Page 30 of 159 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS6x Theme GUIDE

i have gone through this thread and seen some people having the same problems as i am. i'm on 6.1 on an iphone 4.
    i have been trying all night to fix the AppIconShadow and AppIconMask files one way or the other, trying to remove the black squares and icon shadows.
    this is what it looks like now after i tried combining the transparent IconMask/Shadow icons in my theme with renaming WallpaperIconDockShadow/Background.

-img_0815.png

i also tried combinations of renaming the IconMask/Shadow in the files, adding the transparent files in my theme etc etc.. nothing works.
    i'm about to throw my phone out the window it's making me mad lol. and i know the problem is probably super simple

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

***UPDATE***

Great news guys! Kyle has let me have the specific BBCode enabled I needed to create "Jump to sections" in Post 1, so what that means is I can have a table of contents with links to within the first post to jump to different areas within Post 1. This means you can bypass different areas and navigate directly to the areas/sections specific to you. This will save time trawling through the entire post looking and possibly missing the information you are after.

I plan to put A LOT more content in the first post to cover ALL aspects of theming.

Check it out and if you have any advice or comments feel free to let me know!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Hey bro, this is what I get on mobile:

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Hey bro, this is what I get on mobile:

Very right you are, it appears the BBCode functionality is not working ATM, errr #awkward, I have asked Kyle to have a look as he controls what BBCode elements can be used etc. Hopefully he will have an answer soon...FYI - it WAS working...

***UPDATE***
    Its working on PC just not on Mobile, ill need to liase with Kyle to see if its a major to deploy...Im not a web deisgner/coder at all

***UPDATE 2***

Kyle has advised that it's the MMi app and it's not built to run custom BBCodes as per the ones I've posted in the OP.

The MMi app would need a re-write to support it which I don't think will happen anytime soon.

The positive is its working fine on PC for the jump to sections and also in safari on mobile devices. Just a no go from within the MMi app.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-21-2013 at 08:44 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-21-2013)

i made it work, kinda... only the AppStore app icons are left with a black background while everything else works fine
    -img_0817.png

Hey guys, I dont usually ask for help, but i'm stumped on this one.... the spinner you get when you use iOS6's native pull-to-refresh doesn't theme! All my other spinners theme fine (like the one next to my wifi icon on the status bar), is this spinner rendered or something? And ive never figured out the pale blue background behind it either, i'm pretty sure that is coded and not an image... am I wrong? Thanks in advance!
    -img_1568.png
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Jato

Yeah, that's what I figured. That's why I made it a point to say that I was on mobile. I guess I can always open the thread up in safari.

Yes, that works just fine. Maybe you can put a note on the first post for mobile users to open in safari for the links to work. Although, they probably won't read it anyway. Maybe put it just after you explain the links with a few asterisks next to it.

Glad you got it working.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 02-21-2013 at 07:19 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-22-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Jato

Yeah, that's what I figured. That's why I made it a point to say that I was on mobile. I guess I can always open the thread up in safari.

Yes, that works just fine. Maybe you can put a note on the first post for mobile users to open in safari for the links to work. Although, they probably won't read it anyway. Maybe put it just after you explain the links with a few asterisks next to it.

Glad you got it working.
    Good idea bro! I will put a wee note at the table of contents! Yuh ur probably right! Now I can go to town with all the other info I have spinning around to help out others!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-21-2013)

Hey all... Interesting question. In a theme, is it possible to get the GPS coordinates, and then turn said coordinates into a usable postal code? I know how to do it in HTML, I have just been beating my head against the wall trying to get my phone to do it in Wallpaper.html.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleVC View Post
    Hey all... Interesting question. In a theme, is it possible to get the GPS coordinates, and then turn said coordinates into a usable postal code? I know how to do it in HTML, I have just been beating my head against the wall trying to get my phone to do it in Wallpaper.html.
    If you are using the myLocation app to get GPS coordinates, then this is very possible. Just pull in the coordinates from a location js that is in any GPS widget and then write your html code to get your zip. I'm not sure what you want a postal code for, but hey, whatever floats your boat!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-22-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

some of it was said on page 6, i dont know how to recompile the artwork file for Twitter nor Facebook, could someone tell me how?

-img_6951.png

I did the Wallpaper image right but it appears like that, im missing the names for the Print and Copy as well

Wallpaper Image:
    PLActivityUseAsWallpaper@2x~iphone.png
    -plactivityuseaswallpaper-2x-iphone.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    some of it was said on page 6, i dont know how to recompile the artwork file for Twitter nor Facebook, could someone tell me how?

-img_6951.png

I did the Wallpaper image right but it appears like that, im missing the names for the Print and Copy as well

Wallpaper Image:
    PLActivityUseAsWallpaper@2x~iphone.png
    -plactivityuseaswallpaper-2x-iphone.png
    The issue with the wallpaper image is its a mask type file. Which references he "[email protected]" which looks exactly as the image you have taken.because your themed image is solid with rounded corners it's displaying the full image of "[email protected]"

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1361512571.212902.jpg

To recompile your artwork you need to look at this thread

iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)

Try making this image "[email protected]" as the background icon for these images. But as you know it needs to be recompiled to work.

A transparent version of "[email protected]" recompiled could also beat the iOS but I haven't tried this.

Then you could theme those icons as you please.
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 02-22-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    The issue with the wallpaper image is its a mask type file. Which references he "[email protected]" which looks exactly as the image you have taken.because your themed image is solid with rounded corners it's displaying the full image of "[email protected]"

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1361512571.212902.jpg

To recompile your artwork you need to look at this thread

iOS .ARTWORK file Extractor (with Tutorial)

Try making this image "[email protected]" as the background icon for these images. But as you know it needs to be recompiled to work.

A transparent version of "[email protected]" recompiled could also beat the iOS but I haven't tried this.

Then you could theme those icons as you please.
    meh to much work to care on the recompiling, so what exactly should i do to fix the PLActivityUseAsWallpaper@2x~iphone.png and [email protected]
    I tried using the same image for both and i still get that gray image you put up, i tried one and not the the other and then vise versa same results, so how do u fix it?

also whats the name for the copy and print? or r those in the recompile as well?
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 02-22-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Only way will be to extract then recompile with your modded images.

Those two other images are

[email protected]
    [email protected]

And are apart of the Shared artwork, with WB not theming those images yet, recompiling is the only way.

no one knows why only AppStore app icons don't respond to my tweaks?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morrbidotoni View Post
    no one knows why only AppStore app icons don't respond to my tweaks?
    When are making your new AppIcon files are you saving as PNG-24 options? When you save, save for web & devices and select the PNG-24 option.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

morrbidotoni (02-22-2013)

Yes I was, everything was saved as PNG-24

Thanks

@Jato_BZ

I still cant theme Passbook, can someone make a theme for me and place it in folders, everything i do doesnt work, when it works ill just over right your image and fix my permissions of the icon to match yours

Here's what I got:

Bundles/com.apple.Shoebox/[email protected]

Make sure that you respring from winterboard to clear the icon cache!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

BenderRodriguez (02-22-2013), Jato_BZ (02-22-2013)

Default How to change a icloud settings icon
    hi guys

please help me for change this (this is the last icon that I have not changed).

see the picture

thanks a lot

-img_0117.png

Page 30 of 159 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 40 80 130 ... LastLast