?

2. The notifications in the Lockscreen have a transparent black background - where can I change this?? i want to make it lighter or give it a tint of colour... I've looked everywhere but Cant find it!!!

See screenshot of my theme im working on and the issue - the 1px gap between notification and status bar... and also I wish to make the status bar AND notifications lighter - they are too dark compared to the background etc...

Thanks

IMG_4787.jpg

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockethouse View Post
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me with the following...

1. Ive worked out how to move the lockscreen notifications to the top of the screen (when hiding LS Clock) but Im stuck with a 1px gap because I had to make a 1px image (BarLCD) - Does anyone know how to make this 0px? or remove the gap?

2. The notifications in the Lockscreen have a transparent black background - where can I change this?? i want to make it lighter or give it a tint of colour... I've looked everywhere but Cant find it!!!

See screenshot of my theme im working on and the issue - the 1px gap between notification and status bar... and also I wish to make the status bar AND notifications lighter - they are too dark compared to the background etc...

Thanks

Attachment 625265
    Other than that tweak that makes it completely transparent I don't think you can edit that background. As for the gap, try crating a blank file. In iFile, create a new file and name it [email protected]. When you open it you will see its a 0x0 file so you will only see the divider between the status bar and the notifications and no gap

26. The Following User Says Thank You to DannyZ83 For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (03-07-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok so I know this has been asked before but I haven't seen a definite answer.
    Can the battery font and percentage icon on the status bar be coloured? I have already got bytafont and changed the font but I can't seem to find any info on how to change the colour. I know that the status bar clock colour can be changed with a key string in the info.plist file in my theme but does anyone know the key for the battery font? Just this battery colour and the phone font colour are the last things that I need to do to complete my theme