Page 39 of 159 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS6x Theme GUIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Just to clarify

Could you supposedly delete all the folders within Caches or is it better to delete the contents within the sub folders? I'm guessing WB does something along the lines of this when we respring hence the delay while respringing?
    Uh, well as far as doing permanent damage within the Caches folder you can't - the OS will regenerate anything you delete (except stuff that gets generated by installing an app, like icons - in which case you'll need to re-install the app).

I'm not which particular files are safe to delete aside from the Iconcache folder and a couple of the linens. I really don't mess with that stuff now. I did, however, contact the author of iCleaner, asking him what was safe to delete within the caches folder and this is what he told me:

ME: "If I manually delete the com.apple.springboard cache folder in /var/mobile/Library/Caches, will that screw up my iPhone in some way? Is it safe to delete? "
    IVANO: "It only contains three standard cache files for me (Cache.db, Cache.db-shm, Cache.db-wal).
    I believe they can be deleted without any issue, most similarly named files are deleted by iCleaner without any problem.
    You can try renaming them, and rebooting your phone. If they are re-created, and everything is okay, then you might as well delete them.
    If anything goes wrong, just rename them back. Make sure you have OpenSSH installed, so you can access your device under any circumstance and condition."
    So, if you want to test your cache files, simply rename them so you don't lose them. Simple enough I guess

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-27-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,339 Times in 2,106 Posts

Thanks for the update. I think I had an issue where I deleted the "com.apple.preferences" DB files within the folder a few weeks back and they didn't reappear as you would expect. I thought it was odd that when I went to restore I couldn't! And I had to hack my iTunes on my Mac to mod a sig file there...weird is my thoughts...previously I had restored no issues at all...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Thanks for the update. I think I had an issue where I deleted the "com.apple.preferences" DB files within the folder a few weeks back and they didn't reappear as you would expect. I thought it was odd that when I went to restore I couldn't! And I had to hack my iTunes on my Mac to mod a sig file there...weird is my thoughts...previously I had restored no issues at all...
    you sent the package to the post office Siri

Yes, i deleted all the folder, Now is empty and i forgote male a clone...

Thanks

Updated post 717 or http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-themes-discussion/817877-ios6x-theme-guide-%thread_page%-print.html

In regards to the SIRI themes I posted being 1NfraRED & TRUXE.

There are now working links to the MMi preview threads.

What can i do?? All my icons are white now xD

Quote Originally Posted by corvus89 View Post
    What can i do?? All my icons are white now xD
    You probably have to do a restore

Ok, and after? What i must do with the cache icon folder?? ( now i know that dont delete xD)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,982 Times in 6,537 Posts

Make sure that you do a DFU restore to wipe the phone clean.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

i have done the restore with the last security copy in Itunes but nothing
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]624179[/ATTACH
    I think that i am ******...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0102.jpg  

Thanks

I don't want to clog this thread with this, but you need to download the correct ipsw file for your device and then do a true DFU restore and then setup as new! This should correct any problem that you have.

Do you know how to do a DFU restore?

One last thing, did you try safe mode?
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-28-2013)

ipsw file?? what is that?. I want to update to 6.1.2, is a valid option? i suppose that is a total restore

Thanks

ipsw file?? what is that?. I want to update to 6.1.2, is a valid option? i suppose that is a total restore
    I can help you, but it might be worth doing a little google search for some info. If you just plug into iTunes and do a restore, it won't fix crap. You need to download the latest (6.1.2) firmware (.ipsw file) for your device, then put your phone into true DFU (black screen) then open iTunes and shift click the restore button and select the ipsw file that you downloaded. Then do a "setup as new". Then jailbreak.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (03-02-2013), Jato_BZ (02-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I can help you, but it might be worth doing a little google search for some info. If you just plug into iTunes and do a restore, it won't fix crap. You need to download the latest (6.1.2) firmware (.ipsw file) for your device, then put your phone into true DFU (black screen) then open iTunes and shift click the restore button and select the ipsw file that you downloaded. Then do a "setup as new". Then jailbreak.
    Ok, i'm going to prove it, thank, sometimes i have difficult to understand all that appear in the thread beacuse im not speak english, that is the cause of i have a few problems to make the changes in the theme.

Thanks

Ok, i'm going to prove it, thank, sometimes i have difficult to understand all that appear in the thread beacuse im not speak english, that is the cause of i have a few problems to make the changes in the theme.
    I did not know that English was not your first language. Now that I do, I will try and be sure that I explain better.

What is your language?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-28-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

try using google translator
    Google Translate

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-28-2013)

Thanks

Hey iGuahan!!!

That all looks correct, however what size are your icons? They need to be on a 118x120 canvas or they won't theme.

Let me know!

Page 39 of 159 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 49 89 139 ... LastLast